FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Make Warnings Public

manumiglani
It seems to me that some MODS are abusing their ability to edit posts and warnings.

Why not make warnings public???

Also we can let the community decide weather the person deserves the warning or not....

Also, why not make a separate section where the post edited by mods are kept (unedited).

We can also let the community decide weather the post deserved the editing or not.

Why can't you make a rule that the mod who is so called flamed can't send the warning. Any other mod if he/she feel like can send the warning.

Why not once in an year poll for the community on who is to be made the mod and who needs to be dropped?
HDirtwater
Quote:
Also we can let the community decide weather the person deserves the warning or not....

We can also let the community decide weather the post deserved the editing or not.

It really does not matter whether the community believes a warning or edited post is deserved or not. The only opinion that matters is that of the mods and admins. This is Frihost's sandbox and we play by their rules or we go somewhere else.

Personally, I see dozens of posts a day that I feel deserve warnings, but it's not my call to make.
Bockman
You're stepping the line on this topic manumiglani. Backseat administration is as forbidden as backseat moderation.

Quote:
It seems to me that some MODS are abusing their ability to edit posts and warnings.

If you feel you have been treated unfairly, you have the option to contact one other MOD, an Admin or even Bondings. you are NOT supposed to create a topic about it.

Quote:

Because other users have nothing to do with moderation. Moderation is to be done by moderators. and we don't do our dirty laundry in public.

Quote:

No, we can't. The Frihost team decides who deserves a warning and who doesn't. Again.. Backseat Moderating is NOT ALLOWED here.

Quote:
Also, why not make a separate section where the post edited by mods are kept (unedited).

And who told you that doesn't happen?

Quote:

Again, the community has nothing to do with this.

Quote:
Why can't you make a rule that the mod who is so called flamed can't send the warning. Any other mod if he/she feel like can send the warning.

these things are discussed internaly and overseen by an admin and other mods. The moderator that issues the warning may or may not be the same , the AWIT is seen by all team members.

Quote:
Why not once in an year poll for the community on who is to be made the mod and who needs to be dropped?

Simply put? the moderators and admin's at frihost are chosen/proposed by other team members (not users) and accepted (or not) by the site owner (Bondings).

that being said, if you have anything else to discuss about this, i suggest you do it according to the rules (that would be through a pm to a moderator/admin/owner) and claim your reasons there.

-close-
Bockman
After internaly debating this (damn.. we did it again.. that backstage thing...) this topic will be unlocked for further clarification of these issues.

-unlock-
garionw
manumiglani wrote:

I think that the moderators do a fantastic job here, and there are some communities that are much worse.

Quote:

If I'm correct the Warnings are made public to the entire Moderating team and the person/s involved, so if (for instance) a moderator gave you an unfair warning, another moderator might remove it.

Quote:

Its not up to us if your signature is too big - we don't care Smile

Quote:

What Bockman said

Quote:

Thats just stupid.... We're going to create a new poll: "Should manumiglani's Post be edited or not - that is the question" for each post that needs to be edited? I don't think so - the posts here are edited for a good reason and as long as you stick to the rules you're posts will never be edited (Mine have never been)

Quote:

You shouldn't be flaming people to begin with Rolling Eyes

Quote:

No-one would ever make up their mind - you would have people from the science community suggesting people, you would have people from the mySQL community suggesting people, Bonding's inbox would be swamped with requests and who they think should go. And beside's, apart form yourself, who would you pick to be a moderator?

Basicly, if you don't like the moderating team and have issues with it - either send the moderator in question a PM or leave
saratdear
I don't think this suggestion would really do anyone any good, but I am sort of with the last suggestion you said -
Quote:

It would be interesting to see the opinions, however, the decision ofcourse lies with Bondings. I do believe that the mods here are doing a wonderful job.

As about creating a separate section about edited posts, the mods here maybe editing lots of posts here everyday even without us knowing it, so I am not very sure whether it is a very good idea.

All my opinions, of course.
HDirtwater
Quote:
Basicly, if you don't like the moderating team and have issues with it - either send the moderator in question a PM or leave

Apparently he took your advice - http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-64046.html

If the reason is the responses from this thread, then I think someone is overreacting big time. If it's something more, then so be it.
darrenpaul
Bockman wrote:
You're stepping the line on this topic manumiglani. Backseat administration is as forbidden as backseat moderation.

Quote:

If you feel you have been treated unfairly, you have the option to contact one other MOD, an Admin or even Bondings. you are NOT supposed to create a topic about it.

I contacted a moderator in relation to a query regarding one of my posts and I was morealess rudely told "I don't have to explain anything to you!"

I do believe that some moderators are too trigger happy with their powers
Dark_Tiger

Oh come off of it! Frihost moderates its community, if you don't like it, press ALT+F4, and you'll be happier. Well, the rest of us will at least. The mods don't attack random users that they just don't like, they don't ban for "being annoying" and they don't use their powers to be "funny." Moderator abuse is kept to a mininum here.

On the other hand, Frihost's mod policies aren't perfect either. The rules are either not written down, not accessable to users, are not easily found, are spread out in one of the 20+ rules stickies, consist of the words "use common sense," or some combination of the 5.The mods themselves seem rather distant, at least to me.

Is Frihost perfect? No, it isn't. Is it better than an unmodded community? Much. Do the mods engage in what I'd call power abuse on a regular basis? No. When it happens, are the mods dealt with? Dunno, but I suspect so.
welshsteve
HDirtwater wrote:
It really does not matter whether the community believes a warning or edited post is deserved or not. The only opinion that matters is that of the mods and admins. This is Frihost's sandbox and we play by their rules or we go somewhere else.

Personally, I see dozens of posts a day that I feel deserve warnings, but it's not my call to make.

I agree with this. The rules are laid out for each forum and are clearly available to read. If you don't like them, you find somewhere else. Simple as that. I have no problem with admins editing posts. It's their job to make sure people aren't breaking the rules.