FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Unable to chmod files in /public_html

mrblah
I have a couple of files that are owned by apache:apache. I was wondering if I could possibly get them owned by me so that I can read them and maybe backup them up too.

Thanks
wumingsden
mrblah wrote:
I have a couple of files that are owned by apache:apache. I was wondering if I could possibly get them owned by me so that I can read them and maybe backup them up too.

Thanks

Fix for deleting files/directories owned by apache or if you cannot do that ask for bondings to change the ownership for you in this thread.

[P.S - You should really improve on your Points Wink]
mrblah
wumingsden wrote:
mrblah wrote:

Thanks

Fix for deleting files/directories owned by apache or if you cannot do that ask for bondings to change the ownership for you in this thread.

Thanks for the quick response. I actually looked at that first and maybe I'm missing something but I'm not trying to delete the files. I just want access to view and download the files for backup.

Bondings could you help me out?

Also I am very embarrassed about my points level. I will try to work harder at it.
wumingsden
mrblah wrote:
wumingsden wrote:
mrblah wrote:

Thanks

Thanks for the quick response. I actually looked at that first and maybe I'm missing something but I'm not trying to delete the files. I just want access to view and download the files for backup.

Bondings could you help me out?

Also I am very embarrassed about my points level. I will try to work harder at it.

The fix can also be used for what your trying to do (I almost certainly think). Bondings can help you out, but it may be a while, so I recommend using the suggested fix.
mrblah
Ok that fixed it. Thanks.
wumingsden
your welcome -locked-