FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Powerballs "Have You Got The Balls?"

marrs
My wife got a powerball for christmas and I have been mostly training with it. I have got it up to over 11,000 RPM
Would be nice to see if other people can beat me.
Remember post a photo.

Have U got the balls to challenge me?

11,563 RPM
Captain Fertile
As far as I knew a powerball was omething you put into the washing machine with your clothes.

What do yuo do with a powerball exactlty?
Drawingguy
After reading your post, I looked it up, and at first I thought that you were some sort of gambler, since the first results I got for "powerball" involved the lottery in some way. 11000 rpm just doesn't flow with the lottery, though, so I looked further, and apparantly a powerball is a "grip strengthening device." Now, how it works, I don't know. All I do know is that you have to do something with your wrist, but my knowledge ends there. If you want to say more about this powerball, and inform the uninformed, please do. I'm interested as to whether this ball is any fun.
marrs
Drawingguy wrote:
After reading your post, I looked it up, and at first I thought that you were some sort of gambler, since the first results I got for "powerball" involved the lottery in some way. 11000 rpm just doesn't flow with the lottery, though, so I looked further, and apparantly a powerball is a "grip strengthening device." Now, how it works, I don't know. All I do know is that you have to do something with your wrist, but my knowledge ends there. If you want to say more about this powerball, and inform the uninformed, please do. I'm interested as to whether this ball is any fun.

O.K. let me clean a few things up,a powerball is a gyroscope its about the size of a tennis ball,but a little heaver.You use the power of your wrist to move the ball in circles the RPM will increse the faster your turn your wrist,but also the force of the gyroscope as you get a good speed makes it hard for you to hold on to

The http://www.powerballs.com is there site which states that a lot of sports people use the powerball for training and rehabilitation.
Try it!
Captain Fertile
My brother in law suffers from Carpal Tunnel Sybdrome. Could this ball make a diffwerence to him at all?

There is a ton of them for sale on ebay, some are too expensive but others are quite reasonable IF they would be of some use.
marrs
Captain Fertile wrote:
My brother in law suffers from Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. Could this ball make a difference to him at all?

There is a ton of them for sale on ebay, some are too expensive but others are quite reasonable IF they would be of some use.

Hi Captain Fertile

Thanks for the friendly replies:)
I read a bit up about your brother in laws "Carpal Tunnel Syndrome"
The C.T.S seems to be an attack on the nervous system and I`m not really the one to say if the powerball could offer some rehabilitation benefits.

From my own personal experience just after one week of training with my powerball I really felt like the mussels in my arms and wrist had been nicely toned up,thats just from maybe 15 minutes to half an hour per day.

On their web site a lot of people from the sports direction use the powerball to train themselves,it states that:- golfers,Badminton,Soccer,Juggling,Karate,Rock Climbing,Motor Cycling,Surfing, Snowboarding....

But using the ball for rehabilitation benefits is a great idea and I am sure it would be in your case "nothing to loose" give it a go if your brother in law doesn't get on with it,you take home!Wink

I have the "Neon Red Pro" which costs 26.99 I would highly reccomend buying it NEW because if you drop them on a hard surface it can screw up the Gyroscope

Good Luck

Marrs
thealpha
power balls? really can give you power?
marrs
thealpha wrote:

Yeh sure just take a look at "Fertile" he was just a normal small time boy then SUDDENLY BAAMM!! after just one week with this magic powerball he became
"Captain Fertile!!"

Have fun

A powerball is not just for christmas
Captain Fertile
marrs wrote:
thealpha wrote:

Yeh sure just take a look at "Fertile" he was just a normal small time boy then SUDDENLY BAAMM!! after just one week with this magic powerball he became
"Captain Fertile!!"

Have fun

Laughing Yeah you can always find me alone in a darkened room playing with my balls. Embarassed
xanarulz
Captain Fertile wrote:
marrs wrote:
thealpha wrote:

"Captain Fertile!!"

Have fun

Laughing Yeah you can always find me alone in a darkened room playing with my balls. Embarassed

That was kinda gross Confused
anyway I think i will pass with the powerballs, its something i can't see my self pratically using -_-
marrs
Quote:

lol
U R funny!
My wife always puts me off just when i am coming up to a good speed and concentrating on my RPM my wife shouts out

"WANKER!"

Cos if someone walks in on you it does look like your playing with your OWN balls