FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Big news for starcraft fans~

mansonivan
For any fans of StarCraft, this is indeed huge news ^^ few games survive the test of time like this one has.
So here's the link to the info on it ^^

http://au.pc.ign.com/articles/755/755925p1.html

why do i get the feeling that after a StarCraft 2 there will be a MMO of it?... o right, it's made by blizzard ^^; lol well atleast their games are amazing and totaly fun.[/url]
gh0stface
I hope Starcraft 2 does get produced and released. I would love to know what happened after Broodwars. They left so much loose ends that ought to be tied up. Well at least I think they should Razz
Patriot Players
Never played too much starcraft myself, but I would definitely check this out.
the6thfactor
This has been speculated for years, even since shortly after BW was released. I would be very happy to see it finally go through. I think it's definitely a needed boost, I mean, come on... we can't let SC fade away. Smile
Peterssidan
That not said much. but of course it will come one day. There is too much money in it. I hope the not make it like Warcraft 3. The graphic was not good in WC3 and so on.

If I was the boss of Blizzard I had never alowed an SC2 because I love Starcraft the way it is. I can hardly think it can be better.
Ghost900
Me and my brother still play Starcraft but I think a Starcraft 2 wouldn't be bad.

I wouldn't mind as long as they went with the theme and feel of the original one.
B4_Utopia
Yeah but you've gotta realise that it'll be in full 3d, so some things will have to change
Mokona
yeah i didnt play to much starcraft either
Kirbyssj
Edit: the kid next to me just told me star craft ghost was cancled.
Pryme8
If they come out with anouther starcraft that will make my day, I loved the first one
ForceRun
Well this is just a rumor, but there have been a few other rumors recently. But knowing Blizzard it will take a few years to get anything going. They would be dumb not to keep the game going.
fikabord
When the sequel to Starcrafts arrive I'll be jumping and screaming.. ok, maybe just jumping.. but really glad. Starcraft is in my opinion without a doubt the best RTS-game ever, maybe even the best game ever of all genres. At least top ten!
Kirbyssj
I've lost all faith in the side team of Blizzard that makes Starcraft. After waiting so long for ghost I feel this rumor won't even go into production for at least another 2 years, and then after that we'll have to wait another 6 years for them to be done or crush our dreams with a " Indefinitly Postponded".
7Pound7
Qoute: "I've lost all faith in the side team of Blizzard that makes Starcraft. After waiting so long for ghost I feel this rumor won't even go into production for at least another 2 years, and then after that we'll have to wait another 6 years for them to be done or crush our dreams with a " Indefinitly Postponded"."

Starfcraft Ghost was a failure and it didn't bring the flavour Blizzard probably wanted for the console games. Blizzard should stay away from first person shooters anyway IMO. Starcraft 2 will come out, but according to Blizzards productive timeline, it will be in the year 2020 or something. When windows Vista is not getting any support from microsoft anymore...
Kitten Kong
There have been rumours of this for years, pretty much since StarCraft came out. I am interested to see how blizzard goes making it if they ever do, the are a completely restructured company since WOW.

I am not gonna wait for this one.
Kirbyssj
7Pound7 wrote:
Qoute: "I've lost all faith in the side team of Blizzard that makes Starcraft. After waiting so long for ghost I feel this rumor won't even go into production for at least another 2 years, and then after that we'll have to wait another 6 years for them to be done or crush our dreams with a " Indefinitly Postponded"."

Starfcraft Ghost was a failure and it didn't bring the flavour Blizzard probably wanted for the console games. Blizzard should stay away from first person shooters anyway IMO. Starcraft 2 will come out, but according to Blizzards productive timeline, it will be in the year 2020 or something. When windows Vista is not getting any support from microsoft anymore...

Actuly the reason they dropped it was becasue WOW was such a big success. So they didn't have any time( or teams) to devote to GHOST, which actualy seemed like an amazing game for the time when it was frist going to be released. Also Blizzard has released console games before for the PS1 and they worked quite well.
Jayfarer
StarCraft II has to come eventually. It's almost mandatory given it's popularity. In games, nearly everything gets a sequel. It just might not happen anytime soon.
dac_nip
this is definitely good news. any hint or estimate as to when would this be released? or is it still under the development stage? then we would have to wait for years i guess..can't wait though, pretty excited Very Happy
blk3
Yes, a sequel would be nice considering that Warcaft had already 2 sequeals, they should make one for starcraft too.
Geminh
If Starcraft 2 is actually being made, its about time! Its long overdue and if its popularity in Korea weren't as big, Blizzard would've come out with a sequel a long time ago.
Ducksteina
I really look forward to Starcraft 2.
I just hope it doesn't become a MMORPG or a totally new game. If they keep the old Starcraft-feeling, it will sure be a great game...
Psycho_X52
Yeh..I hope that they'll keep the old gaming engine, just a few improvements, like graphics or battle scenes, scenario, weapons...
jay84h
I love StarCraft. If they make a StarCraft 2, I would definitely be getting it!
apexcaliber
If they made a Starcraft game like World of Warcraft...That would rock. I'm a bit tired of the same fantasy MMORPGs that are out or are currently planned.

Dont know if Blizz would compete with itself but its still fun to imagine what such a game will be like. I am really looking forward to Shadowrun Online.
Duncan Idaho
The zerg/protoss will end up beating the zerg, and the protoss will make a planetary self implosion, causing whatever map you are on to be blown to pieces. Also expect in-space and in-sky battles. (possibly space stations around the planets as well.)

And warcraft had 3 or 4 games till it became an mmo...and I still remember playing the second warcraft...
Vladalf
Blizzard announced that the next Starcraft game will be a mmorpg.
I don't like this ideea.
PseudoKnight
No, they didn't. There is no definitive answer either way.

Personally, I would buy a simple graphical update of Starcraft. Keep almost everything intact, but double the resolution of the sprites and increase the frame rate of the animations. I'd love to have a little more viewing range too. The gameplay could remain intact but with maybe some interface improvements that have become standard in other RTS games.

As of right now, SC is still selling. Some at Blizzard feel that they have no need to undercut those sales and/or even lose fans over major changes.
Hogwarts
Duncan Idaho wrote:
The zerg/protoss will end up beating the zerg, and the protoss will make a planetary self implosion, causing whatever map you are on to be blown to pieces. Also expect in-space and in-sky battles. (possibly space stations around the planets as well.)

And warcraft had 3 or 4 games till it became an mmo...and I still remember playing the second warcraft...

It had:
Warcraft: Orcs and Humans
Warcraft II: Tides of darkness
Warcraft II: The Dark Saga
Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne

Then there was another game, but that was axed, just like SC: Ghost.

I'd love to see Starcraft 2 come out, but I would like Warcraft to become a Real-Time-Strategy game again just as soon.
undoweb
I hope after starcraft II it will gona be a game like WOW, Blizzard after Warcraft III created the WOW. I hope that starcraft II will be played over the battlenet wit new stufs. Yeah I like the starcraft II idea and I whant to play it on my mac ( I hope it will apear for mac OSX ).
saeleyjnr
Ooohhh sound very good.

Always wondered why they never worked on or released a sequel to the first starcraft game
lethaltriad
Interesting, they have some big shoes to fill with part 2. I just hope the gameplay is up there like the original Starcraft.
Setheroth
Man I just hope they don't ruin it by just releasing a sequel to make some bucks. Starcraft had to be a pretty good game to still be going strong 10 yrs later. If they get the right developers in there, SC2 will hopefully go just as long...
roach831
starcraft is pretty sick hopefully 2 is way way better that brood war and 1
Insanity
I don't think Blizzard has ever released a shabbly sequel for some quick cash...
medievalman26
It would be awesome if they did but it seems unlikely because most if not all of their teams are working on WoW. If and when they do I hope it is Starcraft 2 and not an RPG or MMORPG. If you check Blizzards site you will see that they have announced nothing in regards to makeing another starcraft yet.
Gundamxxg
Just seeing that makes me really happy inside. I really love the game and have been hoping for them to make some kind of continuation of the series. If it is in an MMO format im going to go insane so to speak lol just cause it will be so amazing.
Scott
I love starcraft so much, I'd love to see a sequel. They'll definitley use a completely new engine though.
Malchior
Duncan Idaho wrote:

Hey you're making it look better than I imagined. Very Happy A Full 3D MMORPG of Starcraft would be totally cool! It has been a long time since I played StarCraft and some of it's expansions.

WOW is good and might be the best MMORPG ever, but they forgot about StarCraft. It's the first and they should've taken to account that a lot of people are still playing it, will it be LAN or Battlenet.

I think Blizzard got this intergalactic battle idea from an MMORPG called Rising Force(RF) and maybe some other online game. It's good Blizzard finally came to their senses(no offense though) and thought of another good MMORPG. Very Happy