FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

To wii or not to Wee (woman dies trying to win a wii)

TarsajumaClan
Read About It Here
RoninRa
Some peeps are just too desperate...

How do you manage to die of water intoxication anyway??
m_furquan36
wow thats just suprising to see....i really dont know why people can be so desperate over things youll eventually get anyways Rolling Eyes
Saryon
To be honest, this is just pathetic.
What normal person would risk his/her own life for a Wii, or any other console? I mean, common....
And she hasn't even won, so her children don't get anything...

Sad for the children, stupid for the woman.
Daisie
So so stupid!
odinstag
TarsajumaClan wrote:
Read About It Here

There's a nomination for a Darwin Award.
tolerance
It is stupid, but she probably didn't go into the contest thinking "wow I could die from this." Water poisoning isn't really common knowledge because it rarely happens.

Then again, that was a stupid contest to hold in the first place and the radio station should have done some research first. If they get sued they pretty much deserve it. Even if someone hadn't died from their silly contest, holding it in is bad anyway; it strains your bladder and increases the risk of UTIs.
Seiji
I doubt she know the effects. She probably thought the worst thing that could happen to her is that she would wee on herself. Thats really sucks and she was trying to win it for her kids.
Patriot Players
Is this on any source more reliable than some blog or whatever that is?
Geminh
Too much water a bad thing? Weird, never thought of that before. The Radio Station will probably be sued or something. I hope her children will be okay. Confused
iNs@nE
A guy was shot trying to get his hands on the Playstation 3.
Now a woman dies trying to win a Wii.

Dont you see it people? The PS3 is better in all the ways. It atleast didnt kill the guy..!
Klaw 2
RoninRa wrote:
Some peeps are just too desperate...

How do you manage to die of water intoxication anyway??

Just drink really really really really alot of water and then you die Sad
same as everything if you drink-eat a lot of something and hold it, you´l die.
Blu_Spykz
How peculiarly stupid.

She must've realised she was under strain.

Tosser.
odinstag
It took a couple days, but this is all over the news around here now.

I can't believe they fired the DJ's. But not the station managers. The station managers are the ones who approve this crap. Jerks!!!
bigdan
I hope whoever was responsible gets the sack. Completely irresponsible on the radio station's part. Why coudn't they do something actually linked to a Wii, like a tennis comp or something like that? Or a baseball style comp? See who hits it the longest? You could link those to the Wii's controller.

Either, you'd hope it's the end of "The End" (got that from the news report on KXTV News10, watched it on the net. Wink ).
reddishblue
I can't believe such a stupid contest, people were always going to get hurt in that, didn't they have paramedics at least?
suntzu3500
Stupid concept for a contest... did she at least get the Wi? I hope she didn't cause if she did that would be somewhat evil.
Magicman
How could someone be that desperate for a console. It's just sheer stupidity. The contest was a bad idea in the first place especial with the hindsight of this tragic ending. If the story is real at least (I don't see it from a very reputable source anywhere)
linkman2004
suntzu3500 wrote:
Stupid concept for a contest... did she at least get the Wi? I hope she didn't cause if she did that would be somewhat evil.

No, somebody else won. In fact, they even interviewed the winner recently. Either way, it was a dumb contest, although I always thought that drinking lots of water was harmless. Confused
jay84h
That is kind of rediculous. To do that to your body just for a gaming system? These gaming systems DO NOT run your lives, they are not needed to survive life! I heard about an inncident where, when the PS3 first launched, they was a line-up of people waiting to get it. Two guys came along started to cause trouble and get in front of these two other guys to get the PS3. Eventually the two guys causing the trouble shot the others, over a PS3. I mean, you know? Over a gaming console?
RoninRa
There's now officially four things that kill people...

Politics, Religion, Football(Soccer) and Consoles Laughing
TerrorBite
Looks like the source article has moved... it's now here.

Well that's stupid. I read it and was like, OMG WTF LOL NINJAS...
it's that stupid, only a stupid language (like leetspeak) can describe its full stupidity.

Let's see how many times I can use the word "stupid" in a single post, or is that just stupid?

I wouldn't be that stupid. I don't think. Sure, it's a nice console, the controllers are funky, but... it's not worth dying for. Although the wordplay (Wii/Wee) was amusing, in a stupid way.

When they say "water intoxication", maybe that's just a polite way of saying "urine intoxication". I mean, if you hold on for long enough, I believe it sort of backs up, and poisons you.

I wonder if the woman in question was still holding on even when she died...

[EDIT] I mean, yeah, like the guy said, "Can you say STOOPID?"
Well, I can say "Par-tay" but that's different.
RoninRa
You say Stupid 7 times in your post. 8 if you count stupidity and 9 if you also count stoopid....

Yes! I am bored Shocked
Firebird
The link doesn't work,but yeah,i heard many people are getting hurt,and many problems,due to the WII.

Like,see this site for example: http://wiihaveaproblem.com
TarsajumaClan
Firebird wrote:
The link doesn't work,but yeah,i heard many people are getting hurt,and many problems,due to the WII.

Like,see this site for example: http://wiihaveaproblem.com
Down for maitence at the moment lol sorry.
rampantinsanity
I'm a natural skeptic, and since all of the links seem to be no longer working, it makes me even more skeptical. Surely a story like this would have been mentioned at least in a local news station. Do you have any other links to the story that could back it up? Otherwise, it sounds a lot like another urban legend running rampant on the web. Wink Still, pretty funny.
lost
i would if my mom died over getting me a wii "she didnt she got mine of e-bay XD" but if she did i would sue them so badily for
1. not doing any research
2.not even giving me a wii after my mom died over it
3.for them to hold sucha stupid event
TarsajumaClan
rampantinsanity wrote:
I'm a natural skeptic, and since all of the links seem to be no longer working, it makes me even more skeptical. Surely a story like this would have been mentioned at least in a local news station. Do you have any other links to the story that could back it up? Otherwise, it sounds a lot like another urban legend running rampant on the web. Wink Still, pretty funny.

Try here lol;

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=women+dies+trying+to+win+a+wii
hardcoregamer808
Yeah i saw this on digg a while back ago, good find though! This was actually big news, it was on my local news and everything, what a weird lady.