FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Do I ask too many Questions

Possum
Hi

I have to be honest I ask way more questions than I answer. My main reason for this is I'm just learning my way round FriHost and web hosting in general.

Is my behavior OK. I will help others once I learn..
cruisearound
Im new here myself, but i always find that the only way to learn is to ask questions. Add to that the fact that the more questions you ask & gain knowledge, the more chances you have of answering other peoples questions. Im a member of a ford enthusiasts community & without the knowledge & varied answers form other members i would not know what i do now. Plus the fact that i now answer many questions to others who need help & so the knowledge is spread amongst many people who are willing to help at varied times.
So in answer to your original question my view would be to ask away but be willing to share what you learn along the way.
Davidgr1200
You learn more from answering a question than from asking one.
welshsteve
There's nothing wrong with asking questions. If you need to know something, ask the quesiton. That's what these boards are for. If you browse the boards enough, you'll find stuff you can answer, no doubt
ocalhoun
Having too many questions is great! It'll help make up for the many people here who have too many answers.
saya
No thing wrong at all with asking people ....
ITS OKEY....... Smile
standready
ocalhoun wrote:
Having too many questions is great! It'll help make up for the many people here who have too many answers.

True enough.

Someone once said "There is no such thing as stupid question". I would amend that by adding "unless it is the same question asked and answered over and over".
RANT: Are my co-workers listening?
Lessien
i often wanna ask alot of questions too. but i must admid that most of the times i don't ask them out of fear to ask stupid questions or bug them. but ya right bout the peeps here helping. i'm glad i'm on this forum, on other places they do sometimes reply in such a way that you just know that they think you should stop bugging them or get, in their eyes, a brain. ah wel. think i should start posting my next round of questions. i tend to save them till i'm absulutely certain i can't find it myself.
ps, sorry for any bad spelling, spelling checker is on strike
hunnyhiteshseth
Asking too many questions is not wrong & is infact good for your understanding. But asking obvious & stupid questions is not a good thing.

For eg. if something is written in stickies & you stil ask the same thing it is not good, it wastes others time in either replying or in locking the topic.

You should only ask questions after thorough searching.
welshsteve
standready wrote:
ocalhoun wrote:

True enough.

Someone once said "There is no such thing as stupid question". I would amend that by adding "unless it is the same question asked and answered over and over".
RANT: Are my co-workers listening?

I'm with you on that one. It annoys me so much when I spend time showing somebody something, and they keep coming back to me over and over again for the same thing.
Hunterseaker
It is okay to ask questions, as long the questions are usefull, and not to simple( I mean by that: the answer could be found by a quick search)
I also think not all questions have to be asked( In my opinion this question is not very usefull too).
A question is usefull when not only you become better after a answer tho the whole community.(like questions about html,php etc).
On the other hand, normal personal questions are fine to because they give you the feeling that the community helps you.

So just check if you're questions are usefull, if so, than it is allright to ask(and then you just have many (good) questions)....
Babsta
Lol I ask a lot of questions too.. and I'm sure the admins and the moderators here are sick of me by now cause I haven't been able to connect to my DirectAdmin and I've almost lost hope.. well let's see what happens.. Razz
riv_
Well, I haven't been around much. So I can't say if I think you personally ask too many questions, Babsta.
As for the general principle that there is no such thing as a stupid question - I think that's true to a degree. I certainly have been asking a lot of stupid newbie questions in trying to learn php Shocked
But there is such a thing as a stupid question. Questions that are asked before any attempts are made to find your own solution... these are stupid questions.
If someone posts a link to a google search, and it actually answers your question... it was probably a stupid question.
I have a friend who would be a much better friend if she felt the same way.
Evil or Very Mad
SmartIcon
What ever it be keep asking questions. Try to answer as well.
Valentine
Well, you LEARN alot by asking.....
But its also proven that you can learn loads by teaching people, not only that but it helps show you understand what your talking about.
Of course, you cant teach without knowing what your talking about, so you have to start somewhere... what bothers me is when people ask the same thing over and over...which makes me a hipocrit cause I do that with names...I'm bad with them.