FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

FIRST Robotics

JBotAlan
Not sure if there are any team members / alumni on these forums, but I figured I might as well bring it up.

I am on a FIRST Robotics team. FIRST = For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology. The main website is www.usfirst.org .

Every January, we get a new game to design for. We build a ~120lb robot that has to accomplish the goals laid out for the year. This year, we have to put pool inner tubes on a huge rack. You can see the goal on the FIRST site. We compete in regionals all over the place after the 6-week build season is over, and if we are lucky, we make it to nationals in Atlanta, Georgia. This is a global competition, and is amazing.

Just thought I'd bring it up. It'll be interesting to see how many people here are on FIRST teams or have been on them.

JBot
Cibes
Cool, I'd like to do that too.
How did you get on this team? How old do you have to be? . . .
Tell is if you are successful!!!
Motoracer380
i couldnt load the site....but a friend of mine was on a robotics team in highschool...he had the same type of tasks..build ths that can do that..i dont understad any of it.
JBotAlan
Cibes wrote:
Cool, I'd like to do that too.
How did you get on this team? How old do you have to be? . . .
Tell is if you are successful!!!

This is a high-school competition. However, if you want, you can mentor a team; look at the FIRST site for more info on that.

As for the FIRST site not loading, try it again. You probably caught the server in a bad mood... Wink

JBot