FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Forums Glitch

garionw
I would like to point out a very big forum glitch that can make some greedy people very rich (I've quoted me this time to stop getting double points.) As you may already know, you can adjust the font size when posting a message to almost anything you want. You can even go to zero, which I've done above me. If you'll quote me or view the page source, you'll notice that this message is repeated twice, and thats because my font size is set to zero.

Anyway just though I'd let you know
- Garion

Quote:
I would like to point out a very big forum glitch that can make some greedy people very rich (I've quoted me this time to stop getting double points.) As you may already know, you can adjust the font size when posting a message to almost anything you want. You can even go to zero, which I've done above me. If you'll quote me or view the page source, you'll notice that this message is repeated twice, and thats because my font size is set to zero.

- Garion
Hogwarts
garionw wrote:

- Garion

Quote:

- Garion

You have done it twice o.0

Although, I wouldn't mind seeing an example.

I didn't know they could be size 0, but who cares? I get upwards of 3 points on most posts anyway...

Quote:

Although, I wouldn't mind seeing an example of somebody who HAS done it.

I didn't know they could be size 0, but who cares? I get upwards of 3 points on most posts anyway...
garionw
Hogwarts wrote:

Although, I wouldn't mind seeing an example.

I only found out because some forum (Forget the Game, could have been a vB board) had a news update on their site saying they had fixed it and you couldn't post secret messages any more Smile

Quote:
I only found out because some forum (Forget the Game, could have been a vB board) had a news update on their site saying they had fixed it and you couldn't post secret messages any more Smile
reddishblue
Yes but we would notice the giant spaces, and we would work it out eventually it does not seem to have happened yet

Quote:
Yes but we would notice the giant spaces, and we would work it out eventually it does not seem to have happened yet
garionw
reddishblue wrote:

I suppose you're right, but we can always disable it anyway. It would be a simple modification to the bbcode the parse all [size] tags that are below zero as 1 and all of our post's have been multiple lines - people could sneaking them in as normal line beak's and as long as they weren't quoted, they were safe

Quote:
I suppose you're right, but we can always disable it anyway. It would be a simple modification to the bbcode the parse all [size] tags that are below zero as 1 and all of our post's have been multiple lines - people could sneaking them in as normal line beak's and as long as they weren't quoted, they were safe
Hogwarts
garionw wrote:
reddishblue wrote:

Quote:

Perhaps we can make it easier on Bondings and submit it to the PHPBB peoples under the categories of "Exploits", and fix it on all of our forums at the same time. =)
Quote:
Perhaps we can make it easier on Bondings and submit it to the PHPBB peoples under the categories of "Exploits", and fix it on all of our forums at the same time. =)
garionw
Hogwarts wrote:

Good Idea, but we should file it under Frihost, so we get the credit Wink - Bonding deserves it

Edit: I've posted one here, i'll keep you updated on its status[/quote]

Quote:
Good Idea, but we should file it under Frihost, so we get the credit Wink - Bonding deserves it

Edit: I've posted one here, i'll keep you updated on its status