FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Automatic search before post feature

jylan
I have been told a couple of times to search before posting, but sometimes I just don't feel like doing it because I have got a dial-up connection and it just adds time and effort to posting.

My suggestion is, would it be possible to implement an automatic searching feature that pops up after you click the post button, does a search using words from the posting field, and lets the user decide whether or not to continue.

I know it would reduce the number of duplicate posts, but would it be possible to implement it?
reddishblue
This has been suggested before, I'm sorry but it seems you should try a little searching anyway.
jylan
Umm, what exactly did I have to search for to find the previous suggestion?

Just out of curiosity Confused
garionw
It was I who suggested it I'm not sure if we came to closure on that or not?
jylan
I certainyl hope the idea is implemented, but I am quite prepared to be disapointed. BTW, I did try searching for previous posts after reddishblue mentioned it, but I couldn't find any posts related to the idea.

I reckon a good idea would be to search Frihost through Google, as their results are always better. (obviously Razz )
zjosie729
I love this idea because I'm one who hates searching...
So now I usually just reply to posts.
garionw
jylan wrote:
I certainyl hope the idea is implemented, but I am quite prepared to be disapointed. BTW, I did try searching for previous posts after reddishblue mentioned it, but I couldn't find any posts related to the idea.

I reckon a good idea would be to search Frihost through Google, as their results are always better. (obviously Razz )

Funny that, I suggested it as well Razz