FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


copy.exe





pollux1er
I have a problem with my hard drice c: . When i double click on it, a warning message appear telling that the file copy.exe is missing. How can i resolve this problem?
RiCtee
You might be infected with a virus. Found this in the AVG forum. Or could your copy.exe really be missing?? It's unlikely but try going to the command prompt and type:
Code:
copy /?

If the help appears then it exists . Smile
ahamed
Simply it's a virus. U computer is infected and immediately scan by updated virus scanner.
umeshtangnu
yup its a virus
you can get your system cleaned by
http://www.trendmicro.com/hc_intro/default.asp
pollux1er
ahamed wrote:
Simply it's a virus. U computer is infected and immediately scan by updated virus scanner.


Ok with you. But my computer is not infected anymore and i can't go in the hard disk C by double clicking on it. I have to right click first, and then click on "open". That's is the mater. How to solve that problem?
yjwong
I think this has a bit to do with file associations. I'm not sure how to do it though. Firstly, open an explorer window. Then go to Tools > Folder Options. Then click the "File Types" tab. There's one file type called "Drives" (it should be the first one). Then I'm not sure what to do from there. Just a hint. You might need to do modifications to the registry.
mystzero
First of all, go to Tools>Folder Options and click on the View tab. Untick both "Show hidden files and folders" and "Hide protected operating system files(Recommended)" then click "Ok" below. Now, go into your C: drive and delete the autorun.inf if present. The problem should be solved by now.
mensun
double clicking of the drive which result in either opening the explorer window or non responsive behaviour dumps process in the processes. So before deleting the autorun.bat ,autorun.inf and others kill the process from the task manager(if it is not disabled). If the virus is wscript.exe (latest genre) then U have to delete the registry key from regedit. If the regedit is not accessible u have to boot in safe mode with command prompt and delete the registry and unlock regedit, taskmanager and other administrative tools. U should also check the startup items in the registry. After registry is checked then u should delete the dll and exe file written in the autorun.inf file or in other case the same autorun files from the system32 folder and dllcache folder inside the system32.

Enjoy viruses..........................
pollux1er
mystzero wrote:
First of all, go to Tools>Folder Options and click on the View tab. Untick both "Show hidden files and folders" and "Hide protected operating system files(Recommended)" then click "Ok" below. Now, go into your C: drive and delete the autorun.inf if present. The problem should be solved by now.


The method you gave me solved my problem. Thanks very much for the help.
SFMeatwad
Hmm.

I suppose he's talking about the Salga.a Worm (copy.exe).

Here's what your looking at...

This virus:
* Sends itself to email addresses found on the infected computer
* Modifies data on the computer
* Steals information
* Forges the sender's email address
* Uses its own emailing engine

How to get rid of it, click here.
pollux1er
SFMeatwad wrote:
Hmm.

I suppose he's talking about the Salga.a Worm (copy.exe).

Here's what your looking at...

This virus:
* Sends itself to email addresses found on the infected computer
* Modifies data on the computer
* Steals information
* Forges the sender's email address
* Uses its own emailing engine

How to get rid of it, click here.


I didn't really know the cause of that. I thought it was Christina Aguilera VBScript that was responsible of that default.
Related topics
Windows Tips&tricks!
How to burn CLONEs
Copy And Paste
751 Useful Windows XP Files
Creating an RPG bot in IRC (yes I wrote this)
I am buying a website desgin like Apple.com (75Frih$)
Want to win a copy the DELUXE editon of Harry Potter and HBP
Auto-Patcher Xp (Aug) Released
Calling Exe from Webbrowser
ads and .exe files
Indigoperl includes a copy of Apache 2.0.44, PHP 4.2.3, perl
Virus in Computer
Recycler.exe - virus
Missing or Corrupt "ntoskrnl.exe" file
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Computers -> Computer Problems and Support

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.