FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Best Word to choose instead of "Good"

indeedwrestling
I love to compliment my mate but I often get stuck in a pattern of saying that they look "good" or "fine". I mean it as an exemplary but it doesn't come across strong enough. Can you recommend some better words?

Splendid, Handsome, Beautiful come to mind...
spazbutt32
Splendid, marvelous, riveting, extraordinary, substantial, exemplary, fantastic, compelling, incredible are a few that come to mind.
benjmd
The following words could also be used (depending sometimes on context):

Charming, elegant, beautiful, alluring, bewitching, classy, cute, dazzling, pretty, stunning, shapely, handsome, gorgeous, awesome, adorable, magnificent, sexy, wonderful, nice, pulchritudinous (only if she/he is a writer or an english teacher Razz ), divine, captivating, fetching, tantalizing

My favorites are elegant, beautiful, stunning, and incredible. They are all very poignant and without alternative meaning. Sometimes just "wow" works too.

Also, get out of the "You look ____." sentence structure and you can go with variations like "You look so ____ that it makes me feel ____" or "I simply can't stop admiring your ____ today", etc.

Finally, rather than broad compliments like beautiful, good, and fine, switch to complimenting very specific things. If she always puts lots of effort into her hair, be sure to remark on that. Sometimes it is good to compliment the very thing someone feels insecure about. Some people hate their noses, but if you like it you might say "your nose is so cute!"
tiel_99
How about "excellent", "awesome", "amazing"?
niffer
stunning, perfect, sexy, heavenly? xD iunno
Chelissamow
You can try http://thesaurus.reference.com/ for some synonyms.

My favourites would probably be: amazing, fantastic, great, awesome, beautiful, wonderful, adorable, cute, pretty, sexy. xD
Rico
Chelissamow wrote:
You can try http://thesaurus.reference.com/ for some synonyms.

My favourites would probably be: amazing, fantastic, great, awesome, beautiful, wonderful, adorable, cute, pretty, sexy. xD

In a nutshell – I think you’ve coined all the “good” ones right here.