FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

TV Helicopter Pilot Saves Stranded Deer

glenn83e
Quote:
NORMAN, Okla. - The pilot of a TV news helicopter used the wind from the aircraft's rotor to push a stranded deer to safety after it lost its footing on a frozen lake and could not get up.

A small crowd had gathered to watch the deer struggling, its hooves repeatedly slipping, near the shore of Lake Thunderbird around 4 p.m. Wednesday.

With the helicopter's camera rolling, KWTV pilot Mason Dunn used the wind from the rotor to push the deer, initially sending it into a break in the ice where the animal managed to hold onto the ice with its front legs.

Dunn then lowered the helicopter and the wind sent the deer sliding on its belly across the ice until it reached shore and scampered into a nearby wooded area.

-----comcast.net strange news

To me this is cool, I would have done the same thing, if I had a helicopter that is. I feel bad for the Deer, but atleast it is safe now and is probably in its burrow. To me that was really heroic(sp?) but also dangerouse.
leaningforward
Yeah, this is a kind of neat story. I bet the pilot felt just great afterwards.

glenn83e wrote:
Quote:
NORMAN, Okla. - The pilot of a TV news helicopter used the wind from the aircraft's rotor to push a stranded deer to safety after it lost its footing on a frozen lake and could not get up.

A small crowd had gathered to watch the deer struggling, its hooves repeatedly slipping, near the shore of Lake Thunderbird around 4 p.m. Wednesday.

With the helicopter's camera rolling, KWTV pilot Mason Dunn used the wind from the rotor to push the deer, initially sending it into a break in the ice where the animal managed to hold onto the ice with its front legs.

Dunn then lowered the helicopter and the wind sent the deer sliding on its belly across the ice until it reached shore and scampered into a nearby wooded area.

-----comcast.net strange news

To me this is cool, I would have done the same thing, if I had a helicopter that is. I feel bad for the Deer, but atleast it is safe now and is probably in its burrow. To me that was really heroic(sp?) but also dangerouse.