FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Clive Cussler

Slayer
is there anyone who reads him?or likes him?i like his books really much.speacially i like beyaz ölüm ists white death in english i think
WickedGravity
He is actually my wife's and her mother's favorite author. They have all of his books and spends copius amounts of time reading them throughout the day.

I tried but just couldn't get into it, maybe it was just a boring book I picked to start with neh?

Well, Sahara was a good movie and they say more of his books will be movies soon, so we shall see won't we?
rip8fan1
I've read all the 'Dirk Pitt' novels, and they are good. I've not yet started on the 'Kurt Austin' series, but have them, and will get to them sometime soon.

The most interesting thing about the Dirk Pitt books, is that he (Clive Cussler) actually puts himself in the books as a 'minor' character - along the lines of Alfred Hitchcock in his own movies.
kany
WickedGravity wrote:

I tried but just couldn't get into it, maybe it was just a boring book I picked to start with neh?

Its always a hard and boring work to start a series but once you get a hold of the characters and other stuff then you start liking it and in the end you just want to read the whole series in a single go. Very Happy
Tiger
I haven't read any of his books, but I hear he's pretty good. If someone could give me any pointers and suggest which books to start with I'd appreciate it very much!

How does he compare to authors like Michael Crichton or Dan Brown? It does look like he could be an interesting read.
rip8fan1
Tiger wrote:
I haven't read any of his books, but I hear he's pretty good. If someone could give me any pointers and suggest which books to start with I'd appreciate it very much!

How does he compare to authors like Michael Crichton or Dan Brown? It does look like he could be an interesting read.

I would start here:

http://www.numa.net/clive_cussler.html

And I would start with the first book in the Dirk Pitt Series - 'The Mediterranean Caper'. It is not the best of the series, but it is one of the shortest, and will give you an idea of whether you like it or not!

Clive Cussler's Dirk Pitt is kind of like James Bond. This series features a lot of shipwrecks, and happenings out at sea, and a love of CLASSIC automobiles - you might learn about some cars you never even heard of!

I think he compares favorably with the authors you mentioned, and he has more books to offer than either of those others. I had never picked up a Clive Cussler book before last year, because I was afraid I wouldn't like it dealing so much with shipwrecks, and stuff, but a co-worker brought in the first book for me, and after reading it, I went through the entire series in about one month or so.
Vrythramax
I like his writing style very much. Well thought out and interesting storylines. I just finished another of his books "Lost City" and found it to be very entertaining. I have heard good and bad about him as a writer...I guess it all comes down to a matter of preference.
palavra
not bad

when i started to study english

i read his novels to make practice.

but he is not my favorite