FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Is there any way to submit post data with php?

Dougie1
First I would like an html page which redirects to a php page which then can re submit the data to another page instantly.

I have the html page set up and can control the post data using ($_POST['whatever']);

I hope you can understand me. Thanks in advance Smile
Diablosblizz
What are you trying to do with this script, if your trying to email yourself then you can do that with html and php..
sonam
It is possible to send data to last page if this page use PHP.
On html page set form action to your PHP page. There colect your
inputs with $_GET and then redirect on last page with header function. On the last page colect with $_GET all your needs from url. Confused

Sonam
Dougie1
The page that sends the data is HTML. It submits it to a php page. I want that page to handle the data and then resubmit the data to another page without the user having to re input it.

I don't understand how you could do this with headers. Eh?

[EDIT]I see you want to have the header resubmit with the get function. I really don't want to have to do that. I really want it to be post data that it resubmits to another page.
Diablosblizz
Quote:
The page that sends the data is HTML. It submits it to a php page. I want that page to handle the data and then resubmit the data to another page without the user having to re input it.

Another question, why do you want to (after the user has submitted) redirect to another page? Why not just have the php on the same page as the redirect.

Also, if you want to have the stuff shown, then just use the variable you assigned for the post. Example:

Code:

<?php
$get = $_POST['get'];

echo "$get";
?>
sonam
Quote:
The page that sends the data is HTML.

In that case I am not sure how PHP can help you. Maybe JavaScript can do it but this is not my language Embarassed .
Sonam
Maxus
You can do it with php curl, just search the web, I use curl to submit some form that arent mine.
Dougie1
sonam wrote:
Quote:
The page that sends the data is HTML.

In that case I am not sure how PHP can help you. Maybe JavaScript can do it but this is not my language Embarassed .
Sonam

I don't see why this would affect it. I can use a php page to submit the post data to another php page if that would help but I still need that page to then resubmit it to another page.

Maxus wrote:
You can do it with php curl, just search the web, I use curl to submit some form that arent mine.

I use free hosting so I cannot install curl unfortunately.
sonam
Quote:
I don't see why this would affect it. I can use a php page to submit the post data to another php page if that would help but I still need that page to then resubmit it to another page.

It is easy to send data from html to php and then to next php. But I don't know how send data from html to php and then to html. How to collect data on third page without script. Rolling Eyes

Sonam
Maxus
sonam wrote:

. But I don't know how send data from html to php and then to html. How to collect data on third page without script. Rolling Eyes
Sonam

forms and:

$_GET or $_POST?
I prefer using post
sonam
Quote:
forms and:

$_GET or $_POST?
I prefer using post

This always working in corelation with some script CGI, Java, JavaScript, PHP, etc. How you can send and get some data without script??? Can you post some data on plain HTML page withou using any script language?

Sonam
Maxus
sonam wrote:
Quote:
forms and:

$_GET or $_POST?
I prefer using post

This always working in corelation with some script CGI, Java, JavaScript, PHP, etc. How you can send and get some data without script??? Can you post some data on plain HTML page withou using any script language?

Sonam

No
HTML is static, for dynamic pages you'll need to use a scripting language