FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

macbook.

Srs2388
I am thinking about buying a macbook pro...
but, macbooks are cheaper, how much faster are they?
are the regualr macbooks fast?
by fast i mean how quickly does it book and let me start doing what I need to do. Also how fast does it open apps etc.
Handyman
The macbook and macbook pro should be close in speed as far as processor. The diffrence in price is that the pro comes with a 6x dl super drive that is dvd-rw, a better bigger screen, more ram, and a better graphics card to name a few. If you are on a budget the macbook should be fine. But if you want all of the extras go for the macbook
Srs2388
Thanks, that is exactly what I wanted to know. I can't wait to get it Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
kiranaghor
Macbook Pro in my opinion has much much powerful graphics card which has its own 128 MB RAM than macbook which has Intel's gfx card that shares main RAM. So if u untend to use graphics intensive apps like 3D or want to play games then go for macbook pro. u won't regret!
mikethm
kiranaghor wrote:
Macbook Pro in my opinion has much much powerful graphics card which has its own 128 MB RAM than macbook which has Intel's gfx card that shares main RAM. So if u untend to use graphics intensive apps like 3D or want to play games then go for macbook pro. u won't regret!

Eh but if he intend to play games... shouldn't he be going for a Windows based laptop instead? Dun get me wrong, I am not against Macs. I have a Macbook. But to be honest, I use my Windows systems more... especially when it come to playing games.
teko
Quote:

Eh but if he intend to play games... shouldn't he be going for a Windows based laptop instead? Dun get me wrong, I am not against Macs. I have a Macbook. But to be honest, I use my Windows systems more... especially when it come to playing games.

you can always install bootcamp and then install windows for games as well.
mikethm
teko wrote:
Quote:

you can always install bootcamp and then install windows for games as well.

Have bootcamp gotten out of beta? Last I played with bootcamp, it was still unable to have all the drivers( an example would be FireWire which remain as a ? device in Windows environment) installed for all the devices on the MacBook. I mean I sometimes have problems installing and playing Windows games on a machine built for Windows... and thus is a little leery of doing so on a MacBook.
sush
I heard Macbooks run really hot, is that true?
mikethm
sush wrote:
I heard Macbooks run really hot, is that true?

Yes, it can get really hot... so much so that they are right to call it a MacBook rather than a Laptop... You really don't want to place it in your lap while it is in use unless you enjoy roasted pigeon.