FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

getting around DRM

lastelement0
i have a bunch of songs that i purchased from an online store. im trying to put them on my creative mp3 player. however the DRM on the tracks is preventing me from doing so. is there a way i can get around the DRM so i can put them on my player?
nilsmo
Are you able to burn them into a CD? If yes, you can burn them and then rip them from the CD (using different software of course) to hopefully strip them of their DRM.
Srs2388
convert it to a different format, then back to the original
that also works
corey
This might be a bit of "too little, too late", but it might be a good idea to not buy from that store any more. There are other places you can get the same songs. if you do, be sure to send a nice, concise, email, explaining that you weren't going to use their store any longer as its songs were defective, in that they wouldn't properly play on your player. You don't have to mention DRM. In fact, all the better if you don't, as they may believe that they've alienated one of the unknowing masses, who they want to cater to. You never know. You may change the world with an email.
tony
foobar will let you convert from drm wma to non-drm mp3 and its a free largely-OS program. also supports batch converting so you can take a bunch of wmas and convert them all to mp3 with 1 click.
theevildonkey
Wow! Do people still pay for music? That's really weird...

Another method is to just play the song on your computer and use a sound recording program to record it while it's playing.

Analog is good sometimes Razz