FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What is your Webpage editor?

Which Editor do you you use?
Dreamweaver
90%
 90%  [ 9 ]
Frontpage
10%
 10%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 10

AOP Web Development
Hello everyone i just like to conduct a software which editor do you use? Well now a days there a lot of editors that we can use in developing a website for you which do you prefer?
qscomputing
None of the above...

I use a text editor. Much better for writing both layout code and scripts (Perl in my case).
{name here}
Definately Dreamweaver. There are no substitutes in web design- not even NVU comes close to Dreamweaver when you want to make a good layout. I however more recently have been using Vim to design simple layouts.
Scorpio
I go with Macromedia Dreamweaver mostly.

Certainly the top application for editing websites.

Otherwise I do use UltraEdit
LostOverThere
qscomputing wrote:
None of the above...

I use a text editor. Much better for writing both layout code and scripts (Perl in my case).

Umm...Same, I use Wordpad.
Hogwarts
LostOverThere wrote:
qscomputing wrote:
None of the above...

Umm...Same, I use Wordpad.

I was the first person to vote dreamweaver.

Why? Because it's easier. I can write the code, validate it, and see how it looks, all in the one program.

It also numbers the lines, which means that it's easier to find the errors in my scripts.
JayBee
I have bad experience with Frontpage.
So definitely Dreamweaver to fast create beautiful pages.

I personally use modifications of vim or some other general purpose color highlighting and line numbering editor.
jrschool
I USE NAMO AND SOME PAGE I USE FP AND DREAM.. BUT I LOVE NAMO ALWAYS AND FOREVER BECAUSE IT'S VERY EASY AND MAKE WONDERFUL PAGE FOR ME AND MANY SCRIPT FOR USE IN MANY SEVERAL WANTS. Smile
AOP Web Development
JayBee wrote:

I personally use modifications of vim or some other general purpose color highlighting and line numbering editor.

I am a web developer i in designing the much friendly to use is the frontpage and besides in frontpage you can edit directly to the main site because of the tool most commonly used the frontpage extension... But i use sometimes of dreamweaver because of it's lot of features.. Dreamweaver is good for programmers coz it is easy now for them to code.
{name here}
AOP Web Development wrote:
JayBee wrote:

I am a web developer i in designing the much friendly to use is the frontpage and besides in frontpage you can edit directly to the main site because of the tool most commonly used the frontpage extension... But i use sometimes of dreamweaver because of it's lot of features.. Dreamweaver is good for programmers coz it is easy now for them to code.

You can do that in Dreamweaver - it's called the site manager.
AOP Web Development
{name here} wrote:
JayBee wrote:

Yeah i know but in still i do prefer in frontpage because it is very friendly specially in designing... if im using tables on some of my design i use frontpage.
Hogwarts
{name here} wrote:
JayBee wrote:

Yeah i know but in still i do prefer in frontpage because it is very friendly specially in designing... if im using tables on some of my design i use frontpage.

Dreamweaver is more browser compatible.

It makes cleaner HTML, which you can actually validate in the program.

The best thing that I've recently found in Dreamweaver is browser compatibility, which will go through your html and find all things that are incompatible with the browsers and versions you select. With everything I've done so far it's worked Smile
Animal
Moved to software forum.
okullar
I use both Notepad and Dreamwaver. Sometimes EditPlus2 is better to use instead of Notepad. Color are very useful to see the codes.
cheeta
None of it... I use Notepad ++
Drago
qscomputing wrote:
None of the above...

Likewise. Except the editor I use is called "EnginSite Editor for PHP"

You can find it here:

http://www.enginsite.com/php-editor.htm
AOP Web Development
well you have your own thoughts, it's just depend on where you are comfortable to use just like me, i very comfortable to frontpage but i'm sometimes using dreamweaver as well
rubbish
I like to use Macromedia Dreamweaver 8 to design the website. It is because Macromedia Dreamweaver 8 has many faction, and it can make flash botton-must install Macromedia Flash 8 Professional. It can support anoter photo design software like Adobe PhotoShop and Paint etc. What do you think about it???
parokya
I prefer to use a Notepad replacement. My website uses a CMS. What I do is to work on its CSS layout. For the content, I just paste in articles previously written with an ASCII text editor.
Daisie
I m a total beginer and I use Dreamweaver. I find it easy and userfriendly.
I m not good at coding yet, so I like when DW does all that for me.
I m in awe of ppl who use notepad and such... I wouldnt know how to beging !
Mind you I m taking a crash course on all that with modding my forum, all those codes are starting to make sens to me...