FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


12 Reasons Why Gay Marriage is Wrong (Lol...)





Soulfire
12 Reasons Why Gay Marriage is Wrong
Quote tags added by Moderating Team.
Quote:

01. Homosexuality is not natural. Real Americans always reject unnatural things like eyeglasses, polyester, and birth control.

02. Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall.

03. Legalizing gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior. People may even wish to marry their pets because a dog has legal standing and can sign a marriage contract.

04. Heterosexual marriage has been around a long time and hasn't changed at all; women are still property, blacks still can't marry whites, and divorce is still illegal.

05. Straight marriage will be less meaningful if homosexual marriage were allowed; the sanctity of Britney Spears' 55-hour just-for-fun marriage would be destroyed.

06. Heterosexual marriages are valid because they produce children. Homosexual couples, infertile couples, and old people shouldn't be allowed to marry because our orphanages aren't full yet, and the world needs more children.

07. Obviously, gay parents will raise gay children, since straight parents only raise straight children.

08. Gay marriage is not supported by religion. In a theocracy like ours, the values of one religion are imposed on the entire country. That's why we have only one religion in America.

09. Children can never succeed without a male and a female role model at home. That's why we as a society expressly forbid single parents to raise children.

10. Gay marriage will change the foundation of society. Heterosexual marriage has been around for a long time, and we could never adapt to new social norms because we haven't adapted to things like cars or a longer lifespan.

11. Gay marriage should be decided by people, not the courts, because the majority-elected legislatures, not courts, have historically protected the rights of the minorities.

12. Civil unions, providing most of the same benefits as marriage with a different name are better, because a "separate but equal" institution is always constitutional. Separate schools for African-Americans worked just as well as separate marriages for gays and lesbians will.
scimitarmoon
That list always makes me smile.
achowles
That's been around for a good while. Still it's a good argument.

Well, other than the longer lifespan bit which society hasn't adapted to in the UK. Hence the pensions crisis affecting both state and private pensions along with other issues.

Society never really has been that great at adapting.
Vimor
Meh I'm great at adapting except to gays.... everytime I see 2 gays kiss I shutter......

Sry to anyone gay I'm kind of homophobic..... though I do like 2 girls kissing... lol
HoboPelican
Vimor wrote:
... everytime I see 2 gays kiss I shutter......


Every time you see two guys kissing you take their picture? Laughing

I assume you meant "shudder", but do you ever think WHY you shudder? Some might say it is because you are not comfortable with your own sexuality and you are feeling conflict because of that. Just something for you to think about Wink
Soulfire
Vimor wrote:
Meh I'm great at adapting except to gays.... everytime I see 2 gays kiss I shutter......

Sry to anyone gay I'm kind of homophobic..... though I do like 2 girls kissing... lol
So then you aren't truely a homophobe, because you'd "shutter" at two girls kissing if you were. Anyone else find this just a bit hypocritical?
spazbutt32
Simply put, this kicks ass. Satire is the most sophisticated form of comedy, next to religion.
myrevolt
I get ticked when ANY two people are kissing, but that's cause I'm jealous Wink
Nameless
The list is mildly amusing, but it does make a very good point (not that I wasn't for gay marriage beforehand anyway).
catscratches
Quote:
01. Homosexuality is not natural. Real Americans always reject unnatural things like eyeglasses, polyester, and birth control.

This argument is so ****** stupid. What the hell are you thinking with?? So you hate people with eyeglasses too?? It's not their fault, idiot! What if you found out you were gay??

Quote:
02. Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall.

AGAIN, YOU DO NOT CHOOSE TO BE GAY!!!!!!

Quote:
03. Legalizing gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior. People may even wish to marry their pets because a dog has legal standing and can sign a marriage contract.

So gays are not humans and cannot decide themselves?? That's exactly what you're saying when you make them equal to dogs.

Quote:
04. Heterosexual marriage has been around a long time and hasn't changed at all; women are still property, blacks still can't marry whites, and divorce is still illegal.

Divorce is not illegal, blacks can marry whites, and WTF are you talking about! WOMEN ARE NOT PROPERTY!!!! ****** YOU!

Quote:
05. Straight marriage will be less meaningful if homosexual marriage were allowed; the sanctity of Britney Spears' 55-hour just-for-fun marriage would be destroyed.

Why would straight marriage be less meaningful? Gays feel exactly for each other as you would do to a woman.

Quote:
06. Heterosexual marriages are valid because they produce children. Homosexual couples, infertile couples, and old people shouldn't be allowed to marry because our orphanages aren't full yet, and the world needs more children.

The world does not need more children. In fact, for the world, it would be better if all humans died. Global warming, war, animal rights. HUMANS HAS NEVER EVER DONE ANYTHING GOOD TO THE EARTH.

Quote:
07. Obviously, gay parents will raise gay children, since straight parents only raise straight children.

WTF do you get this from??? My parents are straight and I'm bi. So, your theory breaks. And where would all the gays come from. They could not exist since straights always raise straights.

Quote:
08. Gay marriage is not supported by religion. In a theocracy like ours, the values of one religion are imposed on the entire country. That's why we have only one religion in America.

****** RELIGION! Religion has never made anything good, Religion means war. religion is a lie.

Quote:
09. Children can never succeed without a male and a female role model at home. That's why we as a society expressly forbid single parents to raise children.

NOT??!!? Yeah, right, it has worked. Children with gay parents has succeeded. Screw you!

Quote:
11. Gay marriage should be decided by people, not the courts, because the majority-elected legislatures, not courts, have historically protected the rights of the minorities.

Is this an argument against?? To allow minorities. That's good.

Quote:
12. Civil unions, providing most of the same benefits as marriage with a different name are better, because a "separate but equal" institution is always constitutional. Separate schools for African-Americans worked just as well as separate marriages for gays and lesbians will.

Seperate schools for African-Americans?? Why are africans not worth as much?? They have never done you ANYTHING! ANYTHING! They can't help who their parents are! And neither can their parents help that they are africans! You are an idiot!! ****** you!


Or is this just a huge joke?? Then I can't say I find the funny part of it.
HoboPelican
catscratches wrote:
....

Or is this just a huge joke?? Then I can't say I find the funny part of it.


Uh, yeah, it is a tongue in cheek mocking of some common anti-gay rationales. I believe he was showing how silly these arguments would be in other contexts.
Chalchihuitlicue
Vimor wrote:
Meh I'm great at adapting except to gays.... everytime I see 2 gays kiss I shutter......

Sry to anyone gay I'm kind of homophobic..... though I do like 2 girls kissing... lol


Hypocritical, aren't you? I fail to see what the difference between two girls kissing and two guys kissing is.

Anyway, going back to the original post, I find that list highly amusing, and it made my day to read it! I'm glad that someone who's better with words has written something like that, so that the people who make those kinds of arguments can see just how stupid they're being.
RallyMonkey
Am I the only one that thinks the phrase "homophobic" is ridiculous?

I mean, that means you are actually in fear of homsexuals. I don't think I've ever seen someone litterally in fear of a homosexual, just based on them being a homosexual.
dz9c
Vimor wrote:
Sry to anyone gay I'm kind of homophobic..... though I do like 2 girls kissing... lol

Im right there with ya brother lol. And yea i agree religion is bad, means war. After seeing that episode of south park, and a good amount of time spent on reading
windrei
i do agree with some of the points, like if gay marriage is legalized, then the next one will be humans with animals..... obviously anything that's not correct and moral will be allowed...

personally, i am not against gay relationship. Anyone can have his own view. if he is gay, no matter is inborn or affected by others, then just let yourself be. i believe true love must have a place to survive. But as a part of the society, we also need to consider the consequences to the society. That's what i think.

aha, i like this one much : "our orphanages aren't full yet", so funny~~
Qube
I don't really find much humor in the list.
And not for the fact that I'm against homosexuality.
I am against same-sex marriages though.
Let me finish.
I am also, for that matter, against marriage altogether.
No doubt I'll get married.
But not so much as a declaration of my love as it is to satisfy my partner.
I don't see the point in marriage.
Is it just societies norms we're obeying?
Do we really gain anything out of it?
Are you actually (aside from on paper) any better a couple while married?
Alas, the world never was meant to make sense.

PS: Settle down catscratches?
Your narrow idea of humor is just as bad as the proposed "stupidity" of same-sex marriage.
Let's hope that you weren't serious in your post.
If so, then ignore this, just trying to give advice.
I for 1, find stereotypes extremely humorous.
We don't actually have to believe them though.
cruisearound
Firstly id like to point out that im not homophobic in any way (at least i dont think so), homosexuals dont bother me in any way except as someone said before i dont really want to see it thrown in my face for example, snogging the face off each other. Holding hands & just being affectionate has never really bothered me at all.
Im of the basic view that if thats how you are or want to be then fine as its not really anything to do with me at all.
Still find the headed list amusing though & as said a classic, lol.
eday2010
Vimor wrote:
Meh I'm great at adapting except to gays.... everytime I see 2 gays kiss I shutter......

Sry to anyone gay I'm kind of homophobic..... though I do like 2 girls kissing... lol


I only like two girls kissing if they are hot. Otherwise it's shutter material Very Happy
jipmerite
Quote:
Is it just societies norms we're obeying?


But what are societies norms? I think they are ever changing. It was societies norms a few decades ago to have slaves. And when the anti-slave movement got into full swing, who objected most? Yes, it was the Americans and the British who objected most. But now they claim to be the saviours of the slaves. No one mentions all the cases of british and americans who went and killed their former slaves when they tried to be free.

The same way, same sex marriage might have some amount of stigma at the moment but it might be societies norm in the future. Societies norms are not fixed and rigid.
Captain Fertile
I shudder at two men kissing because I personally dont know whay they would do that. As a heterosexual guy who is comfortable with his sexuality I find women totally beautiful, the naked female form is amazing to me but I find men too ugly - especially the naked male form - urgh!

That said, I can look at a man and comment to my wife that I can see how a woman could find him attractive and the only men I ever find mildly sexually attractive are those with overtly feminine traits and as a red blooded male I am comfortable with that, I know it doesn't mean I would want to sleep with him as man. I only find him attractive because he matches what I find attractive in a female - does this make sense, am I exlaining it well enough?

In all honesty I can't say I look at what gay people do sexually and think it is titlating or a turn on to me but that does not mean they are any less human than me, they have feelings and rights to life just like us all.

As long as they fulfill each other and make each other happy and it doesn't harm anyone else - and that they are good people, that is what is important.
godam64
i have no objection if there are two women having love but i can't accept to male. but basically i disagree with marriage of the same sex. the reason lists is so interesting. thanks Very Happy
imera
hehehe... I am open for gay marriage, always been and always will be. It' is so wrong to not allow gay marriage, they aren't hurting anyone, but that with marry your pet, that is kind of sick, there are another species, I think.
Soulfire
godam64 wrote:
i have no objection if there are two women having love but i can't accept to male. but basically i disagree with marriage of the same sex. the reason lists is so interesting. thanks Very Happy
No problem, don't you think that accepting love between two females, but not two males is hypocritical, or at the very least a double standard?

(Quietly ponders to himself why and when did he become a proponent of gay rights...*sighs*)
chastise
Wow, this is an amazing argument. I should take note of this list because almost everybody attending my school is a homophobe. I have always and still do think that when homophobes argue with supporters, they sound like idiots, and they are oblivious to it.
ReubenWilliams
its wierd, in Greek times, it was just normal, you had male friends who you fancied and you would bum them for fun also probably wrestle and tussle with them and it was considered very masculine. The best soldiers and the best atheletes were the epitome of attractiveness. The same men also mated with women. Which to me means that we who are still essentially genetically unchanged in the last 4000 years are not born with a strict sexuality either straight or gay.

The facts seem to be that the way we are raised, what we are taught to think of as normal and our experiences in society will all shape what we think of as normal and acceptable. I know some lesbians who to be frank, just didn't get on with boys that well and found comfort and solace in eachothers arms rather than learning to overcome their inhibitions about the opposite sex. This behaviour is absolutely inheritable, and mimicable. This doesn't mean that if they had children they would definatly be gay but they would almost certainly be more likely to consider it as an option. If somebody didn't ever further their career because they were scared we would on the whole not admire that person, and in fact consider them to be cowardly. Therefore I dont think we should promote this kind of behaviour with sexuality whereby gay can become an excuse for hiding away from the world of other sex partners (as in partners of the other sex) but I dont think there is anything at all wrong with gay sex.

I think for me it becomes a question of whether we can embrace homosexuality as a manifestation of our perculiarly social natures and enjoy it, which would open up a lot of people to reach new levels of intimacy with their same sex friends without damaging the essential fabric of our society.
SyNMaN
Chalchihuitlicue wrote:
Vimor wrote:
Meh I'm great at adapting except to gays.... everytime I see 2 gays kiss I shutter......

Sry to anyone gay I'm kind of homophobic..... though I do like 2 girls kissing... lol


Hypocritical, aren't you? I fail to see what the difference between two girls kissing and two guys kissing is.

Anyway, going back to the original post, I find that list highly amusing, and it made my day to read it! I'm glad that someone who's better with words has written something like that, so that the people who make those kinds of arguments can see just how stupid they're being.


the difference between two girls kissing and two guys kissing is simple. One makes you go up, the other makes you go down.
HoboPelican
SyNMaN wrote:
....
the difference between two girls kissing and two guys kissing is simple. One makes you go up, the other makes you go down.


So, does two guys kissing make you want to go up or go down?



(Who can resist a straight line like that..... Laughing)
shrinkwrap
Ah, I love that list whenever I see it.
Vrythramax
HoboPelican wrote:
Vimor wrote:
... everytime I see 2 gays kiss I shutter......


Every time you see two guys kissing you take their picture? Laughing

I assume you meant "shudder", but do you ever think WHY you shudder? Some might say it is because you are not comfortable with your own sexuality and you are feeling conflict because of that. Just something for you to think about Wink


BWAHAHAHAHA....nice brother!

I wear glasses...am I a cast out as a result??
j_f_k
LOL

of course Dad would never allow any of us Kennedy's to be gay , god forbid! Any he found out about would have been bumped off quick smart let me tell you (before his stroke, at any rate). There are none in our family that's for sure!

Seriously, I remain unconvinced by the argument that gays are gay because they are born that way. Believe its a lifestyle choice and 'born gays' are so because of various repressed feelings (fear/mistrust of the opposite sex amongst others).

Does that make a homophobe (or candidate for UKIP, BNP or other redneck party??) Still I have no problem with friends who are gay although the thought of gay men having sex and how they do it ... well lets just say I don't think of it .... YUK!
HDirtwater
Quote:
So, does two guys kissing make you want to go up or go down?


Bravo!

I also am slightly grossed out when I see two guys together, but that doesn't change the fact that they should be offered the same rights as every other human being.

The bible says lots of things that no longer make any sense. It's time we moved on from pre-historic ideas about what is right and what is wrong.
darknight985
gay = wrong

thats what ive been taught growing up and thats what i will stand by.
T3k-Ni9e
never seen this list before, but its pretty interesting
highlordadmin
I love this list... Makes more sence then .. That joke-book.. What was the name again? Oh yes, the "bible"!
noliver
highlordadmin wrote:
I love this list... Makes more sence then .. That joke-book.. What was the name again? Oh yes, the "bible"!


Okay remarks like that will not get you any friends. Let's remain respectful please.

Have a Nice Day !
m00tmuffin
Lol, funny stuff, I haven't seen that before. Made me snicker. ;p
BlazeDragon132
catscratches wrote:

AGAIN, YOU DO NOT CHOOSE TO BE GAY!!!!!!

Yes you do, many gay people have straight parents.
It doesn't have to do with genes like fat and height does.
There is a rare case that it doesn't, but there are lots of homosexuals to just be a rare case.

I don't have a problem with homosexuals, but I have to put my foot down on that phrase. Wink
Indyan
windrei wrote:
i do agree with some of the points, like if gay marriage is legalized, then the next one will be humans with animals..... obviously anything that's not correct and moral will be allowed...


Its ridiculous to compare human beings with animals. Gays are not beats, they are animals. What you are doing is a terrible discrimination, as bad as racial discrimination.

Quote:
Do we really gain anything out of it?

Its a about gaining a partner in life. Someone who is supposed to be there withyou in happy times as well as when going gets tough.

Captain Fertile wrote:
I shudder at two men kissing because I personally dont know whay they would do that.


Gay men feel the same attraction towards male, that we feel towards female.
You anwered the question yourself :
Captain Fertile wrote:
That said, I can look at a man and comment to my wife that I can see how a woman could find him attractive. As long as they fulfill each other and make each other happy and it doesn't harm anyone else - and that they are good people, that is what is important.

I will probably puke if I ever had to kiss a guy, I suppose its likewise with gay men for girls.

j_f_k wrote:
Seriously, I remain unconvinced by the argument that gays are gay because they are born that way. Believe its a lifestyle choice and 'born gays' are so because of various repressed feelings (fear/mistrust of the opposite sex amongst others).

I believe its genetic. As otherwise its hard to explain Homosexuality in animals. Are they capable of making lifestyle choices?

I read an article in KnowHow, that suggested that this is genetic. The theory was that a gene has two alleles, one form causes attraction towards males and other towards females. If the wrong form is present in the wrong sex, person become gay.
Also, if its a lifestyle choice, it doesnt explain why so many people choose to be something that is looked down upon by the society. It also makes it hard to explain why gays are afraid to come out, once having made the lifestyle decision.

BlazeDragon132 wrote:
Yes you do, many gay people have straight parents.


Many normal parents have children suffering with genetic disorders. You can be a carrier (heterozygous recessive).
Vrythramax
Boring Exclamation
HoboPelican
BlazeDragon132 wrote:
catscratches wrote:

AGAIN, YOU DO NOT CHOOSE TO BE GAY!!!!!!

Yes you do, many gay people have straight parents.
It doesn't have to do with genes like fat and height does.


Huh? You are missing the point a number of times in that short post. You need to study genetics a bit it seems. You seem to be under the impression that any trait passed on genetically has to be present in the mother and father. This is obviously not the case, but I'll let you look into it because it is so obvious.

The other thing you missed is that there are many traits and proclivities that are developed by the millions of experiences that occur as we mature. We don't choose the things that happen to us and we can't choose how they affect us. I like a certain type of woman and while I may choose to be with ladies with those attributes, I didn't choose to be attracted to those attributes.

Why is someone gay or straight? I don't know and I don't think it really matters. If two people love each other, why should anyone else care?
Dragonfly
Gay marriages ! These guys have embarrassed me alot. These days if two guys stand together and speak something there is a sense of guilty feeling because one thinks others around may think us as gay.

It will still be a hot topic though......
Divinaeon
Quote:
Seriously, I remain unconvinced by the argument that gays are gay because they are born that way. Believe its a lifestyle choice and 'born gays' are so because of various repressed feelings (fear/mistrust of the opposite sex amongst others).


That makes you ignorant. I'm gay, and I can tell you with 110% truth that not once did I ever have the luxury of sitting down and deciding whether or not I wanted to be gay. No one ever chooses a life of ridicule, a life of discrimination. Saying homosexuals had a choice of whether or not they wanted to be gay is like saying an African person has a choice of whether or not they want to be African.

That statement up there is absolutely false. 98% of my friends are female. I find myself shy in front of men, but yet I am still gay. That's definitely fear and mistrust of the opposite sex. How many gay men and women have you talked to that have told you that they "chose" to be gay? Seriously. Wake up.
Colin496
When are we going to move past this issue?!? I mean, don't the people who are against gay marriage realize that they are delaying the inevitable and wasting the time of millions of people? This issue never changes, the arguments for and against are always the same, and it is always so divisive. I wish that I never see another mention of this issue for the rest of my life; it never teaches me anything new, it only reinforces the idea that many people among us are very self-righteous and insensitive. Please come around, if not for compassion then for efficiency.

Colin
sbel
Vimor wrote:
Sry to anyone gay I'm kind of homophobic..... though I do like 2 girls kissing... lol


don't we all?
rightclickscott
darknight985 wrote:
gay = wrong

thats what ive been taught growing up and thats what i will stand by.


That's because you're an idiot and the people around you obviously had little to now tolerence.

Hey, hey hey! I've kissed a guy before. With tongue.

BTW: I'm back again, only to make jokes and not participate any real discussions, since this forum depresses me greatly, and I want to bring some cheer to this place, and show people what's what with brutal honesty.

WOOO!

But, seriously, I have lots of gay friends, they can't help their urges. That's all I have to say.
catscratches
noliver wrote:
highlordadmin wrote:
I love this list... Makes more sence then .. That joke-book.. What was the name again? Oh yes, the "bible"!


Okay remarks like that will not get you any friends. Let's remain respectful please.

Have a Nice Day !

Yes maybe Wink I am anti-religious. really really really exremely anti-religous...

BlazeDragon132 wrote:
Yes you do, many gay people have straight parents.
It doesn't have to do with genes like fat and height does.
There is a rare case that it doesn't, but there are lots of homosexuals to just be a rare case.

Ok..... I've got eating disturbances, my own choice? I'm depressed, my own fault? I'm bisexual, my own choice?
Josso
This is going vaguely off topic but I would like to get in the point that it doesn't help anyone being anti-religious. Even though there is a great metaphorical void between the two, science and religion are much the same, it's the constant "I want to beleive in something, because there's got to be a reason for everything" cravings.
catscratches
Josso wrote:
This is going vaguely off topic but I would like to get in the point that it doesn't help anyone being anti-religious. Even though there is a great metaphorical void between the two, science and religion are much the same, it's the constant "I want to beleive in something, because there's got to be a reason for everything" cravings.

No it doesn't help me, though I can't actuallt really help being it either. Religion almost makes me throw up.

And I can't get why people think gays choose to be gays. "Well, if you're blind, you've chosen to be blind. Your own fault, live with it." -.- Why are people so respectless? (I at least try, I never tell people "Your religion sucks!" or anything, unless they try to convince me it's right -- ). There's so much racism, not to mention the black-to-white racism, it's really ****** big here in Sweden. If you're swedish, you're automaticly classified as racistic and nazistic and a nerd. And you can't say black, white, immigrant or anything if you're white, then you're a racist and should go and die, but if you're black it's ok. I HATE IT! ohhh, got kind of off topic there... Anyway, it has a little bit to do with the topic at least...
missdixy
lmao.wow, this was great & refreshing to read, haha. i'm surrounded by a bunch of people i my hometown who are against marriage and sometimes i feel like the weirdo - but this eally helps bring things into perspective.
seagullspirit
I'm sure there's not a guy in the world having a thing against lesbians.. and whats up with gay marriage ? they're not a special interest group that should receive special rights, just let them lose half their stuff like everyone else !
CrimsonStrange
What's the big problem with gay marriage?

Gays have just as much right to be miserable as anybody else. Wink

(For those who take offense at everything, so they can't tell --- It's a joke, people.)

And, as always, the original satirical/humorous context of the first post gets completely lost and the conversation quickly spirals into "Is it right or wrong?". Rolling Eyes
rightclickscott
CrimsonStrange wrote:
What's the big problem with gay marriage?


Politicians need a scapegoat, and they fingered gays. Unfortunatly, it's gotten far out of hand. Republicans are so stupid.
Malchior
I'm not homophobic and I have some gay friends, but I'm TOTALLY disagree with Male to Male marriage, but I'm ok with Female to Female. When I see two males kissing(I only saw in a GIF picture), I always feel grossed out. As I said in the other thread, pretending to be not you is like defying mother nature and that's a sin.

But I really don't know why I like two girls kissing each other and I think most guys feel the same way.
Related topics
Gay Marriage
Gay Marriage
10 Reasons Why to Have a Website
Gay Marriage
Beating your kids to teach them discipline? I don't think so
Gay Marriage
Don't believe in Gay Marriage? Then Read this.
Bush wants marriage reserved for heterosexuals
Rights of the parent ~ rights of the child
10 Reasons Why You Should Leave Work at 6.00pm
Reasons why I like blogging better.
Gay marriage and the church
Coming out and the people that come with it
New Zealand legalizes Gay Marriage
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> General -> General Chat

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.