FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What is a good progam to make web layouts?

Runescapetown
Ive been looking around at some programs which you can make layouts and stuff but most of them seem to complicated.

I use Jasc Paint Shop Pro 9

But it isnt very good it only has some tools that accutaly do anything.

If you got any good program what can make layouts pictures and stuff like that please post the name so i can get it.

Thanks Very Happy
TDesign
i use Adobe Photoshop 7. Its a little complicated but it ok
sevedrihan
I use Photoshop CS2 and Dreamweaver, which usually works out pretty well. Might be best to learn how to use the slice tool if you give it a go though. There should be some basic guides out there somewhere, although I can't really point you in any particular direction...
vixenk
Some free alternatives would be Paint.net and the Gimp, although I wouldn't say they compare to the likes of Photoshop. Smile
vinx_18
When I do web designing and development I usually different tools..
These are the following softwares I use:

Adobe Photoshop
Adobe ImageReady
Gimp
Dreamweaver
welshsteve
I generally just use TopStyle Lite for my CSS sheets, and Notepad2 for my pages (html, php etc)

As for layouts, I believe HTMLKit has an add-on that will create a layout from a drawing you do on a grid.

You could also use this online tool - http://www.csscreator.com/version2/pagelayout.php
JJGY
I actually got my school to purchase licenses for dreamweaver and photoshop for me. That's really the way to go if you have the time and money to become effective with them.
pashmina
vinx_18 wrote:
When I do web designing and development I usually different tools..
These are the following softwares I use:

Adobe Photoshop
Adobe ImageReady
Gimp
Dreamweaver

I use the same list too, but also have frontpage in my list
greatindiangenius
Dreamweaver 8
hfourxzeror
I use Dreamweaver and sometimes Frontpage...
ravi_9793
dreamweaver and photoshop are best option.But you may try corel draw.And macromedia flashMX for flash related layout. Smile
Runescapetown
Ok, I got PhotoShop CS

Thanks for the Infomation, this program is good wehn you learn to make stuff you want Very Happy

Thanks
ahamed
My choice always goes to dreamweavwe ... out-standing for web designing ..
ashen
I usually use a combination of Adobe Photoshop CS and Dreameaver MX. Sometimes I use FrontPage and Notepad to edit the files.
Alias
Hi! Whenever I design a website layout I always use and recommend Adobe Photoshop and Macromedia Dreamweaver.

Combining this two amazing software can create a really cool and complex website design. Smile
NEurodrOne
Well, as a beginner i had started Layout designing based on the wireframes of Adobe Photoshop/Imageready and Macromedia Dreamweaver, and the supplementary support of www.pixel2life.com tutorials.

And as strange and pityful as it may seem, even after 3 years of regular developments in my website-creation related activities i still have stuck like a parasite to these softwares. They have always given me max throughput in min time. Just my $ 0.02. Wink
mynameis
Its much, much, much better saving up that bit extra and buying Photoshop Cs2

I use Photoshop Cs2, PS ImageReady for animation Gif's, and for HTML/CSS i use FrontPage it really dosen't matter what HTML editor you use, you can simply use notepad if you want.

altough u'd probaly want to use somthing that lays it out better programs like Dream Weaver are expensive and for just simple CSS are pointless.

Photoshop does anything you want it even generates image code for you in seconds and you don't even have to do each image seperatly..
roninmedia
Photoshop CS2, Imageready, notepad.

CS2 is worth it. Got it from my uncle. Free software rules. Smile
mensun
Photoshop is cool for web layouts and dreamwaver for css and flash with it can really make good sites.
harrypotterrpg
Runescapetown wrote:
Ive been looking around at some programs which you can make layouts and stuff but most of them seem to complicated.

I use Jasc Paint Shop Pro 9

But it isnt very good it only has some tools that accutaly do anything.

If you got any good program what can make layouts pictures and stuff like that please post the name so i can get it.

Thanks Very Happy

well, it really depend at how experienced you are. You could use Photoshop to make the images and buttons and stuff, then make a layout for the deign on dreamweaver and then intergrate your images into it. It looks really cool. Of course there are many website builders out there where you just select the settings and away you go. What do you want. Its all to do with personal taste.
darvit
I use Photoshop CS2 and Notepad. Smile
It's a very effective combination--for me, at least. Wink
lukeropro
There are may threads like this one. Do some searching before posting.
floriansimon
I use Photoshop 7.0 and Dreamweaver, but for some effects I use GIMP, Picassa, or NERO PhotoSnap.
sometimes I use Frontpage, but it is badly arranged, i think...
TribalArt
I was wondering where I can get a Dreamweaver free version if possible? Perhaps a trial as everyone seems to say that they are good..

Thanks
Seiji
Adobe and Dreamweaver are probably your best bet. If you know CSS it would be a lot easier for you.
tony
i use pico to write my css stylesheets haha.

free, os, and as lightweight as it comes.
cheeta
regarding lay out i use Photo Shop as the graphic editor... other than that, NotePad++ as the Text editor Very Happy
oxwood
I use Adobe Photoshop an Gimp. I think they are best programs to make layouts Razz
jojo93
I use paint and photoshop 5 .