FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Up to 20 FriH$ + Bonus to know your favourite Candy

Captain Fertile
THE OFFER OF FriH$ has now ENDED! You are welcome to keep posting but no further payments will now be made.

Hi,

I would like to know what is everyone’s favourite candy from his or her own country. So I also need to know which country you are in. The candy does not have to be available JUST in your country, it can be a world-wide name as long as it is commonly available in your country.

I am especially interested in European and Asian countries but anyone apart from the UK would be great.

By candy I mean anything that comes under the candy banner (gum, chocolates, jelly sweets etc etc)

There are 4 scales of payment available:

Your top 10 candy = 5 FriH$
Your top 10 candy plus a description of each candy = 10 FriH$
Your top 20 candy = 10 FriH$
Your top 20 candy plus a description for each candy = 20 FriH$

Descriptions can be quite short but they should be original (but I understand if one or two of your bars have been covered by some else and a new description may be difficult – I will get suspicious though if the majority of your list is made up of candy from other people’s lists)

See my example below for a Twix Bar:
Twix – From the Mars Company, crisp biscuit covered in caramel and then coated in milk chocolate.

But you can make the description as long as you wish and if you can include the name of the maker of each candy that would be even better but if you don’t know for sure don’t worry about it.

So I need to know which country you are from and your favourite candy whether it be top 10 or 20 with or without descriptions.

This will be open until I get enough responses.

Thanks

PS Does anyone know if a previous thread on FriHost may have covered this? I searched but could not find it, if you know of one let me know and PLEASE if there is another thread please do not simply copy off there.
saratdear
Ok, let me see, I am not a big candy fan anyway... Wink

Favourite candy :

Munch : A chocolate covered wafer product from Nestle company, quite crunchy and munchy.

I would like to know whether you are interested in things like potato chips and that sort of stuff, like Lays.
HalfBloodPrince
Gum
Jello
Chocolate bars (Mars, Galaxy, etc..)
Skittles
M&Ms
Warheads/Airheads
Ice cream (if it counts)
Jolly Ranchers (and similar stuff)
popcicles
lolipops

jds10912
USA

1. Recee's (Chocolate covered peanut butter cups) (hershey)
2. Hershey's Bars (Milk Chocolate Bar) (hershey)
3. 3 Musketeers Bar (Chocolate covered Nougat bar) (mars)
4. Skittles (Bite Sized Fruit Flavored Candy) (mars?)
5. M+M's (Bite Sized Chocloates, Hard sugar coating) (mars)
6. Jolly Ranchers (Hard Candy) (hershey)
7. Baby Ruth (Chocolate Covered peanuts and nougat) (nestle)
8. Snickers (Chocolate covered nougat topped with peanuts and caramel) (mars)
9. Starbursts (Chewy, Fruit flavored Candy) (mars)
10. KitKat Bar (Chocolate covered cream-filled wafer) (nestle? hershey?)

Edit: added manufacturers to all of the candies
Captain Fertile
saratdear wrote:
Ok, let me see, I am not a big candy fan anyway... Wink

Favourite candy :

Munch : A chocolate covered wafer product from Nestle company, quite crunchy and munchy.

I would like to know whether you are interested in things like potato chips and that sort of stuff, like Lays.

I would just like candy no chips or crisps, ice creams or popcicles etc.

If you can come up with the rest of you list I'll happily pay you.

HalfbloodPrince - Paid 5F$
RE: Your list should be a little more specific if possible.
Gum (what brand and flavour)
Jello (is this a type of candy? If so what maker and flavour?)
Chocolate bars (Mars, Galaxy, etc..) (I am looking for specific make of bar you like)
Skittles
M&Ms (which type, peanut, chocolate etc.)
Warheads/Airheads (Are there various flavours, if so what is your favourite?)Ice cream (if it counts) (Sorry, I'm not looking for Ice Creams at this time)
Jolly Ranchers (and similar stuff)
popcicles (Sorry, I'm not looking for popcicles at this time)
lolipops (Brand and flavour?)
You made an effort and the problems with your list may have been down to my poor desrciption of what I was looking for so I paid you anyway. If you could alter your list to suit my highlights that would be great.

jds10912 - Paid 10F$

That was ideal - many thanks.
X3 Talk
1. Mars Bar- a product of the Mars company (from what I am aware of) caramel coated in chocolate.
2. Crunchie- Cadbury company, honeycomb covered in Chocolate.
3. Cadbury Favourites- Cabury chocolate bars packaged in smaller editions in a box.
4. Scorched Almonds- almonds dipped in chocolate.
5. Scorched Peanut- Peanuts dipped in chocolate.
6. M&Ms- Chocolate coated in a hard shell.
7. Cadbury Dairy Milk- Standard block of pure Chocolate.
8. Cadbury Dark Forest- Chocolate with a mix of fruit and berries.
9. Chewing gum apple flavour- Standard chewing gum in an apple flavour.
10. Menthos (spelling) Fruit- Menthos with in various fruit related flavours.
Captain Fertile
X3 Talk - Paid 10F$ many thanks.
jds10912
Captain Fertile wrote:
jds10912 - Paid 10F$

I'm sorry but I didn't recieve the 10$
EDIT: Now I did
Captain Fertile
jds10912 wrote:
Captain Fertile wrote:
jds10912 - Paid 10F$

I'm sorry but I didn't recieve the 10$

Sorry about that - I have sent them again. Smile

Did anyone else not receive theirs?
xyberz
Laughing You're asking a candy connoisseur here. Here's a list of SOME of my favorite candies of all time. If I list them all I think that you'll run out of frih$!!

1. Raisinettes (Milk chocolate covered raisins) from Nestle Corporation

2. Caramello (Milk chocolate with caramel center) from Cadbury

3. Mr. Goodbar (Milk chocolate with peanut bits) from Hershey's

4. Sour Patch (Various flavored jellied candy with sugar coating) Kids from Cadbury

5. Plain chocolate M&M's (Milk chocolate in a candy shell) from Mars Inc.

6. Peanut M&M's (Milk chocolate in a candy shell and peanut in the middle)from Mars Inc.

7. Jelly Belly jellybeans (Name says it all. Wink) of Jelly Belly Candy Co.

8. Marshmallow Peeps (Chick or bunny shaped sugar covered marshmallow candy) from Just Born Inc.

9. Reeses's Penut Butter Cups (Chocolate cups with peanut butter center) from Hershey's

10. Kit Kat (Chocolate covered layered wafer candy) from Hershey's

11. Hershey's Milk Chocolate Bar (Good old fashion and delicious milk chocolate) from Hershey's

12. Kisses (Tear dropped shaped milk chocolates) from Hershey's

13. Kissables (Smaller version of above but with hard candy shell) from Hershey's

14. Jolly Ranchers (Hard sugar candy with various fruit flavors) from Hershey's (I love green apple)

15. York Mint Patties (Chocolate mint patties with white mint center) from Hershey's

16. Dove's Milk Chocolate (Milk chocolate squares) from Mars Inc.

17. Twix (Milk chocolate covered wafer bars) from Mars Inc.

18. Snickers (Milk chocolate with caramel and peanut nugget center) from Mars Inc.

19. Starbursts (Chewy fruit flavored candy) from Mars Inc. (Strawberry my absolute favorite!)

20. 3 Musketeers (Light and fluffy chocolate center with chocolate outside in bar shape) from Mars Inc.

21. Skittles (Chewy fruit flavored candy with hard outer shell) from Mars Inc.

22. Red Vines (Strawberry flavored chewy rope candy) from American Licorice Company

23. Atomic Fireballs (Hard candy ball with spicy cinnamon flavor) from Ferrara Pan Candy Company

24. Tootsie Rolls (Chocolate taffy type candy in little log shape) from Tootsie Roll Industries

25. Andes Chocolate Mints (Flat pieces of chocolate covered mint candy) from Tootsie Roll Industries

26. Charms Blow Pops (Hard candy on a stick with bubble gum center) from Tootsie Roll Industries

27. Junior Mints (Little pebble sized mint candy with chocolate covering) from Tootsie Roll Industries

28. Lindor Milk Chocolate Truffles from Lindt, (Higher end milk chocolate truffle ball with milk chocolate center) never tried the other flavors yet Wink

29. LemonHead (Hard little lemon flavored candy)from Ferrara Pan

30. Pop Rocks (Small hard rock candy that fizzles in your mouth) from Kraft Foods

31. Pixy Stix (Flavored sugar tubes in skinny paper tube) from Wonka

32. Nerds (Fruit flavored mini hard candy bits) from Wonka

33. Ring Pops (Hard fruit flavored candy on a plastic ring) from The Topps Company Inc.

34. Push Pops (Same as above but in a cylinder shape and in a tube) form The Topps Company Inc.

35. Sixlets (Hard candy coated chocolate mini balls) from SweetWorks Inc.

36. Caramello (Milk chocolate with caramel center) from Hershey's

37. Cadbury Creme Eggs (Sugar creme filled chocolate egg) from Hershey's

38. Dum Dum Pops (Fruit flavored mini pops) from Spangler Candy Company

39. Chik-O-Stik (Peanut & coconut flavored brittle candy in stick form) from Atkinson Candy Company, (Any relation to Atkinson's diet products?)

40. Nestle Crunch (Chocolate bar with crunchy bits inside) from Nestle Corp

Damn, this is maybe half of the candies that I really enjoy now as an adult and from my childhood.

It's clearly obvious that through this list, it mainly consists of candy with milk chocolate, hehe. I prefer it over dark chocolate, but maybe I should give that another try as I never really enjoyed it as a child. I guess it's for more complex pallets that you usually learn to develop as an adult.

Hopefully this helps!!! This post also help bring back memories of my childhood. Very Happy

Oops, my bad, hehe forgot to list my country. I'm in the United States. Looking forward to the day I visit other countries to taste their candy delectables and maybe my list will grow much longer. Laughing
Captain Fertile
Thanks for that - I have sent you 50F$ for your kind help.

Your list was EXACTLY how I wanted it. If you want to post another list like that with your other candy likes I will pay you more Frih$ (the more the merrier).

PS Although I suspect you may be from the US or Canada could you edit your post because I couldn't spot which country you are from for sure. Thanks Smile
william
I live in the United States. (Note: I have a really hard time choosing, so this list isn't exactly in order).

1. Hershey Milk Chocolate Bar: Basically a milk chocolate candy bar.
2. Kit Kat: Wafer candy covered in Hershey Chocolate
3. Hershey Kisses: Same taste as the milk chocolate bar, but in a tear drop like shape.
4. M&M's: Milk Chocolate Pieces in a hard shell
5. Milky Way: Chocolate-malt nougat topped with caramel and covered with milk chocolate.
6.Twix: A biscuit center topped with caramel and coated in milk chocolate.
7. Mentos: Friut Candy
8. Tootsie Roll: Chewy Chocolate
9. Fruit Tootsie Roll: Same thing as the tootsie roll, only in fruit flavors.
10. Toosie Pops: A tootsie roll inside a hard fruit flavor candy.
11. Nerds: Small, hard, fruit flavored candy.
12. Pixy Stix: Powdery fruit flavored candy in a paper tube.
13. Snickers: Milk Chocolate with Caramel and Peanuts
14. Jolly Ranchers: Hard fruit flavored candy.
15. Dum Dum: Small, Fruit flavored pops
16. Dots: Fruit flavored gum drops.
17. M-azing: A milk chocolate candy bar with M&M pieces.
18. Crunch: Milk chocolate bar with crisped rice.
19. Reese's Peanut Butter Cup: Peanut butter filled chocolate cups.
20. Milk Duds: milk chocolate-covered caramel candy.

Wow, I still have many more to go. I never realized I liked/ate so many types of candy. Very Happy
xyberz
It's me again! Here goes round two of my favorites from the USA.

1. Milk Duds - (Pebble shaped milk chocolates with caramel center) from Hershey's

2. Mentos - (Both the fruit & mint flavored chewy candy in a hard candy shell) from the Perfetti Van Melle Corporation.

3. Conversation Hearts - (A chalky heart shaped candy usually only available during Valentines) from the Necco Company

4. Big League Chew Bubble Gum (Shredded pink bubble gum that resembles the chewing tobacco that baseball players used to chew in games) from Amurol Products

5. Bubble Tape - (Long continuous tape shaped bubble gum) from Hubba Bubba

6. Jujy Fruits - (Soft fruit flavored jelly candy) from Farley's & Sathers Candy Company, Inc.

7. Original Bazooka Bubble Gum - (Little bar shaped bubble gum with a temporary tattoo inside the wrapper) from Topps Inc.

8. Candy Stix (Originally Candy Cigarettes) - (Chalky sugar candy sticks in cigarette shape) made by 2 companies, Necco & World Candies

9. Chicklets Tiny Bubble Gum - (Tiny versions of the original size Chicklets in various fruit flavors) from Cadbury

10. Fruit Stripe Gum - (Fruit flavor packed zebra striped strips of bubble gum) from Farley's & Sathers Candy Company, Inc.

11. Fun Dips - (Fruit flavored sugar in a package with a hard sugar candy stick to dip with) from Wonka

12. Everlasting Gobstoppers - (Hard candy jawbreakers) from Wonka

13. Air Heads - (Chewy fruit flavored taffy candy) from Perfetti Van Melle Inc.

14. Laffy Taffy - (Chewy fruit flavored taffy candy with sugar crystal bits) from Wonka

15. Mamba - (Fruit chew candy) actually imported from Germany company August Storck KG

16. Now & Later (Harder fruit chew candy) Farley's & Sathers Candy Company, Inc.

Taking you back to your old school memories yet? LoL

17. Nik-L-Nip (Wax bottles with a fruit flavored juice) from Tootsie Roll Industries

18. Neapolitan Coconut Slices - (Coconut candy with 3 different flavored parts, strawberry, vanilla, & chocolate) from Friesinger's Candies in Ohio

19. Pez - (Hard little candy pieces that go into those wonderful and characteristic Pez holders) from Pez Candy Inc.

20. Smarties - (Disc shaped hard sugar candy) from Ce De Candy Inc.

21. Sugar Daddies Lollipops - (Caramel candy on a stick) from Tootsie Roll Industries

22. Sugar Babies - (Little bit site versions of Sugar Daddies) from Tootsie Roll Industries

23. Whatchamacallit - (Peanut-flavored crisp candy topped with a layer of caramel and dipped in milk chocolate) from Hershey's

24. Whoppers - (Chocolate covered malt balls) from Hershey's

25. Runts (Fruit shaped fruit flavored hard sugar candy) from either Wonka or the candy machines

There's many more, but these are what I can get off the top of my head at this moment. I'll be posting more as I remember them. Wink
Captain Fertile
@xyberz & william
You both should have received payment. Any problems let me know. Many Thanks for both of the superb lists.

Anyone else out there from Australia, New Zealand, The Far East, Asia in particular?

Which reminds me - is the candy the same in Australia as it is in New Zealand? What I mean is do both countries get all the same candy?
darvit
I live in the USA, but I'm originally from the Philippines... would that count as Philippines? Wink I'll be giving you descriptions of Filipino candies. Smile

1. Choc Nut. A crumbly chocolate candy bar made up of milk chocolate and peanuts. The peanuts are dissolved into the chocolate, thus giving it a nutty flavor.

2. Curly tops. Tiny cups of light milk chocolate, manufactured by Ricoa.

3. Choco Mallows. Fluffly white marshmallows on top of chocolate biscuits, covered with milk chocolate.

4. Cloud Nine. Caramel, peanuts, and nougat, covered in milk chocolate.

5. Halls. Hard candy, that comes in different flavors: mint, cherry, lime, honey-lemon, calamansi (Philippine lime), honey-mansi ("mansi" from "calamansi"), and a whole lot more.

6. Nips. Candy-coated chocolate, that looks like a thinner, relatively flatter M&M's, but tastes different.

7. White Rabbit. Soft, vanilla, taffy candy, with a very thin "paper-like" [yet edible] outer coating.

8. Orange. Orange, jelly candies covered in sugar. Shaped like orange slices.

9. Champola. Chocolate wafer sticks.

10. Bazooka. A big wad of pink bubblegum.

11. Texas. Mint-flavored bubblegum squares.

12. Frutos. Chewy, fruit candy.

13. Serg's Chocolate. Milk chocolate bar, with a very unique taste.

14. Potchi. Sugar-coated, semi-gummy, strawberry-flavored candy.

15. Flat Tops. Flat version of curly tops. [see description]

16. Candy Braces. A thin, wiry piece of hard candy that children often stick on their teeth to mimic orthodontic braces.

17. Pocky. [Imported from Japan] Very thin biscuit sticks, filled with either chocolate or strawberry inside.

18. Pintura. Colored gum balls that would leave your tongue colored [hence "pintura" which means "paint"].

Meh.. I've run out. XD

I'll continue with Western chocolates that are popular in the Philippines. Smile

19. M&M's. Candy-covered milk chocolate.

20. Gummi Bears/Worms. Jelly bear-/worm-shaped candies, sometimes covered in sugar.

Hope that helped. Smile
Captain Fertile
@darvit
Paid!

Great list, I have sent you your 20F$ plus a bonus 10$ as you supplied candy available in the Philippines, one of the countries I was having difficulties with finding candy for.

It was okay that you included candy from outside the Philippines as long as it is available there - I need to know as many candys as possible from any country as long as they are available there doesn't matter where they are made.

Great stuff, thanks.

xyberz
I have paid you plus an extra 100F$ as promised in my PM and another 50 for all your help. Applause
darrenpaul
I'm from Ireland....

Haribo Gums - Very tasty gum sweets
ColaBottles - Sucky Sweets
Twirl Bars - Tasty Chocolate bars from Cadbury
Fox's Glacier Sweets - Mints Sweets, vary tasty!
Flake Bars - Crunchy Crumbling Bar from Cadbury also
Lollipops! - Apple/Strawberry Flavour
FlipPops - like a lolly pop, only bigger - more expensive aswell
KitKats - Have a break! Nice with a cuppa tea!
Chubba Chops - Great lollipops with a great variety
Cadbury Dairy Milk - Plain and simple normal chocolate
Captain Fertile
darrenpaul wrote:
I'm from Ireland....

Aha!!! You could maybe help a little more too, I was hoping someone in Ireland would reply.

Do you in Ireland get the same candy as in the UK? Are you aware of any candy the UK has that you don't or vice versa?

PS Your Payment is sent.
darrenpaul
Captain Fertile wrote:
darrenpaul wrote:
I'm from Ireland....

Aha!!! You could maybe help a little more too, I was hoping someone in Ireland would reply.

Do you in Ireland get the same candy as in the UK? Are you aware of any candy the UK has that you don't or vice versa?

PS Your Payment is sent.

Most of the Candy we get is very similar. However in some cases, brands are repackaged and new logos are designed for the Irish Market or vica versa.

Example...

Typical packet of Crisps or Chips are you call it..

Irish Market

UK Market

frih
my favourite candy list:;

i live in india

1)Munch made by nestle
2)temptation made by cadbury
3)mango bite made by parle

regards
abhi Idea
smoke-productions
Position: 1
Name: Kit Kat
Manufacturer: Nestle
Description: It is a bar of i think four wafer sticks covered in chocolate

Position: 2
Name: Snickers
Manufacturer: Nestle i think... nt really sure
Description: its a rich bar filled wid lots of nuts and caramel all covered in chocolate

Position: 3
Name: Dairy Milk
Manufacturer: cadburrys
Description: its simple milk chocolate which is surprisingly popular

Position: 4
Name: Fruit n Nut
Manufacturer: cadburrys
Description: its milk chocolate filled with hazelnuts and raisens i think

Position: 5
Name: Mars
Manufacturer: also nestle i think
Description: thick caramel coated with chocolate

Position: 6
Name: Milky Bar
Description: its really sweet and milky white chocolate

Position: 7
Name: Toblerone (White)
Manufacturer: dont knw
Description: its the famous bar of triangular blocks of white chocolate

Position: 8
Name: Kit Kat Chunky
Description: It is a thicker version of kit kat. it used to have some nutty fillings at first but the ones available in the market now are just a thicker block of wafer covered in thicker chocolate

Position: 9
Name: 5 Star
Description: Its a relatively thin chocolate bar filled with caramel. Its a lot like mars but quite small in size

Position: 10
Name: bounty
Manufacturer: nestle
Description: its chocolate filled with crushed coconut. Its sold in a pack that looks like an ordinary bar but infact it has two small bars inside it.
smoke-productions
i'm from pakistan btw
Captain Fertile
smoke-productions wrote:
i'm from pakistan btw

Many thanks for your help.

I've just sent you 10F$ plus 5F$ bonus for making it all so clear which made my job so much easier - plus I am in rather a good mood this evening. Very Happy
Captain Fertile
Just wanted to remind people this offer is still open to anyone outside the UK.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you and handing over well deserved FriH$.

Very Happy
chrismen
US:
Recess
Zebra gum
Extra
Snikers
100 grams
Red vines
M&Ms
Gummy bears
Jolly Ranchers
cotton candy
Starbursts
hsadmin
Country - USA

1. Twix - A crunchy tasteful treat. Covered in chocolate with carmel inside.
2. Hersheys Kisses - A little pyramid shaped candy, milk chocolate.
3. M&M's - Chocolate on the inside, and a crunchy shell outside.
4. Skittles - A sweet treat. Different flavors and colors. Undescribable.
5. III Muskateers ( SP? ) - I'm not quite sure.
Captain Fertile
@chrismen & hsadmin

Donations of 10FH$ each both sent - many thanks.
Loghete
I'm from Finland:

1. Lakumix from Panda

The yummiest liquorice...

2. Dumle Snacks from Fazer

Crispy Chocolate & Caramel

3. Re-mix from Fazer

Wine gum and liquorice mix..

4. Karl Fazer Suomi from Fazer

Both milk chocolate and white chocolate in the same bar.. I've always wanted that.

5. Twix from Mars
You know what it's like...

6. Turkish Pepper from Fazer

Really hot salmiakki

7. Faarao Mix from Leaf
[img]http://www.finnishfood.net/store/images/faaraomix.bmp[/img]
Winegum and liquorice again..

8. Pantteri Duo

Fruit/Salmiakki mix..

9. Ahlgrens Bilar (Ahlgren's Cars) from Malaco/Leaf

10. Uuh.. I ran out of candy...
Captain Fertile
@Loghete

Wow some candy from Finland - plus brief description AND images too.

Ok you didn't make 10 but I don't care you went the extra mile for me there from a country I know little about (candy wise).

So I am gonna give you a bonus for finding images and brief descriptions for me of candy I don't know at all.

30FriH$ Paid

With Thanks

PS You have also introduced me to Salmiakki which is something I have never heard of before but is just the kind of thing I was hoping to uncover. Something quite unique to your part of the world - you are a STAR! Dancing
Yjaxygames
I live in the netherlands.
I added images too hope you like it.

Top 10 of my candy
1. Chocolate bars

2. Ferrero Rocher, a ball of chocolate with nuts in it or someting.

3. M&Ms

4. Wine Gums

5. lollipop
A chupa chup with cola taste is my favourite Very Happy

6. Chewing Gum
Bubblicious for the flavour, sportlife and mentos gum for the freshness Smile

7. Mars

8. Skittles, come in many tastes and I don't prefer any

9. cotton candy/ cotton floss (I found 2 terms for them, as I didn't knew the english term)
I love it, always eat them on fun fairs.

10. Well I couldn't find the exact translation but I think it's called Liquor.
There are many different kinds, they are all kinds of small candies like:

But I couldn't find more pics Sad
Well, the other kinds are mostly only black, with different shapes, like cars, coins, half moons, etc.

If you have questions ask them

Smile
Captain Fertile
I have sent you 25FriH$ for the info and pics (I have all those product pictures already because they are pretty generic but you are not to know that). It was interesting though because you are the first person to cmment from the Netherlands so that is another country to tick off the list.

Thank you.
Yjaxygames
Are you just curious that you wanna know this or are you doing some more with it?
Captain Fertile
Yjaxygames wrote:
Are you just curious that you wanna know this or are you doing some more with it?

I am very close to completing a website to run a club for international adult members to swap candy with each other cheaply and safely. The site is open to everyone but club membership is restricted to adults to protect children from certain elements on the web they might otherwise fall prey to.

Despite being based in the UK I am very keen to support the ethics laid down bu COPPA - Children's Online Privacy Protection Act
http://www.coppa.org/

Not because I have to but because I believe it is worthwhile and will show me to be a responsible club host, hopefully others will follow my lead and many more chidlren will be saved from unsavoury situations some find themselves in.

Anyway, back to the nice stuff - The site also has an extensive library of candy from around the world so members can see what candy is available and from where so they can decide which members to approach for an exchange. (there is a lot more to the club but that is the main important bit).

That is why unusual candy only available in specific countries is important, it is the kind of thing lots of members will want to try for themselves.

Aside from this widely available candy such as Kit Kats and Twix bars etc. can taste entirely different when produced in Europe than those made in, say, the Americas due to locally available produce and food laws being different. So it is still important to hear about any candy bars available in your country as well as the unique ones.

There is a lot of other stuff I don't really want to go into just yet, things that will make being a member of the club an enjoyable, rewarding and valuable experience.

Once the club opens I will be looking for visitors and members fairly quickly, initially these visitors and members will be there to check out the site, point out errors and ommisions (particularly in the club Candy Library) and even contribute items for the club. Basically they will become the bedrock of a thriving community.

I hope that clears up my strange requests for candy info.

It is an exciting time, there is still much to be done to see this dream come to fruition but we are nearing the time it all goes live.
Loghete
Captain Fertile wrote:
club membership is restricted to adults to protect children from certain elements on the web they might otherwise fall prey to.

Aww man! Then I can't join Sad
Captain Fertile
EVERYONE is welcome to join in the site and the general open fourm (I am trying to think of plenty of things for eveyone) but memberships to exchange candy and join the Members Only area of the forum will only be availble once you are old enough to have a Paypal account.

I am going to check if the minimum joining age differs from country to country and will adjust the minimun club joining age accordingly.

I still hope you will still visit the site onve it is released and consider membership once you are old enough (whatever the age).

EDIT* I have checked around and the minimum age is indeed 18 years old. How for away from that are you (if you don't mind asnwering of course)
Loghete
Captain Fertile wrote:
EVERYONE is welcome to join in the site and the general open fourm (I am trying to think of plenty of things for eveyone) but memberships to exchange candy and join the Members Only area of the forum will only be availble once you are old enough to have a Paypal account.

I am going to check if the minimum joining age differs from country to country and will adjust the minimun club joining age accordingly.

I still hope you will still visit the site onve it is released and consider membership once you are old enough (whatever the age).

EDIT* I have checked around and the minimum age is indeed 18 years old. How for away from that are you (if you don't mind asnwering of course)

Oh right, you'll need PayPal. And for PayPal. you need a credit card. And for a credir card you need to have a work...

And I'm 14.
Captain Fertile
I guess the good news is that by the time you are old enough I will be established and you will have a wealth of other members to swap candy with and all the early teething problems will be ironed out before you join. Very Happy

The point of only accepting members with an active Paypal account is more a matter of accountability rather than making charges. So members are traceable somehow if they abuse the trust created within the club.
deneb.star

1. Mi-Cho-Ko - La Pie qui Chante
Caramel bits covered with chocolate milk

2. Ferrero Rocher

3. Plain M&Ms (without the nuts inside)

4. Carambar
Caramel sticks, though now they can have many flavors, I still only like the original -caramel- ones.

5. Tic Tac - Ferrero
very small candies. fresh with many flavors. Pfff... too hard to explain :
http://www.ferrero.fr/tictac.htm

6. Tagada - Haribo
Strawberry flavor candy.

7. Ptits Ourson Guimauve - Cemoi
Marshmallow in teddy form covered with chocolate

8. Cachou LaJaunie - Cadbury
Small bits of liquorice in a yellow metal box

9. L'Ours d'Or - Haribo
Many flavors candies in small teddy forms

10. Malabar - Cadbury
Many flavors chewing gum. Great to make bubble gums Wink

By the way, you can find most of the candies available in France on this website : http://www.bonbon-foliz.com

Wink
Captain Fertile
@deneb.star
Much appreciated, my first French reply I think and it was very helpful. I have sent you 40F$ for this invaluable help.

I will check out the site you quote for the french candy, hopefully I will be able to read it somehow. Laughing

Thanks again and the 40F$ should be with you now.
Captain Fertile
Well guys I have just about added all of the candy that has been submitted so any more would be welcome.

Especially some good lists from:

Asia, Africa, Australia, New Zealand, Middle East, Far East, Eastern Europe & Russia.

Plenty of FriH$ waiting for some good lists. Especially from these areas
If at all possible please supply names, description and a picture would be great - I am willing to pay extra for these details and items from the above countries because I am having difficulty tracking candy down even when I have a name, unless is is something international like Snickers etc. (I can get pictures and info easily on these). It is the more local candies I am having trouble with.

Any questions - Let me know.

P.S. @xyberz - Any more lists from you would be welcome too. Very Happy

Any question - Let me know.
Eyvind
Here's a great one from Japan! One of my favourites!

Gaba - Mental Balance Chocolate

First, here's the Japanese website (don't skip the intro - it's cool!):

http://www.ezaki-glico.net/gaba/intro.html

And here's a good English description of the product:

http://www.japanmarketingnews.com/2006/12/japanese_chocol.html

Could be just psychosomatic but I think the stuff actually does work.

Take care,
Eyvind

*edited once to fix link*
Eyvind
A few more gems from Japan:

----------

Watering Kiss Mint

http://www.glico.co.jp/kissmint/index.htm

And for a video clip of one of their TV ads: http://www.glico.co.jp/kissmint/cm/index.htm

----------

Black Black Chewing gum

http://www.asianfoodgrocer.com/browseproducts/Lotte-Black-Black-Gum.html

----------

Pooh Biscuits

http://www.sweetintouch.com/catalog/morinaga_-_pooh_biscuits_4561044.htm

----------

Men's Pocky

http://www.alde.com/anime/pocky1.html

----------

Asse

With a nice review: http://candyaddict.com/blog/2006/01/22/review-asse-the-unfortunately-named-chocolate-candy/

----------

Bonus links:

An interesting page on "functional sweets" in Japan.

http://whatjapanthinks.com/2006/12/23/functional-sweets-main-function-is-keeping-taste-buds-occupied/

And just for fun, some funky ones listed on Engrish.com:

http://www.engrish.com/category_index.php?category=Candy

Hope this helps a bit.

Take care,
Eyvind

*edited once to fix image link*
Captain Fertile
Thanks for that I have sent you a total of 25F$ for the two posts above. I hope this is ok.

Thanks for the time spent on this on my behalf.

You are a star, this is an area of the world I need help with (like most non-Englsh speaking nations)
Eyvind
No sweat man. Glad to be of assistance. Thanks for the F$.

Take care,
Eyvind
nivinjoy
Hi i am from INDIA
My favourite candy are:
1)Dairy Milk-A superb chocolate bar from Cadbury
2)Munch-This is from the company Nestle and this has two versions like ordinary Munch and Ulta Munch.The first one has wafers covered with chocolate whereas the latter has chocolate inside the wafer
3)Five Star-This too is from Cadbury and very much chocolaty
4)Mentos-This is a mint candy La Belle (i Think)
5)Vicks-This is one of my favourite mint candy
6)Soft Spot-This is the cheapest candy available in our country.We get it just for 25ps
7)Coffee Bite-This is a chocolate candy from the company Parrys
8)Perk-This is a bar from Cadbury.And i like it too
9)Milky Bar-This is a tasty milk bar from Nestle.The taste sustains in your mouth for lot of time
10)Mango Bite-This mango candy is yet another leading product from Parrys company.The real speciality is that this has almost the same taste as real mango.
These all are my 10 favourite candies.Send me the FRIH$ that you have promised..
Captain Fertile
@nivinjoy

Many thanks - 30FriH$ sent to you. I will be adding these to my online candy Library in the next couple of days along with any other candy from the posts abover I may have overlooked.

Thanks ALL!

THE OFFER OF FriH$ has now ENDED! You are welcome to keep posting but no further payments will now be made. Very Happy
Urban
http://www.typetive.com/candyblog/category/canada/

http://www.typetive.com/candyblog/

Very good blog about candy, go take a look!
Captain Fertile
Urban wrote:
http://www.typetive.com/candyblog/category/canada/

http://www.typetive.com/candyblog/

Very good blog about candy, go take a look!

Thanks for that, I was aware of the Blog but not aware of the various national catagories eyc. great find. Very Happy