FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Blackheads... arghhh

Teddy1
I have tried sooo many things from cosmestics from the local health and beauty store to home made remedies. They just don't seem to work. Any idea's/tips for removing them ? Thanks in advance
Babsta
I know I hate blackheads too. I don't really know any good tips tho. I've heard that if you mix yogurt and some lemon together and rub it on the blackheads and they will disapear. lol I'd recommend you drink tons of water.
That's all I've for you Smile Hope you get rid of your blackheads.
Smile Smile
Teddy1
Thanks babsta.

I heard that epsom salt and some lemon juice help too but i haven't tried that yet due to soo much failure. I have bought this blackhead clearing cleanser and it seems to be working so far. I also drink plenty of water. It's all i drink Wink. Thanks again. Also you should try that remedie you mentioned and tell me if it works Razz.
pinkpeople
hii
i had a lot of blackheads to, and i went to the farmacy. they gave me some special creme against them. it worked!! good luck
spazbutt32
Find a spray, creme or wipe containing a 2-5% salicylic acid solution. Salicylic acid is a cousin to the active ingredient in aspirin, and works by causing skin cells to fall off faster thereby reducing the incidence of pores clogging.

The blackheads should clear up within a month or two if you use a salicylic acid product- but if the concentrate is much higher than 3.5% you should probably wear sunblock when going outside to prevent hyperpigmentation.
Teddy1
pinkpeople wrote:
hii
i had a lot of blackheads to, and i went to the farmacy. they gave me some special creme against them. it worked!! good luck

What was the name of this creme?

spazbutt32 wrote:
Find a spray, creme or wipe containing a 2-5% salicylic acid solution. Salicylic acid is a cousin to the active ingredient in aspirin, and works by causing skin cells to fall off faster thereby reducing the incidence of pores clogging.

The blackheads should clear up within a month or two if you use a salicylic acid product- but if the concentrate is much higher than 3.5% you should probably wear sunblock when going outside to prevent hyperpigmentation.

Thanks for your help both of you. This salicylic acid solution, Is it possible to be bought over the counter ? instead of going to the doctors ?
lerix
Everyone hates blackheads!! Seriously, one treatment that really works is proactive! I use it it has been 3 months and blackheads are not reappearing! When I first saw the commercial on TV, I thought this treatment was completely bogus. But it did in fact turn out pretty efficient!
nikki
hi....i have oily skin and well, nothing worked for me...

then i began using avon "keep it clean" vitamin charged cleanser....
i wash my face with this alone....(for cleansing)....

and now my blackheads literally roll off....

am not sure it'll work for everyone but you can give it a shot...
Teddy1
lerix wrote:
Everyone hates blackheads!! Seriously, one treatment that really works is proactive! I use it it has been 3 months and blackheads are not reappearing! When I first saw the commercial on TV, I thought this treatment was completely bogus. But it did in fact turn out pretty efficient!

ProActive. Where could i get this treatment ?

nikki wrote:
hi....i have oily skin and well, nothing worked for me...

then i began using avon "keep it clean" vitamin charged cleanser....
i wash my face with this alone....(for cleansing)....

and now my blackheads literally roll off....

am not sure it'll work for everyone but you can give it a shot...

that's my problem i have oily skin too. The blackheads aren't big they're just on my nose and they're small but i don't like them. You can notice up close i wish i could get rid of them. I have this avon blackhead clearing cleanser. It dries out my skin though. I will try the product you specified though.

Thanks.
wumingsden
Teddy1 wrote:
lerix wrote:

ProActive. Where could i get this treatment ?

My skin isn't that bad, but it was a lot better before I started wearing makeup - the only downside to wearing it is the never ending cycle of applying it to hide it.

You can get it from http://www.proactiv.com

I have just ordered it, it cost £50.85 ($100). I think it should last around 60 days, or at least that's when the next (automatic) payment is taken out of my bank account. I don't like automatic payments that much, because I forget about them, but that's why their set to be automatic in the first place. It's possible to stop the order from being automatic, or you can increase/decrease the 60 day period if wanted, but I cannot be bothered to ring them. The site also boasts numberous extremely known celebrities about the products working for them.
One thing I don't like about the site is the is no login feature, therefore you have to use the telephone support line to change everything, including bank details (i'm gathering), regularity of supplies, etc.
If you want I'll post periodical reviews about it, to see whether it actually works, and if yes how long does it take.
lookatme
What you do is actually use original, no flavored yogurt and massage it onto your skin. You have to let it sit for about 20 minutes. Afterwards rinse it off. Now dry your face. After that, you have to use natural lemon juice and rub it onto your skin, do not remove the lemon for at least 24 hours.

The lemon juice is to make sure blackheads dont show up again. So I reccommend doing the steps I mentioned above, oftenly.

I used to have the same problem and nothing would work, until I tried that. But make sure your not allergic to lemons or anything in the yogurt
Chelissamow
UGH! I hate black heads. What I usually do is just use this Biore self-heating mask. You can probably get a pack of 8 for $8 or something at store like Walmart. Also, you can try using Pore Strips for your nose. You just stick them on your nose and peel them off after they are dry. They get rid of SOOO much dirt and blackheads. It's amazing! xD
Teddy1
Thanks for all your replies guys much appreciated. I do have this deep cleansing cleanser product called clearasil it seems to be reducing the visible look of blackheads on my nose. I don't want to pay huge amounts of cash just to rid something that isn't extremely bad. I will try the methods mentioned above thanks all for your help again much appreciated. Smile
Captain Fertile
Clearisil is about the best you are going to get without prescription.

The important part is to use it frequently and keep the worst areas clean and dry as much as possible but it sounds like ou will probably be aware of that anyway, you seem to have looked into it quite a lot.

I also found scrubs containg seeds or fragments of peach stones etc. produce a good scrubbing effect which removes the layers of dead skin on top of healthy skin which can trap oil and dirt. They make you feel so clean after using them too.

Hope this help.
xtxtx91x
Captain Fertile wrote:
Clearisil is about the best you are going to get without prescription.

yeah thats true
and most dr.s [well mine] said the best thing to do is just use soap and water
but... that sisnt work too well Mad lol
Teddy1
Thank's. Yeah clearasil seems to be doing the trick. Just taking a while. Well patience is a virtue. Smile I have an exfoliating cleanser which removes the dead skin. Only problem with that cleanser is it makes my skin terribly dry and flakes Shocked. I will see how this clearasil does. If not i will try the methods posted above. Thanks all.
Captain Fertile
If you get dry skin after using products then try using a moisturiser, it seems crazy but it will add moisture to your skin and it is good clean moisture rather than the dirty trapped oil you just removed.

It could end up like a surgical operation using one bottle of product after another but your skin will thank you for it.

Good luck, I am sure you will win this battle.
m00tmuffin
Something unrelated...but do you touch your face a lot? Or is your hair always in your face/touching your face? That might have something to do with it. The products you use on your hair might be clogging the pores on your face. Likewise...do you change your bedsheets with relative frequency? That's a big one too--if you've been using the same pillowcase for two weeks or more...time to wash that baby! Hehe. Smile
Teddy1
That wasn't so much non related. All lead to the same thing. Blackhead's My hair is fairly short not long and rarely in my face i can't stand hair in my face it just agitates me Mad hehe. I guess when i think about it i rest my head in my hands with my elbow on the desk sometimes. I change my bedsheets regularly, i'm not for one to sleep in a smelly/dirty bed. I like fresh bedding Very Happy. Again thanks all for your suggestions/help/methods much appreciated!.
lady_yavanna
this will seem like rather a dumb question, but wot exactly ARE blackheads? im pretty sure theyre wot ive got but am not sure. r they the same as pimples? i dont have them much compared 2 sum ppl, but theyre still there, and still just as annoyin Laughing

yeh, ive heard proactiv works, but like most things itll work 4 sum n not 4 others Crying or Very sad it wud b very much appreciated wumingsden if u told us how u were goin with it, tho Very Happy
docter O2
i used to have blackheads few months back and this are the precautions u should take,as rightly said precaution is better than cure.
1.use clean towel to wipe ur face-dust on towel leads to blockede of pores on skin and further blackheads.
2.wash your face as many timres as you can to keep it respirating ,it helps
3.drink lots of water- this has nothing to do with blackheads but helps your overall skin helth. Razz
Teddy1
doctor 02, actually drinking plenty water washes both the inside and outside of your body and it flushes your body. I drink plenty water anyway. Smile Probably why i don't have spots n i just have tiny little black dots on my nose Shocked.
wumingsden
lady_yavanna wrote:
yeh, ive heard proactiv works, but like most things itll work 4 sum n not 4 others Crying or Very sad it wud b very much appreciated wumingsden if u told us how u were goin with it, tho Very Happy

Erm .... ok.

So, ProActiv costs $100 and arrives automatically every 60 days (you can change this frequency via phone). At first I thought that this was too infrequent, but it's nearly a month gone by and just over half of the products have been used.
I wear make up (I'm a guy. And?) which is why my spots were getting a little worse. My spots however have never been that bad, I regard myself as pretty lucky, especially when comparing myself to peers my age.
You use the cleanser, toner, then cream every day and night. The cleanser is pretty nice, which contains tiny little grains to remove dirt. It does however make the skin rather tight, which is where the toner comes into use. Again, nice. There are two creams; one for the day and one the for night. I have a slight problem with the day creme container. Unlike the night creme, which I like, it it's bottle does not squirt the creme (this maybe because the night cream is slightly more thicker than the day cream).
The set also contains a refining mask. In the booklet that comes with the products, it states that you can leave the mask on overnight. This however seems to make my skin worse, so I tend to leave it on for up to a few hours, at the most.

One thing I would prefer is if the set contained a product similiar to that of a self-heating mask.

I have noticed a positive visual appearance of my skin, although it is not as extravagent as what ProActiv claim would happen. I have however not been using it for that long, so will carry on doing so for another month or so before beginning to question the validity of the product. At this present moment I do not think the ProActiv system is worth it's cost. Ok, the products are nice, and seem to work, but I can say the same for clearasil/Avon/Witch/Biore, etc, products. One thing I really like about the products is the box in which there contained in - it is very nice. Smile
mikekazi
This is a very good solution
kevin briggs
Blackhead Removal
Though the best way to remove blackheads is an area of contention, the most common method for getting rid of blackheads is to gently squeeze them. Removing the “stuff” inside of the blackhead helps the skin because you are relieving the pressure which causes the damage. We know it can be nearly impossible to leave a blemish alone so here are some tips for gentle blackhead removal:

Use a mild scrub or exfoliant to remove any dead cells and expose the blackhead.
Pat your face dry.
Place a slightly warm compress on your face for approximately 10-15 minutes in order to soften the blackhead, making it easier to remove.
Pat your face dry again.
Place a piece of tissue on the tip of each finger to avoid slipping, which could tear the skin and cause further damage.
Gently apply even pressure to both sides of the blackhead by pushing down, then up around the blemish. You’re trying to apply the pressure from *underneath* the blackhead.
Only attempt this once or twice. If it does not “pop”, you may bruise the skin, make the blackhead worse, and could cause scarring.

PORE STRIPS: Using pore strips to remove blackheads is not recommended for many reasons:

The warnings on the box tell you not to use them on swollen, irritated, sunburned skin; not to use them on excessively dry skin; and not to use them on any area other than the nose. Also, the warnings state that if the strip is too difficult to remove, you should add water and remove carefully.
Removing the superficial blackheads, along with some healthy skin, will only help temporarily.
Repeated use of pore strips can cause irritation and future breakouts.
The adhesive on the strips can tear or injure the skin, especially if you are using an acne medication such as those listed above, or if you naturally have thin skin due to psoriasis, rosacea, or seborrhea.
Vacuum blackhead removers and blackhead extractors are not recommended for the same reasons as the pore strips. Because blacheads are caused by excessive oil production clogging the pores, the most effective way to get rid of blackheads is to control oil on the face by using mild cleansers and by balancing your hormones.
BosLady
"Blackhead." Even the word looks ominous. They look even worse on your face. I know - I've been there. I've endured painful extractions, but they always came back. I used to console myself by believing they were meant to be there, like freckles.

When those pore strips came out, I ran out and bought half a dozen boxes. They didn't work for me either.

One remedy I've found that truly gets rid of blackheads is Differin Gel. Differin is a topical medication available by prescription from your dermatologist. Used once daily, it helps lessen oil production, keeps breakouts at bay and gets rid of those horrid little black spots. Consult your doctor to see if you're a candidate for Differin, or another prescription treatment option.
xanarulz
I can think of two solutions:

One, if your blackheads are not that deep and can be removed by strips, try getting some WARM water and apply it to the area where most of your blackheads are and this will open up your pores then apply the strip and follow the instructions on the box

If your blackheads are deep in your pores (Like mine Mad ) Get WARM water and apply to the face to open up pores, then grab a tissue are cotton ball and squeeze the blackhead out (HURTS LIKE A ********, but it works) also try not to flick off the blackhead, remember that only a small portion of it is what you see on the outside, so if you break off only the top the root is still there making your pores bigger and thus getting a bigger blackhead!

Hope this helps you get rid of them, as for preventing them try to mask more often and use those toners!
Teddy1
Thanks for your tips guys. I've managed to control them a little bit Shocked not by much, Just controlling the oily skin has helped ^_^
russel26
go to the facial care Crying or Very sad