FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Anybody know the hotmail POP

netzhu
Hello, who can tell me the hotmail pop3 server....

many many many thanks

moved by wumingsden to a more appropiate forum
wumingsden
netzhu wrote:
Hello, who can tell me the hotmail pop3 server....

many many many thanks

The POP3 server address is always going to be mail. followed by the domain.

So... hotmails is mail.hotmail.com

However, hotmails POP service is only available for paying members or "valued" members.

- Note: I have removed your other thread which is similiar to this to the spam can.
Animal
You can use POP with Hotmail for free with Mozilla Thunderbird and the Webmail extension. This will also work for Yahoo mail, AOL, Gmail, Lycos and others.
R2.DETARD
wow! thats cool, i thought you had to use the premium service.
That will be really useful.
thanks
hazy2k7
Thanks I thought this was only available to the ones who pay.

PS does the hotmail account get a quicker when your paying lol
Kaisonic
I'm pretty sure POP3 access is only allowed for the paying people. I remember a while back that I tried to download my hotmail messages to Thunderbird and never got it to work... maybe I just didn't try hard enough. And the mail.domain.com thing is not always the case, so I didn't think to try that. I dunno, maybe they changed it - I'll try again later.
Eyvind
I think it depends on when you originally set up your hotmail account and whether or not you were using it with an email client at the time. A couple of years ago I could use my hotmail account with Outlook Express. About a year later I made a new hotmail account and it wouldn't work with any of my email software, even though there was no problem using the software with my old address. A couple of months ago, after letting my old hotmail expire, I re-instated it but from that time on, it would't work in Outlook.

So, I think, you need to have an old, still active account that was being used with a client before they changed the rule, for it to still be free.

But that's just my guesstimate of the situation.

Take care,
Eyvind
Daisie
I use thunderbird and the web extentions with my msn and yahoo address and it work no problem, well since the web extention update that is.
But i had those address for years...
goutha
Daisie wrote:
I use thunderbird and the web extentions with my msn and yahoo address and it work no problem, well since the web extention update that is.
But i had those address for years...

Thanks Daisie, I'm gonna try this.