FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Question

Requell
I want to run a home networking and computer repair service. Something along the lines of geek squad. The charges geek squad have are a tad on the high side, but can anyone help me figure out a fair way to charge for my service?

I do everything from setting up a small network, to complex computer repair, to simple virus and spyware cleaning.

I cannot figure out exactly what I want to charge for all of this, any help would be greatly appricated.
TrueFact
You can charge it depending on time, hand work or repairing and replacement costs.

Time:
160 GB of data that has to be scanned will take really long time on low level PCs... that could charge more than installing OS on a PC (let's say Windows)

Handwork:
If you are repairing a mother board that of the SOHO level and you'll save the owner lots of money you can charg him depending on the cast you saved him. (Ex. If he buys a new MB he will pay 4X of what he will pay you to repair it)

Replacement:
Be sure that when you charge for replacement costs don't go very high. (You buy a replacement part for $10 and your hand work should be arround $20 you'll need to balance the total arround 20 to 25 USD as some people don't know the real cost of parts and won't beleave your costs and won't come again and spread the word about you Mad )