FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Packaging Script - Will pay 75 FRIH$

[FuN]goku
Right if its possible... which i think it is,.... I would like someone to make me a script that will package files on the server then output a zip file with everything in it for download.
jabapyth
could you give specifications? are this files all in the same dir? how are you going to specify which files to zip? post, get, or predefined?
jabapyth
did some research--and unfortunately frihost uses php4, which requires the zziplib module to write to zip files. (it can only read them). I could, however do something for you in cgi (perl or python: python ships with a zip module, im not sure about perl)
rfwrangler
Are you wanting to set this up so that people can download the scripts then install them on a different machine?? IF this is waht you are doing then it is possible and what you will want to do is package the files in a folder and set up the paths that the files are using than you will need to write an install script named install.php that will set up the user information and the database connections that will write to a configuration file that will be accessed in each of the files that need this information.

Then all you need to do is zip the file and put it on your site for downloading.

I hope that this is what you are looking for.

Good Luck.
alecktrl
just wondering what FRIH$ can do?
simplyw00x
Quote:

Nothing, and don't let anyone fool you into thinking otherwise.

Quote:
I would like someone to make me a script that will package files on the server then output a zip file with everything in it for download.

Code:
system("zip foo.zip *.jpg");
echo('<a href="foo.zip">Your File is ready!</a>');

This cunningly bypasses any sort of module dependencies by using Frihost's linux structure to run the 'zip' command using system().
alecktrl
Thanks. another question: how could your points drop nearly to zero? Did you use them on something, um, like keeping web hosting account?

Quote:
Quote:

jabapyth
alecktrl wrote:
Thanks. another question: how could your points drop nearly to zero? Did you use them on something, um, like keeping web hosting account?

Quote:
Quote:

your points go down one a day (if you have a site). This encourages posting. FRIH$ do not go down however (although they're just internal revenue).
simplyw00x
Quote:

Points aren't FRIH$. Points are the measure of your 'post to host' status. FRIH are basically your postcount multiplied by some arbitrary factor related to the length of your post and the alignment of the planets. They can be used to buy things from gullible people in the Marketplace (things that are probably available for free anyway) and not a lot else.
Dougie1
simplyw00x wrote:
Quote:

Points aren't FRIH$. Points are the measure of your 'post to host' status. FRIH are basically your postcount multiplied by some arbitrary factor related to the length of your post and the alignment of the planets. They can be used to buy things from gullible people in the Marketplace (things that are probably available for free anyway) and not a lot else.

Can you not use fri$ to submit your site to the directory. If so they are not useless.