FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Shot Duck Survives 2 Days in Fla. Fridge

glenn83e
Quote:
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. - Neither gunfire nor two days in a refrigerator could slay this duck.

When the wife of the hunter who shot it opened the refrigerator door, the duck lifted its head, giving her a scare.

The man's wife "was going to check on the refrigerator because it hadn't been working right and when she opened the door, it looked up at her," said Laina Whipple, a receptionist at Killearn Animal Hospital. "She freaked out and told the daughter to take it to the hospital right then and there."

The 1-pound female ring-neck ended up at Goose Creek Wildlife Sanctuary, where it has been treated since Tuesday for wounds to its wing and leg.

Sanctuary veterinarian David Hale said it has about a 75 percent chance of survival, but probably won't ever be well enough to be released back into the wild.

He said the duck, which has a low metabolism, could have survived in a big enough refrigerator, especially if the door was opened and closed several times. And he said he understands how the hunter thought the duck was dead.

"This duck is very passive," Hale said. "It's not like trying to pick up a Muscovy at Lake Ella, where you put your life in your hands."

Comcast.net Strange News

Now I find this really funny. Most of the time you shoot the duck and boom it is dead but for it to basically look up at you while in the fridge and pretty much say "hello". Or "here is your ketchup for your food" lol. I would be shocked too. Good thing is the duck lived. Lucky Duck... no pun intended Very Happy
orno
talk about freaky eh....

"Mom, our dinner.....it's alive :O" lol
Kelvin
the world has never ceased to surprise people and it continues its tradition well. Well, at least the duck did not end up on the dinner table. Don't usually hear about poultry being placed in the refrigerator whole with feathers and all intact. I would expect it to have been 'cleaned' 1st.
maclui
I think the refrigerator was not the kind of refrigerator you have in your kitchen.
simp
Too bad it wasn't the hunter who was shot and stuffed into a refrigerator. It would be great to see how long it would take HIM to die.
nikki
I wonder if they ever got food poisoning in that house. Cause the fridge obviously was not working well.

I know I would have surely killed it had I opened the fridge and saw a two day old bird, alive!