FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Rewards for new sign ups

TribalArt
Would it be possible for FriHost to come up with a reward scheme to get more people to sign up by clicking a link on a hosters website which leads them to here and they sign up.

Im kind of thinking of a Affiliate sort of service where you are paid in Points of Fri$.

I was merely thinking this because the more exposure to Google Ads, the more people there are to click them and consqently raise revenue to cover the costs.

Im not aware of any links at the moment but I'm looking around for some and I give them a post when I do.

Wht are your thoughts on this?
LukeakaDanish
This has been suggested at least 4 times before.

It's not a bad idea, but not necessary and might generate extra spam.
Animal
TribalArt wrote:
Would it be possible for FriHost to come up with a reward scheme to get more people to sign up by clicking a link on a hosters website which leads them to here and they sign up.

We don't ask users to put adverts on their sites for a very specific reason: we offer an advertising-free hosting service. We have always said that while we appreciate return links to Frihost, we don't require them. This is what makes us better than any other free hosting service out there Wink

TribalArt wrote:
Im kind of thinking of a Affiliate sort of service where you are paid in Points of Fri$.

This would be theoretically possible. You wouldn't be paid in points since this keeps you active on our forums (pretty much our only requirement), but making payments in FRIH$ would cause a lot of effort for (probably) not much return. While FRIH$ can be used for trading in the Marketplace and in your Directory Listings, they don't have any value outwith the forums. It would therefore be unlikely to generate much interest from users IMO.

TribalArt wrote:
I was merely thinking this because the more exposure to Google Ads, the more people there are to click them and consqently raise revenue to cover the costs.

You're correct - the Frihost Forum users keep your hosting free. The more users we get on the forum, the more likely we are to make enough money to cover the hosting costs. This is why it's always nice if the users add links to Frihost on their sites, but we don't require it.
TribalArt
Ah thanks for the reply though.

Was just a passing thought.