FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

25,000 MEMBERS!

HalfBloodPrince
...of Frihost! When I posted this there are 25,005 members!!!

'Gratz to endymion, the 25,000th member of Frihost!!!!

By the way, ascii was the 25,005 member.
otiscom
Yes, good luck to everyone. Members Frihost staff ect.

Perhaps ther could be a prize for the 50,000th member?
godam64
yeah frihost become one of the best forum on the net. i hope this would never end. frihost must stay alive with millions of registered members. good luck Very Happy
pashmina
just think 25,000 members x 250 MB = 6250000 MB = 6103.5 GB
bandwidth 25000 member x 10 GB = 250000
WOW!!!
billybob
pashmina wrote:
just think 25,000 members x 250 MB = 6250000 MB = 6103.5 GB
bandwidth 25000 member x 10 GB = 250000
WOW!!!

Sorry to spoil the illusion but they are just the number of people registered on the forum not the number of people with hosting accounts im sure that number will be much less Sad

Plus there would be more than 2 servers if they were using 6TB of disk space....
darrenpaul
Have a search and see how many of them have posted. Its alot less.

Well done to Frihost all the same. Its a great achievement
ninjakannon
Sorry to ruin this a bit but FriHost has had 25,000 members before. I remember it going up to at least 26,500 but Bondings did some cleaning up and deleted lots inactive accounts to free up space and shrink the database a little bit.

But still, it's a good achievement - most forums don't get 25,000 members more than once. Wink
Bondings
Until I remove all the members with 0 posts that didn't activate their account. Will take us back to something like 22000-24000. Wink
ninjakannon
Bondings wrote:
Until I remove all the members with 0 posts that didn't activate their account. Will take us back to something like 22000-24000. Wink

Exactly, I knew there had been 25,000 members on here before. Smile
I'm suprised you get so many members who never activate their accounts.

How often do you delete the inactive users, Bondings?
Scorpio
Bondings wrote:

It may very well take the no. down to 10000 if all the inactive members are pruned out. The ones who dont post anymore at all
ninjakannon
scorpio wrote:
It may very well take the no. down to 10000 if all the inactive members are pruned out. The ones who dont post anymore at all

Thing is, with people who haven't posted for a month or so, that you can't be sure they're not going to come back. I'd hate to have my account deleted because I went on a two month holiday and didn't want to spend my time on Frihost wherever I was.
wietn
Wooew! Nice work Frihost Very Happy
This is the best host ever Laughing
Yjaxygames
And there are a lot of members that hardly post, so we don't have 25.000 ACTIVE members for a long time Cool But it would be great, 25.000 members with a website account. 25.000 posts per day XD
Jayfarer
Even when you take out the non-existant accounts, over 20k people is nothing to sneeze at. I wonder how many of them post enough to keep their account alive, though.
OutlawSpirit
22,000 members is still loads tho Laughing
murtazahh
Yeah, 25,000 members is alot, but i just know that at least 10,000 of them are here for the hosting, i signed up for the hosting, but havnt used it yet.
Peterssidan
Even if it's not 25 000 members IT is alot of members! Laughing
poiko123
That's a whole lotta bandwidth...25000 * 10GB/Month = 250 TB/Month
ninjakannon
poiko123 wrote:
That's a whole lotta bandwidth...25000 * 10GB/Month = 250 TB/Month

Remember not everyone here is hosted; and I bet not many people come close to 10GB bandwidth usage a month. I wonder whether Bondings knows and will tell us the average bandwidth usage for each month for both servers.
DynamicNames
Even though there are alot of accounts that are useless, inactive, or basically just don't count, good job to Frihost anyway.

25,000 is still alot of users, nevertheless. Good luck on Frihost getting more members.
Vrythramax
scorpio wrote:
Bondings wrote:

Man...how negative can one person be without being insulting? I think Bondings has a much better grasp of what's going on with the forums and the web servers than you even wish to consider.

Lighten up a bit...even I'm not that serious minded...and my websapce has been online for almost 10 years (10 years in March).
rafifaisal
Still it is a great feat I think to get actually 25000 people just to sign up. great work Bondings.
Hey maybe you could tell how you started this forum and when,...
I am realy interested in that.
Donutey
A lot of those people signed up and never posted... a lot like on my site... I wish I had 650 members, but most of them are spam. Still it's quite an accomplishment.
achowles
This site's more popular than I realised. It took me a while to find when I was searching for a reliable free host too. I guess that was just me.
goutha
500.000 posts

22.000 active members

500.000/22.000 = 22.72727272 post per member....

That's really a small number!!!!! Exclamation
ninjakannon
goutha wrote:
500.000 posts

22.000 active members

Haven't you been reading this topic?

Many members aren't active on the forums anymore (or never were), which brings the number of users down. Also, some member's accounts have been removed after they had made a few posts (I think) - therefore the number of posts per member rises even higher. However, there are many users - the majority - who haven't posted much at all.
bulek
Wow that's huge number for freehosting provider. Way to go Frihost you are still the best. I hope you won't cancel free webhosting in future.
goutha
ninjakannon wrote:
goutha wrote:
500.000 posts

22.000 active members

Haven't you been reading this topic?

Many members aren't active on the forums anymore (or never were), which brings the number of users down. Also, some member's accounts have been removed after they had made a few posts (I think) - therefore the number of posts per member rises even higher. However, there are many users - the majority - who haven't posted much at all.

Oooook
then as I understand there's 10 000 active members....

500.000/10.000 = 50 post per member.... and you have to take all the posts from inactive accounts... Smile

Then we're back the 30-30 posts per active member... which still a small number !!
ninjakannon
goutha wrote:

Oooook
then as I understand there's 10 000 active members....

500.000/10.000 = 50 post per member.... and you have to take all the posts from inactive accounts... Smile

Then we're back the 30-30 posts per active member... which still a small number !!

Well I suppose so, but when you look at all the new members with less than 30 posts you realise that things probably balance out. If you were to draw a line graph of the number of posts each user had you'd see a strong negative correlation (from a low number of posts to a high number of posts) and I suppose the average number of posts would naturally even out somewhere not too far above the group of posters with hardly any posts, so I would think you're pretty close there.