FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

A Doubt Regarding Web Hosting on FriH!

iNs@nE
Just wanted to know how long does it take for the files uploaded to actively show up.....?
I put up some a few hours ago...deleted the last ones..but I still see the same page when I try and go to my domain..!!
johanfh
Normally all comes up immediately. Did you remove the placeholder and put your own index.html in place?
If you did, check whether your subdomain exists. Login to directadmin, choose domain setup. Here should your domain be listed. If not, something could be wrong.
And: make sure you put your files in the public_html folder!
JohanFH
erlendhg
That΄s funny, because it should not take any time at all.
Have you replaced your index page, and have you tried to hit the refresh button in your web browser?
pedrothelion
Yeah, it's probably a problem with your browser's cache as I don't think I've ever encountered this problem on frihost. It happens a lot when you update your pages a lot in an editor and refresh back and forth a couple of times though, though that's not frih related at all.

Probably see to it that your frih directory looks the way it's supposed to and that you overwrote (if you were going to) any pages that you uploaded new versions of.
Srs2388
Also make sure that you are uploading it to your public html folder.
Yazz
To the best of my knowledge, Frihost doesn't have any delays to show your new uploaded files. Though, a couple of days ago I had the problem of not being able to delete my files or upload new ones. It lasted for a day and a half, and it took the time to upload the files but it never showed me the confirmation screen that told me the files were uploaded, it just shot me back to my root. Anyways, if this is what's happening to you, then wait a bit and it should fix itself. If not you're either not refreshing your cache when you view your site again or something else has gone terribly terribly wrong.

Hope it helps.
Animal
This really belongs in Web Hosting Support, but as far as I can tell, your pages have uploaded correctly. It's most likely that the problems you're facing is because you computer has cached the site. Try refreshing the browser (hit F5).

If this doesn't work, it may be your ISP that's caching the page. In which case, the issue is with the ISP and not Frihost. To check if this is the case, try accessing your site with The Cloak. If this works but a refresh doesn't, it's definitely an ISP caching issue.
Scorpio
In case of Firefox( I am not sure about IE), force reload the page by hitting Ctrl+F5. This would ensure that all the images and everything else would be loaded afresh and not from cache.

If this does not work, you can try the other methods above this post
shoes22
Yes, make sure you clear the cache from BOTH your ftp client and your web browser.