FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Logout problem?

jabapyth
it seems that every few minutes (not sure how many) i get logged off of here. Is it a bug? maybe the cookie is set wrong? i dont know. Question
Animal
jabapyth wrote:
it seems that every few minutes (not sure how many) i get logged off of here. Is it a bug? maybe the cookie is set wrong? i dont know. Question

I've never had this problem myself - are you blocking cookies, or removing them automatically perhaps?
saratdear
If you do not check "Log me in automatically on each visit", I think it logs you out after a few minutes. If you do check it before you log in, and you get logged out, I don't know why. But I have this problem too.
reddishblue
Are you guys using Google Broadband Exillirator (or however its spelt) it did that to me to until I removed it out of anger of this happening to me.
saratdear
reddishblue wrote:
Are you guys using Google Broadband Exillirator (or however its spelt) it did that to me to until I removed it out of anger of this happening to me.

Thanks a lot, reddishblue! I disabled the Google Web accelerator and it is working fine. However, I can't imagine how that would have caused a problem.
jabapyth
reddishblue wrote:

Ya, i use google accelerator. Anyway, you dont have to remove the whole thing. If you use Firefox (i dont know about ie), you can specify sites to "not accelerate". That what ive just done. Ill see if it works Very Happy
Hogwarts
saratdear wrote:
reddishblue wrote:

Thanks a lot, reddishblue! I disabled the Google Web accelerator and it is working fine. However, I can't imagine how that would have caused a problem.

Quote:
Google Web Accelerator uses various strategies to make your web pages load faster, including:

* Sending your page requests through Google machines dedicated to handling Google Web Accelerator traffic.
* Storing copies of frequently looked at pages to make them quickly accessible.
* Downloading only the updates if a web page has changed slightly since you last viewed it.
* Prefetching certain pages onto your computer in advance.
* Managing your Internet connection to reduce delays.
* Compressing data before sending it to your computer

That's how google accelerator works. Doesn't it mean, that if it prefetches pages, that it may prefetch the logout page, and I think that the logout page does its magic when somebody loads it. So that could be what is logging you out... Just a thought.