FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Basilisk?

jasmine
I recently bought a Basilisk DVD set. I haven't watched it but I would like to know how others perceive it. Is it good? Smile
carlokes
Hi there,

I watched Basilisk up to the 16th episode (I think...not quite sure) and i have to say this is one of my favories ninja series, loads of hack n slash, awesome inja superpowers and an interesting plot.

If you have watch Ninja Scroll then you'll love this anime. the drawing of the different chars and their superpower have a lot in common (not the same !!! just how they are and were thought).

A must see for every anime fan. However I must say this is not directed to children and not ven teens below...let's say...15/16?

Stay cool.
driftingfe3s
I watched to about episode 8 or 9 in the series. I got bored of it after that The first episode was really good with a great battle in it, then slowly all the action seemed to become less and less and it seem to drag on story wise.

My girlfriend on the other hand continued to watch it and she said she enjoyed it.
jasmine
carlokes wrote:
Hi there,

I watched Basilisk up to the 16th episode (I think...not quite sure) and i have to say this is one of my favories ninja series, loads of hack n slash, awesome inja superpowers and an interesting plot.

If you have watch Ninja Scroll then you'll love this anime. the drawing of the different chars and their superpower have a lot in common (not the same !!! just how they are and were thought).

A must see for every anime fan. However I must say this is not directed to children and not ven teens below...let's say...15/16?

Stay cool.

Yea, I've seen Ninja Scroll and I love it!

Well then, I guess I am going to love this series too! ^_^

Also, I'm wondering if this series served as basis to the Japanese movie titled, Shinobi. Does anyone know?
carlokes
Hi there,

"I watched to about episode 8 or 9 in the series. I got bored of it after that The first episode was really good with a great battle in it, then slowly all the action seemed to become less and less and it seem to drag on story wise.

My girlfriend on the other hand continued to watch it and she said she enjoyed it."

I think its after 8 or 9 that the action and the super combats really start Smile You should give it another try.

About the Shinobi movie...i dont have a clue....

Stay cool.
Bethere
Basilisk is a beautiful drawing and good idea.

The story is too short and boring in last-half story
urbanbuddha
For me, like most animes, the beginning got my attention then it starts to trickle down into "extending" the series to fit its slated number of episodes. I would highly recommend the manga if you can get your hands on it as the pace is more consistent and exciting.
tcfblade
well well, good anime, very good, hi quality and fight scenes well made,
one of my preferred anime, lost only to FMA, GANTZ and OnePiece...
princemac
I believe basilisk is a 26 episode anime, I saw up to 10 I think, because I was getting it form my friend who usually gets the actually dvd sets that they sell, me I tend to just download them but its more time consuming. But what I really loves was the movie they made about the anime, its name is Shinobi, at first I didn't believe, but then after downloading and watching it, it was great but the movie skipped alot of things in the anime. Everyone who loves basilisk should watch the movie. I think it was release in 2007 or 2006 not too sure.