FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Help with javascript!!

mayank_abhishek
Hey!!

I want a decent javascript documentation, with syntax for most of the commands.

I am also looking for some HTML DOM documentation!!!

Please help met get them they should be downloadable and not just online!!

Thanks!
eznet
Hey!
Have you checked with the W3C? They are an excellent source of information... and as far as the down loadable thing goes, have you ever considered just going through and saving the online files for offline viewing? For a 100 pages you can save em all in a matter of 10 minutes or so... so, I would say well worth the time. Also, if you are too busy/lazy Very Happy to save them yourself then you can always pop over to an torrent tracker (such as isohunt or torrentz) and download tons of legal documentation (we won't discuss the other variety that will be found there as well)...
PseudoKnight
Anything online is downloadable. Even if you find a guide that's on a web page, you should be able to download it and view it offline.

Now, I just learn as I go so I might not be the best person to ask this, but the W3schools site is usually where I go when I have a javascript question.

http://www.w3schools.com/js/default.asp
redice
Best!! Thank for the link. I just want update my pages, and insert some AJAX based pages. It DO help for me!
PseudoKnight
Don't use AJAX unless there's a good reason or for only specific reasons. Don't use it for site navigation, especially. Most web users will thank you.
mayank_abhishek
Yeah!

I know anything on the net is downloadable and I do use a downloading client to download sites, and I mostly do refer to
http://www.w3schools.com/ but let me put my requirements more clearly!

A free javascript and HTML DOM documentation which can be downloaded and printed, some what like this one for HTML

http://www.pagetutor.com/common/barebones/barebone.html

I hope I will get some help and finally get what I am looking for!

Thanks!
PseudoKnight
If you're in the habit of printing things out, I wouldn't exactly say you're the programming type, even with something as light as javascript. Wink

But still, web pages can be printed. There are some pretty decent tools to print them cleanly as well. Or you can get a book at the... heh... library. I laugh, but it's a really useful resource and it's free. You seem to want to read something of that sort anyway.
eznet
PseudoKnight wrote:
If you're in the habit of printing things out, I wouldn't exactly say you're the programming type, even with something as light as javascript. Wink

But still, web pages can be printed. There are some pretty decent tools to print them cleanly as well. Or you can get a book at the... heh... library. I laugh, but it's a really useful resource and it's free. You seem to want to read something of that sort anyway.

LOL. If I printed out ever document that I used I would be in deep.... well... paper... I keep my printouts to my "cheatsheets" (I Love Jack Daniels) and leave the bulk on my laptop... I mean, why print? If you print, well... good luck on wading through thousands of pages of content to find what you need when you need it Brick wall ... much easier to hit search and look that way (much faster too! ) Dancing