FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

In ten years

standready
I have worked as substitute teacher. As a business owner this has given the opportunity to share ideas with the students. Most of my time as been in junior high school (11-13 year old). Many times I have to fill empty time slots. Here is one question I ask the students to write a paper on.

What will you be doing in 10 years?

I ask them to include how they get there. I have received many positive responses from students. It seems no one has ever asked them. So, I ask you now.

Here are a couple more questions for you to ponder:

What would you truly regret if you do not achieve it?

What would you do if you knew you could NOT fail?
mschnell
I wish I could have seen, just five years ago, the path that's gotten me to where I am now. You could bet I would have tried to change some things:). But hey, isn't the journey the reward?
reddishblue
If I am lucky I will be a Graphic Designer, but I look forward to seeing what will happen while I journey there!
bluecradle
alot could happen in 10 years, just a year ago we moved to a different city. i guess working in a software company while maintaining a few websites, and also creating my first anime Very Happy
RhysAndrews
A girlfriend or wife - An IT Consultancy business, or just working while studying at a college. In a band, playing progressive blues (guitar).

-Rhys
Tatsumaru
Hopefully I will be a dietist, aiding athletes in their quest for succes. So, a recognized sportdietist is what I hope to be in 10 years.
Yantaal
i will be :

rich

journey:

doing nothing

regrets:

not being rich
munkey_boy
What would you truly regret if you do not achieve it? Get a good job.

Rule the world.
alkady
Funny that you ask this question, there was a similar essay to be written on my english exam, except it was more of a personal dream that one would like to achieve and coincidently a substitute was supervising that day. Could you have been that sub? lol, just kidding there.

What would you truly regret if you do not achieve it? Building one of the largest business empires of the world.
What would you do if you knew you could NOT fail? Take over the world.
meet in rio
In ten years' time I will be 29, and most likely scared stupid about turning 30. To be honest, I'll probably end up screwing around and wasting time in London during my twenties, and then realise that I actually need a career. I'd like to get into translating (preferably literature) but I'll most likely just be a secretary and go to too many parties.

It sounds silly, but I hope I've found some sort of long-term partner by the time it comes to leaving university so that we can get married when we graduate and start a family whilst we're still young; else I really can see myself just frittering away my life in the city and earning the bare minimum to allow me to keep a nice flat and go out every weekend.

What would you truly regret if you do not achieve it?

Having children. I know it doesn't sounds terribly ambitious, but I have a very strong maternal instinct and I would really be quite upset if I were unable to raise children.

Write a really damn decent book.
TheGifted
I often used to get asked that in lower school! Often they say 5 years.

In 10 years, I hope to have acheived the following:
Either go to Uni to study Law. As it seems to be quite lucrative!

Or
Set up my own advertising business and relying on a few websites for income support. I don't know why but I prefer the thought of working for myself than for anyone else. Probably because I know I will do more work for myself than anyone else, and I would enjoy what I do.

A house/long term partner would be good.
goutha
10 years...

So far! Sooo long!

I hope I'll be in good health... that's all!
rekluzz
In ten years (even one year!) I hope I'll have more time and money to devote to travelling.