FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

New to Ownership

dagurl
I have no idea what to do with my new domain and everything. I recieved it from Frihost but I have no idea on how to code and how to make the site into what I want. Can anyone help me?
saratdear
Okay, I assume you are saying that you got your subdomain. If you have Direct Admin, you have to upload the designed pages to the public_html directory. If you know nothing about designing, you could go to the Marketplace forum and request services in exchange of frih$
I know it isn't a detailed answer, I am in a bit of hurry.
SonLight
dagurl wrote:
I have no idea what to do with my new domain and everything. I recieved it from Frihost but I have no idea on how to code and how to make the site into what I want. Can anyone help me?

I'm not sure what your goals are, and what content (if any) you already have for the site. If my answer doesn't clear it up for you, feel free to ask specific questions or tell us more about what you want to put on your site.

I am assuming you have been notified that your request for hosting was accepted, and that you intend to use a name ending in frih.net for your site. You should have an email telling you how to login to DirectAdmin, and a name for your site like: [your chosen name].frih.net. I will refer to it as yours.frih.net and you can substitute the name.

To make a simple home page, you can login by going to:
www.yours.frih.net:2222/
Now choose the file manager, find the folder named public_html and click on it. You should now see a file named index.html. This file is what you now see when you go to www.yours.frih.net/ . To change it, click on edit and you will see the html coding. You can make any changes you want to it, use the preview button to see if it's ok, and when you are satisfied with it you can save it. For example, you might want to put a heading line at the top of the web page, by putting this line right after the <body> tag:
<h1>Coming soon to this site: some content!</h1>
If that line appears right after the <body> tag, it will appear on the left side of the first line of the page. If after the <center> tag instead, it will be centered on the first line of the page.

When you are ready to put more on the site, you will probably want to make the pages with an editor on your own machine. You may want to use ftp if there are a lot of pages to transfer, but for now you might want to try the upload files feature. In DirectAdmin, file manager, go to the public_html folder again, and this time click on the "upload files to current directory" button. You can click on the first "choose" button and browse for the file on your computer. Click on the "upload files" button to copy the file.

If that's not what you need to know right now or if you have more questions, feel free to tell us more and ask more questions. There are lots of people here who will be willing to help you learn html, php, or whatever else you need to build the site you want. You may be able to get some things installed or built for you for a few frih$. You can almost always get someone to tell you where to read about how to do it yourself.
polly-gone
I foyu are saying that you do not know how to code or anything you should check out w3schools.com or get a WYSIWYG editor. If you really need help making the website, I can make it for you or just help. I am a pro web designer.
BlazeDragon132
You have to request for a regular domain.
After you done that, you have to upload the web page or forum to the site.
If you have no idea how to make a website or no knowledge of HTML, download Macromedia Dreamweaver and use that to create a web page.
For the forum, there is a tutorial on the tutorials forum.