FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Spore

Patriot Players
Anyone know whats going on with this game? I heard its been pushed back a bit? I thought it sounded like a really neat concept hope it doesnt get pushed off into oblivion.
Scaramanga
I believe the last word from Will Wright and EA is that it will be shipping in the second half of this year.
darth_revan
it's said to be multiplayer. You'll play on internet, but it won't take too much bandwitdh, it's said..
QrafTee
darth_revan wrote:
it's said to be multiplayer. You'll play on internet, but it won't take too much bandwitdh, it's said..

It's multiplayer in the sense that what other people create/establish/organize/whatever is automatically uploaded into your world. So you might be playing computers, but their territory/planet is generated by another person... technically.
Nutteloos
Might take quite some time before this hits the shelves, but I'm definitely looking forward to it... it surely looks refreshing. Now let's just hope they don't do the 'sims-thing' with this one.
MasterfulMongoose
ive had it preordered for about a year now (if not more)

but i can honestly say that i think it has the trappings of being the greatest game ever made.
Kirbyssj
The Videos from E3 looked so hot. Also did anyone see the video where Robin Williams made his own race? This game will most certainly be on my top 10 games of all time list when it comes out.
And I'm pretty sure its going to be November this year?

Edit: for some reason it was typed wrong.
Ghost900
I heard about this game from the PC gamer mag I get and it looks like a kinda cool game but I don't remember if they had a release date for the game at that time.

Well see how this game is once it comes out and see if it is a great hit. Wink
soldeinvierno
I read a few days ago in an Spanish website (www.spore.es) that Spore had been delayed one more yeat (until 2008). I though that was horrible. Embarassed Embarassed

But I've been to that website again and there seems to be good news! In this website Wright claims that Spore will finally come out this year!

I don't know what to believe...
hlavco
This game better be as amazing as it looked in those videos. I was repeatedly amazed at all the features and modes. Just when you think it's over, he zooms out again and you can do even more.

Probably gonna be hard on my computer... Confused
Packfan104L4
It's been pushed back til March 31, 2008 unfortunately
QrafTee
Patriot Players wrote:
Anyone know whats going on with this game? I heard its been pushed back a bit? I thought it sounded like a really neat concept hope it doesnt get pushed off into oblivion.

It's been pushed back to 2008... I believe in February.
spazbutt32
Spore.. I saw the trailer for it and it definitely looks like the best thing EVER.

Procedural generation technology, oh where you'll take us.. @__@
Nutteloos
Gotta love the "when it's done, it's done" attitude. Really.

It seems today most games are shipped when half-finished, and then a small portion of the issues are solved through patches. After which the designers move on to another game.

This is one of the reasons I'm looking forward to Spore. Let's hope it is as smooth and polished as I expect it to be.
Kitten Kong
My only hope is that it is a complex and difficult PC game, not a smooth edged, dumbed down console affair.
Scott
The idea of Spore is fantastic, I really want to play it. I hope they do this right.

Magus_Strife
I´m really looking foward to Spore. It looks like next gen Sim/Strategy game that all the family can enjoy. Waiting since last year. =)
matto
I think I read somewhere that Spore will be distributed for as many platforms as possible, even with limited versions that run on a cellphone. The passive multiplayer is probably going to be the factor that ties all the platforms together.

This would explain, only in part if at all, why the release date got pushed back so far. Nintendo's Wii online capabilities are still untested by any major distribution and people with dataplans are going to grow once competitors to the iphone are releasing their products.
vonboy
well they said that it will not be extreamly deep. like the stage that kinda like the game civilization will be kinda based of that game, but it will be simplified.

i don't know if you view this as advertizing, but if it is, just remove it please, and don't ban me please Sad . there is a whiole section in the gaming steve forums that have pretty much discussed the game to death. the forum is http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?board=12.0
QrafTee
I heard Spore might be delayed until '09, can anyone confirm?
vonboy
they said that it's currently planned for the fiscal year of 09, which is from like march 08 to march 09.
bickers
Ouch, long delays. I'm sort of okay with that though, because the more time they give themselves, the more polished it should be. It would be really disappointing for this game to let people down, so they're probably taking every precaution to prevent that from happening.

I'll definitely be trying it once it does come, though.
Kitten Kong
Im treating this as a "when its done" title. I am very very excited about this game, i really hope it lives up to the hype. unlike Black & White, and especially Black & White 2.
SkinnyV
I also heard it was delayed. I really can't wait to try it! I always liked that kind of unusual game.
driftingfe3s
SkinnyV wrote:
I also heard it was delayed. I really can't wait to try it! I always liked that kind of unusual game.

Yeah, I heard it was delayed to 2009 which is a huge bummer. I realy wanted to try out the game. I guess one good thing is that I don't have a good gaming machine right now and it will take some time for me to get get funds for a new computer when I have so many other things of greater priority to purchase first.
Patriot Players
Spore looks like an amazing game, with an incredible concept. Unfortunately it seems to put into that whole "delayed delayed delayed oh wait we were never actually going to release it" cycle. I really really really hope this isnt the case, but it does seem that way. Its been delayed what, three times now I think?
sandyclaus
This is killing me... I wish I knew why it stalled...
Nutteloos
I really don't mind them shoving it forward. Because that means the game will actually be more smooth and polished. I wish more designers would do this, instead of rushing it for the deadlines and then (possibly after one patch) abandoning it for the next game.
Yjaxygames
Spore won't be in shops this year I think, but I'm really looking forward to it. It's very original. I always like "create your own character" things in games and in this game it's "create your own creature" and it's very detailed.
SlugDragon
QrafTee wrote:
darth_revan wrote:

It's multiplayer in the sense that what other people create/establish/organize/whatever is automatically uploaded into your world. So you might be playing computers, but their territory/planet is generated by another person... technically.

It's been described as, instead of a MMORPG, a MSORPG...you are not required to be online at any time during play...when you're connected to the web, the system automatically downloads things it thinks your games environments are in need of...so if your create is too powerful for your world, a new predator, of someone else's creation, will be utilized in your world.
Kitten Kong
The problem with massively hyped games that then come out years and years later is that all the features that caught your eye in the beginning have all been ripped out for various reasons and you end up with a steaming pile.

Exhibit A. Black & White
vonboy
ya, thier making everything look less realistic, and more cartoonish because they could make the engine in a way that it would give realistic motion to realistic looking creatures. so like if you made a dog or cat in the editor, it wouldn't move like it's supposed to, so now thier just letting you create cartoonish looking alian creature things.

i'm still gonna buy it, though. Cool
urbanbuddha
I am still waiting for this game.

I don't mind as much since I have other games to distract me from playing the waiting game. It'll also give me the time to buy a newer PC =)
Packfan104L4
urbanbuddha wrote:
I am still waiting for this game.

I don't mind as much since I have other games to distract me from playing the waiting game. It'll also give me the time to buy a newer PC =)

I'm actually in the same boat. I have all of these new games that aren't being played to their full potential because of only mid-graphics. Battlefield 2142 I KNOW looks incredible run at max since I saw it on my friends comp, but my comp can only handle mid range graphics.

When I get an extra 800 bucks or so, I'll pick up a Dell XPS from Dell Outlet
soldeinvierno
Have you seen the latest videos and reviews of the game? According to different websites the game is completed and is going through the final stages before going into actual production. This week, there was a press demo available at the Games Convention in Leipzig (Germany) and everybody agrees that the game looks awesome and is very interesting to play.

Here is a few websites you can check with the reviews. If you find any others, please post them here

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/spore/814526p1.html
http://uk.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/spore/news.html?sid=6177159
http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3162206
soldeinvierno
Found another one:

http://www.gameinformer.com/News/Story/200708/N07.0823.1555.09950.htm
Nutteloos
Certainly looks like a potentially great game, even though I'm still a bit hestitant since well... it IS still from EA and I'm not looking for anything moderately like The Sims.
QrafTee
I built a computer recently and I know without a shadow of a doubt that it'll be able to play Spore without any problems. I can't wait for the game, until then... time to look at Supreme Commander... Bioshock... Starcraft II. Mad