FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Anyone DJ here?

Jaan
Hey guys... just wondering - does anyone DJ (pro or hobby)?
What gear do you guys have, classic or digital?

I'm just starting out.
The Mitchell
ive done a few slots back home in clubs. generally just do cd djing for rock clubs. its not djing in the sense of mixing it all etc but its fun getting to chose songs all night hehe
Jaan
You have a pretty sweet set of equipment there!
All I have is a midi keyboard for now... Rolling Eyes
mceejaydee
I wanna start. But a setup for a beginner is like too expensive for my family. $500-1000 for a good setup hm?
The Mitchell
Jaan wrote:
You have a pretty sweet set of equipment there!
All I have is a midi keyboard for now... Rolling Eyes

Aye 5 years of collecting and scrimping etc for the next bit of gear. Im generally building a recording and live setup atm. Trying to get my solo thing off the ground as soon as i get my goddamn arse in gear and finish this album. I have a good few tracks but nothing i feel is finished. And then i need the gear to gig it. Also getting a recording interface any time soon so studioage shall happen asap.
The Mitchell
mceejaydee wrote:
I wanna start. But a setup for a beginner is like too expensive for my family. $500-1000 for a good setup hm?

all i can say man is scrimp and save like a little bitch and then ebay everything you own. thats what i did pretty much. The other thing is as a general rule if your just djin small clubs with cd decks there is a good chance theyll have their own decks there. go along to some small clubs and ask if you can do n early slot with one of the regular djs thats hoiw i got into it.
Jaan
mceejaydee wrote:

Nah m8.... just need a few programs, easily availible... and then a hardware mixer. Look at the x+session pro, looks good for a starter, and only $100.
Just begin at friends parties, or around your neighbourhood, and ask for like $20-50 a gig, then get better equipment. The xsession is all you'll need if you spin house.
anxiety1
done college radio for a while...

its hard work!
Scott
I don't dj, but I've got a live electronic music setup. I have my MacBook, a midi keyboard and a USB interface connected to a guitar.
ChilleCharlie
i make my own music
i love music i was born to make music
i am music i feel music
music is the word that makes me feel good
i like mixing i use a midi keyboard i use a hardware mixer
i use a computer and i use 3 guitars
not that i can play guitar but sometimes i hit some lucky sounds out of it
music is a way of life
if you live for the music you know it yourself
i have around 400 MP3 files created by myself
on some of them i have put a vocal (in wich i am not so good)
but hey im a DJ what ya expect ?? that im a singer too?? no mate
i need a singer or a rapper whatever...

if you feel like you could do it pm me ill add you on msn and maybe we could work together
also if youre a text writer feel free to pm me.. we could work together
i dont work for the money i work for fun.. maybe in future i would be crazed enough to think hey this is it its time to make money if you role with me by that day dont be afread i wont take you with me
if you help me and im gettin my as sittin in a rolce royce one day you goin with me but dont expect that to happen...

i know life aint eazy..

greets Charlie
deStructuralized
I don't DJ but to the people who feel equipment is too expensive...

Build your setup one piece at a time. Buy the core stuff you really need first, and move from there.

I work with a lot of vinyl. Hopefully I can get into scratching, cutting, and mixing soon, but for now I just do a lot of sample work off of my TT.
andy26
I make music on my computer i use quite a lot of veriouse programs my latest program is propeler head and it seems a good program to make music on it just takes a while to get your head around all the controlls.

if you visit my site www.andysserver.frih.net you will see a song iv made on the music iv made page its not the best but its the only one that survived after my computer died.