FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

FTP is not seeming to work...

Mgamerz
I am trying to access my page at:

ftp.mgamerz.frih.net

and its not working.

I have also tried
ftp://mgamerz.frih.net
ftp://ftp.mgamerz.frih.net
, and none of them are working. And I tried using Frontpage FTP and I get the site, but the connection keeps timing out. I successfully can log in, and am using active FTP . I am behind a a different firewall than Windows Firewall, and have allowed FP to access the internet. Why is it doing this? Now my page comes up as an error even with a index.htm loaded into the public_html directory!
Animal
Have you set the program to use active mode and not passive mode? Have you tried using another ftp program such as FileZilla?
Mgamerz
Yes, I did not check Use Passive FTP, so I do not think it will. I think I'm installing Frontpage Extensions, so will I be able to use Frontpage uploading with this? Not frontpage FTP?
Can I delete the Public_HTML document? Because since I did... The page isn't loading, I keep getting an error saying forbidden.
Animal
Mgamerz wrote:
Yes, I did not check Use Passive FTP, so I do not think it will. I think I'm installing Frontpage Extensions, so will I be able to use Frontpage uploading with this? Not frontpage FTP?

Sorry, I've never used front page, so I don't know.

Mgamerz wrote:
Can I delete the Public_HTML document? Because since I did... The page isn't loading, I keep getting an error saying forbidden.

No - you need to put everything that you want people to be able to see inside the public_html folder. You will need to recreate it - be sure to give it File Permissions 744.
Mgamerz
What about the file named public_html ? I don't think it had an extension? And what was the default html it said? Because I this is my first page.
Also... What do Frih$ do you? DO they pay for your site or something?
Animal
Mgamerz wrote:
What about the file named public_html ? I don't think it had an extension?

It's a directory (folder).

Mgamerz wrote:
And what was the default html it said? Because I this is my first page.

The "first page" should be called "index.html" - when your site was created, it had a default "this site is ready for use" page, but this is not important - you do not need to recreate it.

Mgamerz wrote:
Also... What do Frih$ do you? DO they pay for your site or something?

FRIH$ are for trading on the Frihost forum - check out the Marketplace thread. Your points "pay" for your hosting - one point is deducted each day, and if your points reach -20 then your hosting account will be removed. This is to ensure you remain active on the forums.