FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

webdesign help

hazy2k7
I have just started doing webdesign and im looking for a site that has a tutorial for creating a website for selling things with the items in a database.

Any help would be great thanks guys
jylan
For learning about databases I recommend getting a book (or two), about PHP and MySQL. Although http://www.w3schools.com has good tutorials on learning new languages, although sometimes they can be a little vague on some points.
I hope that helps.
the6thfactor
Or, if you don't actually want to code it your self, it sounds to me like all you need is a shopping cart.

Just type in a search for 'shopping cart' on Google, theres plenty available Wink
aningbo
you will get free shopping carts at hotscripts.com or pscode.com

try searching for it at google too.

remember to go for a highly recomended cart, u need HIGH security. SPAMMERS are always one step ahead.
rein
There are a lot of different programs on the internet, specificaly written for online selling purposes.
Try searching for 'shopping cart software free' in Google.
Compare a few, testrun one and then install it on your website.

Good luck!
Bengt
If you are new to webdesign, I suggest you use an online premade script to make your shop Very Happy
achene
Yes. It is not easy to code such things from scratch - especially not if you are a beginner. If you are going to learn PHP and MySQL i woul suggest starting somewhere else. It might be a little too difficult to make a shoppingcart script at this moment.
illegalhost
Hi, i think that you need to check out Tucows.com or Download.com to find out if they have free shopping carts softwares there. Normally these two sites are VERY helpful for these stuff.

Also please do note that PayPal account is usually necessary for your shopping cart. So please do check if these softwares support PayPal and if they do, you need to check what are the charges in your country for transactions. Shopping carts transactions is not easy, but if you are determined to get them, then most likely you could find them quite easy to get.

As for databases, these should be easy to design, you need to know what are the details for your products i guess. Give some options (such as various colours to an item) to the users and they would appreciate it. Most importantly, sizes and dimensions (either in cm or in inches) would be helpful for the shopper.