FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Fake bank notes in Indian ATMs

raaeft1
In India, ATM machines of even prominent banks, both private,foreign and Government-owned, are churning out fake currency notes. However, the customer is at the receiving end as the onus faslls on him if it is later dubbed as a fake note. Embarrassing situations arise when the customer is paying some bill and the cashier puts a cross on the note and even summons the cops.
But if you go to the Bank, the authorities there assert that they never issued those fake notes and refuse to replace these with authentic notes.
The Reserve Bank of India recently issued guidelines asking banks to exercise vigilance at the time of loading of currency notes in the ATM machines and to replace the fake notes when produced by a customer but most of the bankers seem to be ignoring these guidelines . Ultimately, the hapless bank customer is the sufferer.
suntzu3500
The indian banking industry needs more regulation and enforcement of said then, to force banks to comply with the law.
coolclay
Wow, thats horrible, I have heard of it happening here in the US, but its definitely not common.
Vimor
Honestly India screwed up when they didn't stop the population growth... When that many new people are born every year there are going to be thousands and thousands of peoples trying to take advantage of them cause India is allready large enough to where I'm guessing (not 100% sure) that most kids don't have any education or much at all and when they get jobs and stuff they will get screwed over all the time.

Please note this is not any facts. It is my own opinion and I haven't actually looked up any information it's just what I know about India and its rapid growth to over 1,000,000,000 people.