FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

comic making software

spike75
Hi, I am in Tokyo and want to suggest a few programs.
Deleter comicworks is available in English. It's FANTASTIC for doing screen tones and has some cool functions such as the ability to rotate the paper at an angle to suit the curve of your hand. It is by far better than buying expensive screen tones and doing it by hand.

Also DELETER have a great illustration program called CGillustrator. I find it better than photoshop and alot of manga artists use it here. Photoshop is for re-touching , CG is for dedicated illustrators.

http://www.deleter.com/

I am using a Cintiq15x, very expensive but alot cheaper here than in Australia.
I reccommend it.
Anyone need a good contact in Japan for illustration let me know ur questions...Im ur man
spike
kerryworkman
Thanks for the advice I have been looking for a good illustration program for a long time. I also have made many, many pictures by hand with screen tones. There is something to be said about doing it the old fashioned way, but it can't compare to the time you save using a computer, and you have the added benifit of easy mistake correction, and instant distribution.
silentclipper
I like usin photoshop for my needs.
carlokes
Hi there,

OMG, awesome piece of software and since my drawing ablities are very limited, it even more awesome Razz

Gonna try it as soon as exams end Smile

Stay cool !!