FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Vote for the best traffic ticket photo edit! VOTING CLOSED






Which of these did the best (DO NOT VOTE WITHOUT VIEWING THEM ALL)
Eyvind
24%
 24%  [ 8 ]
Captain Fertile
30%
 30%  [ 10 ]
Star Wars Fanatic
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Montressor
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
alalex
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
alissavb
33%
 33%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 33

ocalhoun
@ mods: I'm not entirely sure this topic can belong in general chat, but I'd like the extra attention that comes from it being in a busier forum. Feel free to move it to a more apropriate place, if you think that is needed, and I will post new polls in the section you move it to from now on.
Eyvind wrote:

Captain Fertile wrote:

Star Wars Fanatic wrote:

Montressor wrote:

alalex wrote:

alissavb wrote:



The original image:



To find the next contest or to view the hall of fame, go to the photoshop frihost HQ
R2.DETARD
Only the 1st one was vaguely funny.
ocalhoun
^The last one still makes me smile when I look at it...
Nearly all of them make an attempt at humor, though I, personally, don't think all of them hilarious.
LukeakaDanish
Haha...I loved the last one:


Seriously...nothing is more funny than that... Mr. Green

Second best + my vote is alissavb's version.
nilsmo
A good waste of 10 seconds. That is all I have to say... Oh, the last one rocks.
Daisie
You are a bit harsh guys, at least they have made the effort of producing something.
I think everyone did a good job and I had a wee giggle.
alissavb
LukeakaDanish wrote:
Second best + my vote is alissavb's version.


Thank you! Very Happy
yy1124
I vote for the first...
Star Wars fan here Smile
OutlawSpirit
voted terminator... cos he looks funny on that small motorcycle Laughing
Nameless
None of them were really clever or funny at all... Confused
ninjakannon
Nameless wrote:
None of them were really clever or funny at all... Confused

Most of them aren't that good, but alissavb's is quite good. Captain Fertile's is my second favorite, though.
duckling
last one is the best Very Happy

Stewie Griffin rulez Razz
Captain Fertile
Nameless wrote:
None of them were really clever or funny at all... Confused


So where is your entry which would teach us what we should be aiming for?
ninjakannon
Captain Fertile wrote:
Nameless wrote:
None of them were really clever or funny at all... Confused


So where is your entry which would teach us what we should be aiming for?

Ahem... Just because he doesn't think any of them were very funny doesn't mean that he can do any better himself. Your point is that it's harder than it looks to create a clever/funny image out of such a plain one, and I can understand that. But you must admit that the pictures weren't that funny, really.

To be fair, I thought that some of the ideas were quite clever (yours included, Captain Fertile) - although not too funny as it turned out. Anyhow, I've just realised that they don't actually have to be funny! The winner of the contest should be the person who has made the best edit of the picture; although it would be better if it was funny too. Razz
Captain Fertile
ninjakannon wrote:
Captain Fertile wrote:
Nameless wrote:
None of them were really clever or funny at all... Confused


So where is your entry which would teach us what we should be aiming for?

Ahem... Just because he doesn't think any of them were very funny doesn't mean that he can do any better himself. Your point is that it's harder than it looks to create a clever/funny image out of such a plain one, and I can understand that. But you must admit that the pictures weren't that funny, really.

To be fair, I thought that some of the ideas were quite clever (yours included, Captain Fertile) - although not too funny as it turned out. Anyhow, I've just realised that they don't actually have to be funny! The winner of the contest should be the person who has made the best edit of the picture; although it would be better if it was funny too. Razz


Exactly! You made your point and then validated your point with reason.

The pictures don't have to be funny but it is easier to make a picture people will appreciate more if they smile, unless you try to explain all the processes involved in creating your picture.

Maybe t would be better to tell people you didn't get the humour but appreciate what went into creating the picture. Unless it is simply a cut and paste job there is generally a bit of work involved.

Its very tiresome for people just to label the work as no good when the have no ability to do it themselves and leave it at that.

I don't like a lot of what people call art these days but I appreciate they are doing something I couldn't do or something that takes effort.

To complain takes no real effort if you don't explain your reasoning.

BUT everyone is entitled to their oppinon. I would never say namless has no right to an oppinion, I would always choose to word my oppinion thoughtfully and respectfully though.

I'm going to leave this subject allone from now on because it is getting slightly off topic.
ninjakannon
Well put, Captain Fertile. I agree with everything you've said there! I know this isn't much of a response but I have nothing else to add really, and I thought that it would only be polite to reply.

It's really close now, either you or alissavb will be the winner. *tense moment*
skygaia
Hm....... well....
The first one makes me smile when I look at it...
jds10912
i say alissavb, but Eyvind and Captain Fertile's were very good as well

actually, they all were pretty good
hunnyhiteshseth
I vote for Montressor.
Captain Fertile
When does the voting close on this?
alissavb
Wow, thanks to everyone who voted for me! Smile
ocalhoun
Captain Fertile wrote:
When does the voting close on this?

Either now, or a couple days ago, depending on weather I remembered to set a poll duration. In any case, alissavb seems to have won, if just barely. Congratulations! I'll add your picture to the hall of fame presently.

The next contest will not start 'till Tuesday, January 6th, because of a special request, and the fact that I'd rather contests begin and end on Tuesdays (because I'm normally online that day of the week.)
Captain Fertile
Well done to alissavb for winning the competition. You entry was very good and a deserving winner - Good job! Smile
Related topics
Not Voting is Reasonable for People Who Want Freedom
Best Traffic Tips
Vote for the best Gandalf photo edit!
Vote for the best Astronaut photo edit!
Photoshop Traffic Ticket Contest (contest finished)(round 4)
Vote for the best Romeo photo edit!
Vote for the best flume photo edit [voting closed]
Vote for the best wal-mart photo edit (8 entries!)
Vote for the best Martin photo edit (4 entries)(closed)
Vote for the best General Lee photo edit (4 entries)(closed)
Vote for the best Air France Photo Edit (6 entries)
Vote for the best Superman photo edit. (3)
Search Engine Traffic - Is it the best traffic?
Things only a Republican could believe
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> General -> General Chat

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.