FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

A Penny in my Pizza

Drawingguy
Yep, a penny in my pizza. That's what I found a couple of days ago when I took a bite of one of those all-topping slices (mushrooms, pepperoni, ham, peppers, olives, etc.). I hardly think that pennies were on that list. It wasn't even a shiny one, it was one of those green, oxidized, old ones. Does anyone think that I could contract some sort of disease from this? I would hope that the high temperatures in the pizza oven would have killed a significant portion of germs/bacteria that I'm sure were festering on that penny. If anyone has something to say, go ahead and say it, please.
LukeakaDanish
I wouldn't worry for a second - kids put all kinda random stuff (like coins) in their mouth every day...and although they do get ill occasionally, their (and our) immune systems provide an excellent barrier against bacteria coming in through the mouth - the stomach is very acidic, which takes care of most of it.

The only thing I would worry about is cracking your teeth on the coin - and as that didn't happen, your ok Smile
Teddy1
Drawingguy. If the pizza was bought from a big named company/pizza parlour you could sue for compensation. They usually offer stuff like free meals for a few years or something just so you don't take them to court but you could get a few thousand from this. A penny in your pizza is not the topping you tend to find on a pizza now-a-days. Smile
spazbutt32
Wow, I wonder what kind of idiot managed to let a penny unnoticed in a pizza? Well, maybe if you had green peppers in it. Razz

You'd probably be fine even if the penny hadn't been cooked to food-service temperatures, since the immune system is a very nice thing.
Drawingguy
In my defense, it was one of those all-topping pizzas, with the mushrooms, peppers, pepperoni, saussage, olives, etc. Who would see a penny there? Anyway, I haven't had any adverse effects, so I'm fine I guess. It wasn't a big pizza chain, though, just a small one, so I just let it slide.
CrimsonStrange
Y'know, incidents like that make you wish it had've been a rolled-up $100 bill.
A buddy of mine once found a small zip-seal bag with a couple of crack rocks inside of a carton of some take-out Chinese fried rice.
The crack got flushed, but we still order take-out from that restaurant every once in a while, hoping to get money with our sweet & sour chicken. Wink
indeedwrestling
A penny for your thoughts obviously! It's an incentive to get your opinion on their service.
crimson_aria
a penny in a pizza. I agree with Teddy1. LOL. I had a friend who was about to sue a cable company over something and know what they did? they decided to give my friend a free subscription just so she wouldn't sue them. Hehe. If it's a big company, you could do that. Laughing
Rico
Teddy1 wrote:
Drawingguy. If the pizza was bought from a big named company/pizza parlour you could sue for compensation. They usually offer stuff like free meals for a few years or something just so you don't take them to court but you could get a few thousand from this. A penny in your pizza is not the topping you tend to find on a pizza now-a-days. Smile

I don’t think I’d want a free meal (or any meal for that matter) from a place where random crap is going to be part of the cuisine.
prilly_baby
did you get your pizza free? well you should've and complained too. I noe i would have a bf right there if i found a penny in my pizza. Well you probably didnt contact a disease. Are you feeling fine now?
tqboard
maybe you should give away this penis, smeone can miss it
pontus
Dude you gotta change pizza place...
fbcompany
i went to burger king last night.

Got short changed 2$, they forgot my toy and there was a hair in the burger.

Dont worry i unleashed on the manager. Got 2 free burgers, my 2$ and the toy.

So go back there and friken destroy the shop owner/manager. Free pizza (with pennys in it) for a year. You will be ricH!!!!
greenwoodmonkey
Teddy1 wrote:

God, I hate this Sue-you culture we have got ourselves in.... in the UK the adverts on daytime are just a cycle of"have you had an accident in last 10 years?" "Did you eat something bad last week?"

sheesh... when will people stop?

A friend of mine had a letter once saying that a client of his was talking to a solicitor and threatening to sue on the grounds that he had been in an accident on the way back from their meeting because (get this!) :

he hadn't been told there was a one way system outside the carpark and he had driven down the road in the wrong direction... when smashed his car and someone else's he received a broken nose that meant he had to take a few days off work.... so he was seeking damages for loss of earnings and embarrassment caused..

What a looser....

He never made it court because every solicitor laughed at him and his employers sacked him for making the company look incompetent..

he later tried to sue the company for unfair dismissal which was rejected.. apparently he was a serial sue - er.... (right word???)

Anyway, sorry about your pizza... hope the rest tasted ok.... dont worry about the penny.. maybe it was your change?
missdixy
Wow...that's disgusting.
silvermesh
you could swallow the penny and still suffer no adverse effects, really. I find it unusual that this type of thing could even happen. I work in a pizza place, and the idea of a penny finding it's way anywhere near a pizza is suspect at best, unless maybe it was a slice that was in a warmer for display to customers? the open-backed ones I could see a slight chance if a penny got loose when someone was getting change, and bounced into the pizza? Who knows. The only thing I could think when I first read it is workers in the store throwing pennies at eachother, and horsing around causing this sort of thing. I could see it happening in my store.
blue77
Don't worry for your health. Some metals when they are baked separate oxids that are useful for the organism, but some are not. However whit the time our bodies are handaling with that.
If you find something else with yuor pizza you maybe will be able to do something, but a penny - this is strange.
As a people say it - money comes in unusual ways.
Drawingguy
Well, it's been several months since that foul penny entered my mouth. And...nothing bad happened. I went on fine as usual, without even feeling the slightest bit ill. All's well that ends well.
Azmo
hm, find a penny, pick it up... Smile
Rico
Drawingguy wrote:
Well, it's been several months since that foul penny entered my mouth. And...nothing bad happened. I went on fine as usual, without even feeling the slightest bit ill. All's well that ends well.

Glad to hear everything turned out OK. Have you gone back to that Pizza place?
Lord Klorel
Jeezes, if i would found any unusual thing in my pizza, i would sue the company, big or small.
Hopefully you will not get any illnesses from this penny.
I still can't understand why a penny can be found in a pizza. otherwise they need to rename the ... pizza to a "penny pizza".
*sounds good*

I hope that the pizza company will check there ingredients twice and the cooking of the pizza before it will be delivered to a client.
Arnie
Don't worry, you can clean the penny just like on TV!