FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

So I have a sort of stupid hobby.

DILLIGAF
1.) Eyeshadow

I'm a member of a group on livejournal call "EyeshadowSluts" and we pretty much take "FOTD"s (Face of the Day's) and "EOTD"s which are "eyes of the day" looks and whatnot.

http://community.livejournal.com/eyeshadowsluts/
That is the URL.

It's a lot of fun, they give good tips and whatnot.

Also, if you like makeup/fragrances/girly stuff, you can go to www.makeupalley.com to get very reliable reviews, swap your unused items, etc.

2.) Video Games

I play a game online called KnightOnline, an MMORPG (Massive multiplayer Online Role Playing Game) (Think World of Warcraft with less cartoony looking chars, and easier PVP). You can play around the world on KO. There's servers in the US, Malaysia, China, Japan and Korea. On our USKO servers, there's a lot of people from Turkey, so sometimes a language/culture barrier exists.

Thanks for letting me tell you guys a little more about my hobbies. Very Happy[/b]
.ZR.
No hobby's a stupid hobby (=
Although I'll never understand why so many people are so fascinated by shoes.

I'm nto so into makeup, but I think I've tried Knight Online before. Maybe.. I've gone through a whole lot of MMORPGs in the last few years trying to find a decent one. Right now I'm sticking with FlyFF; it's pretty good if you're into the cartoony style =p
DILLIGAF
I have a char on flyff, too. Flyff is OK, I like the whole brandish skill I think it's cute...I'm still a vagrant on there. I'm really not as into it as I am KO though. My Dad plays a yo-yo-acrobat on there. My little sister is a witch or something. LOL
yy1124
The "stupiest" hobby I have is probably collecting coins...Fithy cent coin specifically....

The Fithy cent coins in my country is the largest in size compare to other coins, and I kept them everytime I have them. I think I've save about 1400 of them now. (I've used most of them last year, when I am short of cash T.T)
godam64
when you enjoy some activity it can be called hobby. as long you enjoy it and not againts the law it's ok and not stupid hobby. i think you have great hobbies and keep it fun.

hobby is power of life Laughing
m00tmuffin
That's cool, I don't think either are stupid at all. I've heard of both the community (or rather, happened upon it a few times) and I've heard of KO, too. I don't even really wear makeup hardly ever but I can really appreciate the hard work all those gals put into making their eyes look fantastic, I know I'd have no patience for that stuff! Some of them are so amazingly talented. As for the MMO, no shame, no shame...I've been an Everquest addict for years. Razz Nothing wrong with either things, I assure you!
paquerat
I don't think those are stupid hobbies at all, either of them. I actually learned a few things from that LJ community; thanks for posting it! ^^
vertigoflow
Those aren't stupid hobbies, though I must admit I don't think I understand the first one.

I looked at the LJ page, perhaps it would make more sense if I wore eyeshadow. lol
cruisearound
As mentioned no hobby is stupid, in fact people who knock hobbies in general have a lack of content in there everyday life in my eyes. A hobby is just that, something you like to do, share, enjoy no matter what it is. Yes granted some hobbies are strange/unusual but surely this is what makes us all individual. When i speak to people and say "what do you do in yur spare time" & get the answer, "go to the pub" or similar i always think, what sort of way is that to use spare time, surely you do something else other than just work & drink?
budiman
I agree. No hobby is stupid as long as you enjoy it. Of course it will make you into trouble if it is a nasty hobby such as peeping people taking shower.....
TribalArt
dont sound like a stupid hobby, sounds interesting because its different and such.
Lady_Star
If you enjoy it and have fun with it then no hobby is stupid only unique... Smile It is actually kind of interesting even keep it up and have fun with it... try new things with shading and colors too so that it doesn't get "old" or "stale"
vanille
DILLIGAF wrote:
1.) Eyeshadow

I'm a member of a group on livejournal call "EyeshadowSluts" and we pretty much take "FOTD"s (Face of the Day's) and "EOTD"s which are "eyes of the day" looks and whatnot.

Hey, that doesn't sound so bad! Very Happy I like drawing eyes, so I'd probably fall into that too...actually, I'm going to check the link out now.

As for gaming. *Buzzer Sounds* Haha, aren't we all guilty of being addicted to gaming anyway? I'm an RPGamer myself.
jharsika
Wow this makes me wish I had more time to do my makeup! Before I got a life (no offense) I used to be really into make up and I still have a lot of it but it mostly collects dust now XD I want to start playing with different colors and stuff again. I could never find neon ones though...it's like people think they are illegal here or something. Funny, where I live if someone wore crazy makeup they'd probably be shunned....we must all blend in. Rolling Eyes

I collect rocks....I stare at the ground and go "pretty rocK!" then pick it up and leave it on a window still at my house...then my dog steals them. Shocked

I also collect(ed?) teddy bears and sleep with a few Razz I'm trying to get rid of a bunch though to make it easier later on in life to move and stuff. Plus you know...feng shui...
Daisie
jharsika wrote:
I collect rocks....I stare at the ground and go "pretty rocK!" then pick it up and leave it on a window still at my house...then my dog steals them. Shocked

You will get on well with my kiddo! she has a collection of rocks too, all ligned up on a shelf in her bedroom. And here I am thinking "yay future genelogist!" (sorry might be a french word the last one)
jharsika
Daisie wrote:
jharsika wrote:

You will get on well with my kiddo! she has a collection of rocks too, all ligned up on a shelf in her bedroom. And here I am thinking "yay future genelogist!" (sorry might be a french word the last one)

I think the term is geologist. I'm just a pack rat though...or something. I don't really wonder (much) where they came from... Confused
Captain Fertile
I agree with the posters before me, nothing wrong with your hobby at all.

It is creative and your website provides insiration for all the ladies which can only be good fr them, and even better for men who like a lady to look good when she is made-up.
Pikokola
Nothing stupid for hobby, Somtimes people call that stupid, but who cares?

I love playing games, read manga, and wathcing anime. Other people call me too old for that kind of stuff, but who cares ^^

curently I work as manga and anime textsetter, I got profit from that, some money, and I could live with that [at least for getting those anime, manga, etc with some profit]
jasmine
If you are happy and comfortable in your hobby, why think it as stupid?

If you are thinking so because others say so, that is wrong.

Remember, there will always be people who look down on others. No matter what you do, there will be others who will look down on you. It is then your decision to either be the victim or not.

Hobbies are hobbies, they define who you are.As long as you are not hurting anyone, then it is NOT stupid. Smile
Motoracer380
all hobbies are different...they are only stupid when looked at through the eyes of sombody truly clueless as to what it's about...so all hobies are dumb to anybody who has a different hobbie..myspace is a hobbie..heck myspace is an addiction to most people...but never the less....a hobie.
prilly_baby
wow, thats really cool! I like making different shades with my eye shadow also. Hey, maybe I should join! I'm actually planning to put a lot of makeup tutorials on my website, once i get it up and running =D
jasmine
As for me, my list of hobbies are the ff:

1) web design
2) DVD collecting (particularly of asian genre)
3) blogging

Those are stuff I practically do every day... Very Happy
KellaDayne
wow! such a cool comutnity!!! i've joined it now and will post some pictures a little bit later - have some shots to share! Wink
i love how it looks - love to take pictures of eyes... although, some could think it can be not so interesting to take pictures of eyes all the time, i wouldn't agree... eyes are sooooo different! and there's so many wayes to take a piture of them!
*going to post in comunity* Smile Very Happy
thealpha
oh~ i see~