FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Help setup my blog with a new registered domain...

tbsly
Hey Everyone,
So I'm pretty new to this although I do know my way around computers and the internet well enough. Here's the deal, I've just registered a new domain name movieflogger.com and now I want to set up a blog using that domain. Here's the problem: I'm not really sure the best way to go about this. From the limited research I've done it looks like I might be able to do it with Blogger but I can't tell if this is the best way. I mostly work on a Mac so if anyone has some tips or programs that are especially good I'd love to hear about them. Truly any help anyone can give me about getting started with this would be great. Thanks again,
tbsly
http://www.movieflogger.com
jeromep
The next thing you do from there is to find a host.

I suggest using.. well.. FriHost.

When you have a host already, the next thing you can do is either
1. Hire a someone to setup your own blogger page, or
2. Install blog scripts by yourself.

There are a number of blog scripts out there. Some of them are:
1. b2evolution
2. Nucleus
3. pMachine Free
4. WordPress

Now, if you suddenly feel this is too much hassle, then you probably want to go to www.blogger.com Smile
tbsly
Well damn, if that's the best way then maybe I should just head on over to Blogger. Riddle me this though, can you attach videos (specifically home-made trailers) to the blog plots with just the Blogger service? Thanks again,
Tan
a_dubDesign
tbsly wrote:
Well damn, if that's the best way then maybe I should just head on over to Blogger. Riddle me this though, can you attach videos (specifically home-made trailers) to the blog plots with just the Blogger service? Thanks again,
Tan

If I recall correctly (which I may not be) I think you can set up blogger to publish to your own site. So if you wanted to host all your own videos, opposed to youtube-ing them, you could do that and use blogger to publish everything to your own site.
Although a much easier way just hit me. Start a blogger account, use your domain name to either point to or redirect to your blogger page, and youtube your home-made trailers and use the embed code they give you in your blogger.
Dragate
If you want to have a site about movies,

I suggest you do not do it in the format of a blog...

Learn some simple HTML and CSS http://www.w3schools.com and get some image editing software like The GIMP and make yourself a design.

Search some tuts online.

I"m sure it's not that hard. KEEP AT IT AND YOU"LL BE FINE~

good luck, have fun!