FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Need some advice from the DJs in here

trumnation
I want to start creating my own electronic music on my computer I'm big into techno and trance, so probably something like that. I was wondering what software would be the best to use and where do you guys get your samples? I could also use any advice that would be helpful. Thanks alot!
The Mitchell
Well i have a 10GB Sample collection of my own samples and sampling packs and refills etc. Line 6 are giving away free demo refills for reason atm. Generall i have always used reason for sequenced stuff although im currently moving onto native instruments battery for drums. Ableton live is good for dropping samples in real time and laying out songs. its like reason only live. You can also change filters etc in realtime. Bear in mind though mate that hooking this shit up will take some serious power. I usually have ableton live 6, NI battery and cubase all open at once although im running a dual core 1.8GHz lappy with a GB of high powered ram although thats going to 2GB soon. Your system will run stuff if its around 1.4GHz with 512Mb RAM but it wont be well. Thats the type of sytem i ran before but i run a lot of shit all the time so i need a bit of a beast pc. Then again i only got this at xmas and already its not running things as well as id like. Wavelab is your biggest friend to for cutting up breaks and beats mate.
trumnation
Thanks for the help! Yeah I have a pretty big beast of a pc, so I should be able to run all of it. I'll try getting some of this software and see what I can do with it.