FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Prince of Tennis!

BiZNatch
Tennis is the best sport out so far!

The Prince of Tennis manga is pretty good. It has an interesting storyline and I recommend this book to people that like Tennis. If you've seen the TV show already on Toonami - Cartoon Network it's a bit messed up. The voices sound weird and the emotions and reactions are a bit plain or have no expression at all. For one I think the book is better than the show so...when you ever read the book just picture/sound out the emotions differently in your head than the show when you read the text. For all you people that don't know what the Prince of Tennis is, it's about a boy named Ryoma Echizen, a 12 year old, 7th grade. Ryoma's father was one of the greatest Tennis players of all time, until during one match he injured himself, ending his career forever. His talent was passed on to his, who is determined to be the best Tennis player in the world...

So go to your local book store such as Barnes and Noble etc.. and buy the series!!
Chalchihuitlicue
Prince of Tennis is indeed awesome. I haven't read any of the manga, but I watch the Japanese version of the anime... And I force myself to watch the English version, with the hope that someday they'll bring out merchandise for PoT over here.

I never really thought I would like an anime about sports, much less one about Tennis... My friend watched it, though, because she's obsessed with the voice actor Hiyama Nobuyuki, and he did the voice of someone (about 100 episodes in, if I'm remembering right). After she watched a few of the episodes, she told me that it was awesome (which came as a great surprise to me), and I started watching it too.
Pikokola
don't mean to flam this manga, but actually I dislike this manga now

First time I read it, I was like it, but now, when it turned out to be something like... err.... Dragon ball --.-- How could play tennis using Spell, or anything simmiliar like magic, hurting other people... arghhh no thanks!!

*throw away all of the POT scanlations to the recycle bin*

emm.. one more, no cute girl there XD
Chalchihuitlicue
Pikokola wrote:
don't mean to flam this manga, but actually I dislike this manga now

First time I read it, I was like it, but now, when it turned out to be something like... err.... Dragon ball --.-- How could play tennis using Spell, or anything simmiliar like magic, hurting other people... arghhh no thanks!!

*throw away all of the POT scanlations to the recycle bin*

emm.. one more, no cute girl there XD

<.< I wouldn't exactly consider that a flame, more just stating your opinion.

Though you do have to keep the age group it was intended for in mind, as well as the fact that without all the special, impossible-in-real-life super moves, Prince of Tennis would be much less interesting.
pjkuse
It is interesting. But i didnt see any spells that can hurt other ppl though. Anyone knows where can i find the videos?
pjkuse
I have watched the semi finals and it is very nice.
Here is the link of the list of episodes.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_The_Prince_of_Tennis_episodes

I wonder how many of you have watched the finals?
pjkuse
Seems very quiet. If anyone knows where to get the vids please tell me.
crimson_aria
i've seen the movie but have never seen the anime >.<
RubySlasher
pjkuse wrote:
It is interesting. But i didnt see any spells that can hurt other ppl though.

Forget people:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aj-nfYMcJpk

TEZUKA KILLED OFF THE DINOSAURS.

It's true, this is how they really became extinct.
pjkuse
Haha... Ridiculous. How can they think of this kind of thing I dont know.
pjkuse
Where is Prince of Tennnis now? Why so quiet?
Blissgene
I only watched the movie and some episode of the comics updated from day to day online.

I would say the characters are cool. The plot is tight and exciting.

However, my fondness just always can not hold long for it. I dont know why...
pjkuse
For me its the tv. They dont show it regularly. Right now I'm just looking for a chance to buy or download.
Raivaka
I read some of the manga, and I kind of disliked it as well. xP It just bored me. Not really my genre of manga. x:
pjkuse
Never read the manga. So not sure how it goes. For the anime. I like it!
love_her_freida_pinto
lol, prince of tennis is so random. They do all these impossible shots sometimes that is so bull. But i agree, its a good anime.
Cheetah
I never understood how people could make an anime out of sports until now, when prince of Tennis showed me they could, and did it well
ovg8
Yeah, the manga is way better than the anime.
paskifire
I think fuuji syousuke or whateever his name was way too cool.
ato784
I also did not think that i would ever enjoy a show about sports, much less about tennis...

but after watching an episode i was very surprised to find that i did in fact enjoy it, although i never watched another episode...