FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Research Term Paper

Billwaa
I have to do a term paper on Chiang Kai-Shek's prolicy of "Pacifying the Interior before Resisting External Aggression" during WWII and how it affect the result that Japanese invasion became successful. Do anyone have sites that I can find information about it?

I know the policy "Pacifying the Interior before Resisting External Aggression" itself came from 'The Art of War'...

*beside wikipedia, since I can't use that as one my the source.
jeromep
Hmm. Just wondering since I'm not studying anymore..

What did you mean by wikipedia is not allowed? Does that mean, that your school doesn't allow citing information from wikipedia?
tropicalfish
I think there is a good reason for Wikipedia not being allowed as a source...
My English teacher at school does not allow us to use Wikipedia.
The reason is that Wikipedia articles and information can be edited, and sometimes the moderators at Wikipedia can not check the edited information in time, therefore causing other people to potentially get inaccurate information...!! Very Happy
Billwaa
tropicalfish wrote:
I think there is a good reason for Wikipedia not being allowed as a source...
My English teacher at school does not allow us to use Wikipedia.
The reason is that Wikipedia articles and information can be edited, and sometimes the moderators at Wikipedia can not check the edited information in time, therefore causing other people to potentially get inaccurate information...!! Very Happy

yeah, even those it have the most information needed, it is not allow...
jeromep
Well, that is evolution.

Back in my time, we simply use books in the library. That was 3 years ago in my country.

Why is Wikipedia not allowed? Does that mean that any reference using the internet is disallowed?
alkady
I don't have any links, but I do have an interest in Past Wars, what I can tell you so you can get an idea is, before the Japanese Invasion, Chiang Kai Shek was trying to eradicate the newly form communist.

You'd really have to be more specific on what your paper is about because pacifying can mean many things.
Aless
Sometimes Wikipedia itself can't be cited, but it can provide inspiration and ideas of other places to look for information. The obviously candidate is the library!!
jeromep
Off topic: Are there any sites that can be used as reference?
Davidgr1200
If you Google Chiang Kai-Shek you will get over a million hits. One of the reasons for doing this sort of essay is to make you go out and check several different sources and to judge for yourself how reliable each one is. For example I would expect to see different viewpoints from a Chinese state web page and a Russian state page. Checking different viewpoints and reading between lines to try and find out what "really" happened is an ability which is very important. I'm glad that they seem to be teaching these things in schools nowadays, they didn't when I was at school. Then it was "Authority knows best".
Billwaa
google, most site are not realiable and are comments of user...

However, I did get a couple .edu site from Taiwan, so that's good. US site, totally nothing on the strategy he use, HK yes, forum user comments. China, user comment and some sources, newspaper site with links to girls gallery. I can't use that, what happen if my teacher look up my source?

Can't imagine.