FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Unusual hobbies

Trog
Out of the norm...hobbies are a wierd thing, wierder when you meet someone who claims to not have a hobby at all. I often say "I only have one hobby, collecting hobbies." Which is all very well, but it does fill up what little space we have in the house Smile

What I'm curious to know is what are the strangest hobbies you've either encountered or participated in....in comparison to what Joe Bloggs on the street might do to fill his time.

For example: I make chainmail, it's more theraputic than you might think. Consider it knitting with attitude Very Happy

I also do Origami, Sumi-E painting (Not that I'm very good), Manga art and fungus watching Razz
crdowner
I have gotten caught up in genealogy research. That in and of itself is not an unusual hobby but visiting cemeteries might be considered a little odd. I have visited several cemeteries several times over the last two months. I walk around looking for headstones of people that I could be related to. I write down information and even take photos. Is that unusual? Not to me.
Rico
No doubt about it, chain mail is very cool. How you on barbed wire? (not Pamela’s movie though the real deal).
apple
I used to collect bottles I liked....

and at one point I used to collect pills...

whenever I got pills form the doctor....I'd keep one and save it in my collection.
Captain Fertile
apple wrote:
and at one point I used to collect pills...

whenever I got pills form the doctor....I'd keep one and save it in my collection.

Wow that hobby must be even more dangerous as Base Jumping! Shocked

Remind me never to bring my kids to your house if you take that up again - that would be scary!
Trog
As I mentioned in another post, I collected graveyards a few years ago...as did my sister. I used a camera and a notepad to jot down some of the more unusual deaths or 'last words' some of the Cornish ones are particularly funny in a kinda black humour way.

My advice, take a camera...get the spookiest or funniest shots you can.

Oh and read a book called Tombstone Humour by Richard De'ath and Spike Milligan
thealpha
oh~
It's good for us to listen to some unusual hobbies. So fun
noromyxo
Well, the weirdest "hobby" that I took up was when I was in elementary. I went around the campus collecting Gatorade bottles and then I'd stack them up in my cubby hole (that's like a locker).

BTW, how does one make chain mail? And watch fungus?
furtasacra
noromyxo wrote:
Well, the weirdest "hobby" that I took up was when I was in elementary. I went around the campus collecting Gatorade bottles and then I'd stack them up in my cubby hole (that's like a locker).

BTW, how does one make chain mail? And watch fungus?

Uh, if you collect Gatorade bottles and stuff them in a locker, they will probably eventually sprout fungus. There's two hobbies in one. Ewwww.

I have multiple hobbies. I crochet and cook, for nice "feminine" things to do during nasty weather, and I grub around in the garden and make concrete sculptures when it's nice outside.

My hubby is a good cook, and enjoys cooking, and occasionally helps me clean the house; traditional gender roles don't have much influence in this household.