FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Who is the biggest liar in the world?





chasbeen
This goes to a celebrity or someone known to you personally. Of course people in power are not excluded. After all a little lie to a lot of people probably is bigger that the one your car mechanic told you about the work hed done on your car the last time it went in for an oil and filter change. Makes me think did I really need the new engine and was there any truth in the rumour of invisible hands loosening part of the car so that you would return to the garage shortly after?

Anyway we got a new mechanic now (Old one went out of business rapid!)

From an international point of view the guy that gets my vote for "Biggest liar in the world" was that Iraqi guy who kept saying that the attacking armies were being beaten back and humiliated. When , in fact, the Iraqui forces were
being overrun. Whats yours?

Very Happy
ALostSoul
George Bush.
Derioh
Jan-Peter Balkenende (prime minister of the Netherlands)
ALostSoul
Derioh wrote:
Jan-Peter Balkenende (prime minister of the Netherlands)



Really? I wouldn't know. I live in the US =]. But I still think George Bush is the biggest liar, of all.
the-geek
sorry but right now i cant think anyone but george w bush. although no one really knows why he's making this world a little more unsafe! u know what happens when the worlds most powerful man lies?
ALostSoul
the-geek wrote:
sorry but right now i cant think anyone but george w bush. although no one really knows why he's making this world a little more unsafe! u know what happens when the worlds most powerful man lies?



THANK YOU!
alkady
ALostSoul wrote:
George Bush.


LOL, I knew the second I'd see this post, I knew someone was going to post Bush.
standready
Every politician! It is a job requirement to tell people what they want to hear then do whatever puts $$ in their own pocket.
disgqboi
ALostSoul wrote:
George Bush.


True story yo.
pashmina
ALostSoul wrote:
George Bush.

i was going to say that.
madsencarl
As soon as I saw the title of this thread, I knew George Bush was going to be said by pretty much everyone.

Lay off him, guys.
jylan
madsencarl wrote:
As soon as I saw the title of this thread, I knew George Bush was going to be said by pretty much everyone.

Lay off him, guys.


Why? I vote George Bush as the biggest liar Laughing
a.Bird
jylan wrote:
madsencarl wrote:
As soon as I saw the title of this thread, I knew George Bush was going to be said by pretty much everyone.

Lay off him, guys.


Why? I vote George Bush as the biggest liar Laughing

I second that.
Agent ME
madsencarl wrote:
As soon as I saw the title of this thread, I knew George Bush was going to be said by pretty much everyone.

Lay off him, guys.

Ditto - if you're going to needlessly say he's such a liar, at least put some evidence up...
godam64
yeah i think george w. bush is the biggest liar at this moment. he is evil but he pretend like a human. i hope he awake from evil presence from his body Very Happy
[FuN]goku
US: George Bush
Can: Stephen Harper
UK: Tony Blair

Conclusion: Politics Very Happy
Hunterseaker
[FuN]goku wrote:
US: George Bush
Can: Stephen Harper
UK: Tony Blair

Conclusion: Politics Very Happy

Yep, I totally agree with you, George bush is the biggest liar, after him blair and after those 2: every politician in the world. Elections make people lie.....
After the election the politician change opinions etc....
coolclay
I agree politics are all about lieing, but I think Bush would probably be the most straight forward politician I have seen for awhile, he tells the public what is on his mind, and what he thinks is going on, and what we should do. He keeps very little secret, and informs the public on what is happening.
ninjakannon
It's hardly surprising that the suggestions so far are politicians, politicians, politicians. I would say that politicians aren't actually the biggest liars, in fact they don't lie very often at all. Most of the time they step around questions and come up with 'clever' answers which don't actually lie but don't tell the truth either.

It's not all their fault though. If a politician tells the truth the they'll get jumped on and squashed by the media - possibly even loose their job if the journalists and newspaper editors want it. It's these people who really control countries; they have the majority of the population held captive at their every word and could quite easily - I'm sure - start a civil war after a month of provoking front page headlines.
If a politician [or celebrity, or anyone the editor doesn't like] does something that the editor of a newspaper doesn't like then they'll get beaten to a pulp by them. And the truth is something that newspapers seem to hide the most. I say everyone should stop buying newspapers to put some of the companies to shame (not to mention bankruptcy) and show them that we want the truth.
Captain Fertile
HI Guys

I liked who you said but I would have loved even more to read your reasons why. Just saying a name gives me some information but it does not allow for much of a debate.

I agree politicians are some of the biggest liars due to the very natures of the job and the sad fact is that we all know they are lieing.

I cant say one single person because there are just too many to mention but if they are successful in the world of politics you can be pretty sure they have used some degree of dishonesty to get there. It is just the nature of the beast until we all stand up and say, "Hey, if you are dishonest I wont vote for you"

Make it unproductive to be dishonest and reward honesty well then we will get better candidates. (in an ideal world of course)
Soulfire
You tell me why George Bush is a liar, and maybe I'll listen. Just pointing fingers isn't solving anything, or convincing anyone.
xkobram
Not only george bush, every politican must lie...
But the worst liers are actors!!!
ninjakannon
xkobram wrote:
Not only george bush, every politican must lie...
But the worst liers are actors!!!

The question everyone wants answered is WHY?

I've given my explanation, to what extent do you agree with it? Have I missed anything out or gone off on the wrong road completely. Come on everyone this could be a big discussion point and no one's posting anything to further this debate.
UnikeViruz
ALostSoul wrote:
George Bush.



Sorry, I agree. Haha George Bush lies out his 4$$....
ywc1818
ALostSoul wrote:
George Bush.

I Agree Exclamation George Bush , the biggest liar, lied everyday, and lied all the USA citizens to attack Iraq . I don't think the reason he said ( powerful weapons??) was the real reason behind (for oil) . This is why I said he was lying. Why do you think??
Alias
I wonder why do you guys keep telling that George Bush is a liar?

Sorry don't have that much idea why this man is a liar. Sad
hunnyhiteshseth
I will also say George W. Bush. But I will also give some support for my statement.

George Bush attacked Iraq on the pretext that Iraq has weapons of mass destruction but not a single weapon of mass destruction was found in Iraq & instead it was USA which used weapons of mass destruction.

Secondly even when USA is not in good position in Iraq, he is telling american citizens that USA is in control of Iraq.

EDIT: This was my 400th post
coolclay
I disagree, just because someone said they believed some place had something, and it turns out they were wrong. It means they were wrong, it doesn't mean they lied, it means they were wrong. I thought Iraq had WMD's, (well they actually had some but not as many as we thought).

If I think Joe has something in his pocket but he really doesn't that makes me wrong, not a liar.
3reasons
The biggest liar in the world is definitely bush. Here is why. Firstly, he claimed that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction and attacked them based on this. Then when he succeeded in occupying the country, he was unable to find any. It must be remembered that Hans Blix clearly stated that Iraq had no weapons of mass destruction but bush ignored what he had to say. This clearly shows he had a hidden agenda.

Then he sent so many soldiers to war. He promised results but all he delivered were deaths. So many people were killed on both sides. The number far exceeds that which resulted due to September 11. Now I ask you. Is it fair to destroy countries to get revenge for the death of 4000 individuals who died on September 11? Which ideology supports this view?

Children were left homeless and limbless. Homes were destroyed and families were scattered. Chaos has resulted in the world simply because this individual has told people something which always turned out to be not true. Hence, he gets my vote for the biggest liar of the millennium.
Tuxy
FOX broadcasting comapny... It's not news, its propaganda :s
Futile
Bush by far wins this out right, but the question is, "Is he a bigger idiot or liar?" That is the question.
xkobram
ninjakannon wrote:
xkobram wrote:
Not only george bush, every politican must lie...

The question everyone wants answered is WHY?


I think, politics is all about it. When you want to succes, you must lie. Better liar => More power
Everyone in politics is just working on better and better lies.
At least they say what they like and just keep in quiet what they dont like in their game. Politics is game with words but real power...

In my country we have no government since last summer, because of tie election. And two sides are just says what other side did... Lies alternate lies...
wombatrpgs
Futile wrote:
Bush by far wins this out right, but the question is, "Is he a bigger idiot or liar?" That is the question.


I wouldn't think 'liar' as much as uninformed. But yes, some lies are intentional, but I would think misinformation wouldbe a better source of his troubles. He may have 'lied,' but knowingly? But I suppose that's what you mean bu "idiot?"
catscratches
I agree with most people here. George W. Bush (junior) is the biggest liar in the world. Yeah, right, everything's nice in Guantanamo. Why shouldn't it be?? -.-
chasbeen
I don't like politicians either but do they deserve the title?. Blair (From Ye Olde England) actually shook my daughters hand once but she was only 6 then and didn't realise what was happening.
hunnyhiteshseth
coolclay wrote:

I disagree, just because someone said they believed some place had something, and it turns out they were wrong. It means they were wrong, it doesn't mean they lied, it means they were wrong. I thought Iraq had WMD's, (well they actually had some but not as many as we thought).

If I think Joe has something in his pocket but he really doesn't that makes me wrong, not a liar.


Yes thats true but when you take a definite action it must be based on hard facts & not just 'thinks'. If we follow same analogy then you can even justify Osama Bin Laden, he might have thought that evils are living in WTC & he just went to destroy terrorists.
But we know it is not true.

Also thinking something is in pocket is one thing, & making a statement is another thing.
wombatrpgs
For everyone yelling at Bush, I would be interested to see if you also called, for example, John Kerry, just as big a liar. It might be just political affiliation against Bush but I'd think most people just don't like politicians. Almost as bad as lawyers...
bluecradle
last 2004 elections our president in our country announced that she will not run for another term...she took back her promise and insisted that it was the "will of her countrymen that she should seek another term" yeah definitely a liar.
fx-trading-education
coolclay wrote:
I disagree, just because someone said they believed some place had something, and it turns out they were wrong. It means they were wrong, it doesn't mean they lied, it means they were wrong. I thought Iraq had WMD's, (well they actually had some but not as many as we thought).

If I think Joe has something in his pocket but he really doesn't that makes me wrong, not a liar.


Your argument is true when people believe something that is wrong but for this case it was different because they said they had proofs and it was faked proofs that they showed to UN for instance (pictures, anthrax sample...). So that is really intentional lie. Everything they showed was fake ans was done in purpose. And it's an intentioanl lie in order to kill people, so I would even not call that a lie but much worst.
ninjakannon
Out of everyone who has said George Bush, the majority who have given a reason have mentioned the Iraq war and nothing else.

If the only thing that Bush had lied about was this then he wouldn't - in my mind - be the biggest liar. Although the lies (as most people assume his pretences for war were) which he used to try and justify the war are certainly huge ones there is no question that there are people who lie much more that just a few lies on a certain topic.

So what else do you think George Bush has lied about? And, also, what do you think he's told the truth about. Remember it's best to have a balanced argument and to give a balanced view of the whole picture. It's obvious that Bush has lied, but does that really make him the biggest liar?

I don't know too much about Bush, however I do know a fair bit - I'll be interested to see what people come up with here.
chasbeen
I'm not in agreement that politicians are liars. I think they are the "mouth piece" and "ambasador" of the system though. Does anyone here remember Sir Anthony Eden who came back from Germany in 1938 with "a piece of paper" and an agreement with Adolf that no war was coming. Perhaps this then is a more "real" situation. You have Sir Anthony who is the politician holding a piece of paper from perhaps the biggest liar in History. In short you can classify a dictator as a liar but not a politician the same. Besides I like George B's Dad and i'm sure he instilled some moral principle.... Exclamation
ninjakannon
chasbeen wrote:
Does anyone here remember Sir Anthony Eden who came back from Germany in 1938 with "a piece of paper" and an agreement with Adolf that no war was coming.

Firstly, no I do not remember, in fact I've never heard of this.

Secondly, this might not have been a lie - it could all have been true. I'm not going to go into details but I'll give some simple points: the 'small print' might have said something along the lines of: 'there will be no war in the next 2 months'. Or perhaps it said something like: 'there will be no war based on the existence of cheese'. Get my point? You need to know exactly what the "piece of paper" said.
a.Bird
ninjakannon wrote:
Out of everyone who has said George Bush, the majority who have given a reason have mentioned the Iraq war and nothing else.

If the only thing that Bush had lied about was this then he wouldn't - in my mind - be the biggest liar... It's obvious that Bush has lied, but does that really make him the biggest liar?
I would say that with a word as lacking in specificity as "biggest", the term "biggest liar" is exceptionally open to interpretation and people who don't care to clarify the question have to make an assumption. Personally, I don't think a legal, non-politico living in the United States who lies to his mom every single day about doing his homework deserves such a title as much as a single man who gains support from his country on false terms to move his military into another country, resulting in countless deaths. So in answer to your question, yes, I think Bush Jr.'s actions bump him way above a 4th grader who lies about everything to his mother.
ninjakannon
a.Bird wrote:
ninjakannon wrote:
Out of everyone who has said George Bush, the majority who have given a reason have mentioned the Iraq war and nothing else.

If the only thing that Bush had lied about was this then he wouldn't - in my mind - be the biggest liar... It's obvious that Bush has lied, but does that really make him the biggest liar?
I would say that with a word as lacking in specificity as "biggest", the term "biggest liar" is exceptionally open to interpretation and people who don't care to clarify the question have to make an assumption. Personally, I don't think a legal, non-politico living in the United States who lies to his mom every single day about doing his homework deserves such a title as much as a single man who gains support from his country on false terms to move his military into another country, resulting in countless deaths. So in answer to your question, yes, I think Bush Jr.'s actions bump him way above a 4th grader who lies about everything to his mother.

Yes, I must agree with you on that. However, George Bush Jr. is not the only person who has the power to make the kind of decisions that he has to. There are other people with this, the leaders of every country around the world - the heads of the military etcetera. If you look at the wider picture you realise that Bush Jr. is not the only person [alive today] who has made lies resulting in the deaths of people, some of whom are innocent. Toby Blair, Britain's current Prime Minister made the choice to go into Iraq - lives have been cost as a result of this. Yet he has also had his army deploy troops in Afghanistan and people are being killed over there. I don't know whether much lying has been done over the fighting going on in Afghanistan at the moment, however.

My point is that you must look at the whole picture before jumping the the person who has had so much negative publicity recently. Almost everyone has come up with the two most criticised things (Bush Jr. and the Iraq war) in terms of lies in the media today.
Just because something isn't in the media doesn't mean that it hasn't been lied about.

In fact, the newspapers lie about a hell of a lot; sifting through the trash they publish these days and you're bound to find lies which will affect the majority of the millions of readers the major papers have each day. Perhaps it's actually the editors of these huge newspapers who are the biggest liars? To be honest they are the ones who force politicians to lie more than any other. They in fact have a huge amount of power and wield it in dangerous ways.
I would be happy to, given sufficient evidence, go so far as to say that the editors (and other people with 'power' in the production/broadcasting of the media (all different forms)) are far bigger liars than the politicians. I would also say that the amount of power the papers have is too huge to be allowed to be kept, far too huge - often the papers sway decisions in parliament; and that cannot be good!

So, everyone, what are your thoughts?
izhar_saifi
I think every Politician who is in Power is a biggest liar of the world...Any how GEORGE W BUSH is the right choice... Evil or Very Mad
Dougie1
To be honest, I think president bush is the biggest liar in the world for denying that global warming is destroying the world. If he thinks this he is not smart enough to be president and if he should be president then he is lying and at the same time destroying the planet.
nilsmo
Bush is the biggest liar because he has the biggest power, and everybody lies.
wombatrpgs
izhar_saifi wrote:
I think every Politician who is in Power is a biggest liar of the world...


I think that would probably be correct. If appeal correlates to power and appeal correlates to lies. But then you need to proove that. I don't think that that's true in every situation, but more for the majority...
alkutob
ALostSoul wrote:
George Bush.



yes indeed , he is the biggest
Dwyer17
Our current president

George W. Bush
bigdan
IMHO, this would be a joint title:

95% of the world's politicians and the media.

Both of them lie through their arses and expect us to believe it.
letssee
It would be George Bush because he has to cover the truth for some time as all presidents have to do before releasing the news the public.
baronblod2007
The biggest liar in the world, must and is George W. Bush.
He promises peace, but all he brings is war.
He cannot have a general, or calm discussion. Everything that goes to his head i "Warfare, warfare"

Why cant he just sit down and have a little chat?
Eventually, mabye even talk with terrorists. Dont get me wrong, I am not saying that he should treat scums like they great, but talk.. Like what they want, why theyre doing all that crap.
I know that it is unlightly that the terrorists will even listen, but just give it a try. He promised peace, but gave us war. I wish John Kerry won the election... Rolling Eyes
shwetanshu
George Bush, Pervez Musharraf, Newz Channels
Nameless
I don't think Bush is the world's biggest liar. He's not even the world's biggest idiot. He's just an idiot in over his head, no thanks to the help of one potential for the Biggest Liar in the World: Fox News. -_-
mschnell
Tuxy wrote:
FOX broadcasting comapny... It's not news, its propaganda :s


Definitely! You have to go to Comedy Central to see the liberal side of that coin--and they, at least, don't even pretend it's really a newscast.
wombatrpgs
Which actually you could say a biggest liar is by volume not real importance. Like, look at The Onion. Every single article in there is a lie, but its not made to imitate the truth. Or you could look at tall fiction as lies. Then the author would be a liar. Or is lying defined as trying to appear truthful?
ninjakannon
wombatrpgs wrote:
Or is lying defined as trying to appear truthful?

Lying is the intentional conveying of a falsehood when the truth is known by the individual who is 'lying'.
Or: pretending with intent to deceive.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
OutlawSpirit
i thought George would make it into this thread Laughing
Agent ME
hunnyhiteshseth wrote:
I will also say George W. Bush. But I will also give some support for my statement.

George Bush attacked Iraq on the pretext that Iraq has weapons of mass destruction but not a single weapon of mass destruction was found in Iraq & instead it was USA which used weapons of mass destruction.

WMDs mean things that can take out cities, or whole countries. Like nuclear warheads, chemical weapons, etc, and Saddam Husseing had used chemical weapons in the past, so it's not all that hard to believe Iraq might've had some.

And I don't recall US gassing a city. Worst I heard was they airstriked a building, killed about 15 terrorists, and 1 extra. Don't think airstrikes=WMD.
[FuN]goku
Soulfire wrote:
You tell me why George Bush is a liar, and maybe I'll listen. Just pointing fingers isn't solving anything, or convincing anyone.
Um ... well the majority of politicians lie to make promises that they never end up doing.
skygaia
I think it's not a simple question..
Well .... I don't know who the most liar is in the world. but many people think that most politicains are the most liars...
erlendhg
Me!
No, I lied Razz
I don't have an opinion of the biggest liar, but I agree about George W. Bush beeing a big one!
wombatrpgs
If lying is defined as being intentional misstatement of the truth, I doubt Bush is biggest just because he's probably ignorant. If you shape it to intentional deception, he has a chance. But I'm sure there have been more scandalous liars in history.
ps3vault
Don't be ridicolous. there is no Biggest liar. Only the bigger.......
ninjakannon
ps3vault wrote:
Don't be ridicolous. there is no Biggest liar. Only the bigger.......

I wouldn't call it ridiculous; after all there must be a biggest liar. However, the question is probably better phrased: "Who are the 'bigger' liars?" as this would prompt more debate and provide much better answers. (Namely the media and politicians (who are spured on to lie even more by the media).)
rafifaisal
For sure it has to be George W Bush. He will go in to history as the biggest liar ever.
And you know what/ I think he is proud to be it Laughing

Iraq has Weapons of mass destructions... My ass
eday2010
[FuN]goku wrote:
US: George Bush
Can: Stephen Harper
UK: Tony Blair

Conclusion: Politics Very Happy



So exactly what have Stephen Harper lied about? I haven't heard of any broken promises yet. Unlike the two Prime Ministers before him, who broke almost every promise they made more than once.

My vote for Biggest Liar in the World is Michael Moore. They don't get much bigger than that grubby, greasy, sweaty, 400-pound porker slob Very Happy
Vrythramax
I'd say Bill Gates.....he produces a workable beta version of his software and sells it worlwide over the shelf....then deals with the bug reports that come in afterwards.

How much money can one person have without it becoming illegal?
ninjakannon
Vrythramax wrote:
I'd say Bill Gates.....he produces a workable beta version of his software and sells it worlwide over the shelf....then deals with the bug reports that come in afterwards.

But that's not a lie... In fact I'm sure he'd argue that that's the best way to BETA test such a massive operating system. Microsoft will get so many bug/error reports that they will arguably be able to pass the BETA stage far quicker than using any other method. Also, updates will be downloaded over the net for free - so he's not even cheating anyone out of their money.

What's wrong with that?
wombatrpgs
eday2010 wrote:
[FuN]goku wrote:
US: George Bush
Can: Stephen Harper
UK: Tony Blair

Conclusion: Politics Very Happy


My vote for Biggest Liar in the World is Michael Moore. They don't get much bigger than that grubby, greasy, sweaty, 400-pound porker slob Very Happy


Or you could be supporting the trend and say liars are those with a political agenda.
Vrythramax
ninjakannon wrote:
Vrythramax wrote:
I'd say Bill Gates.....he produces a workable beta version of his software and sells it worlwide over the shelf....then deals with the bug reports that come in afterwards.

But that's not a lie... In fact I'm sure he'd argue that that's the best way to BETA test such a massive operating system. Microsoft will get so many bug/error reports that they will arguably be able to pass the BETA stage far quicker than using any other method. Also, updates will be downloaded over the net for free - so he's not even cheating anyone out of their money.

What's wrong with that?


Thank you ninjakannon, but there is something essentially wrong with releasing a beta product....I don't know if you remember the Philosopher Princess or not....but she was my main beta tester....and when I couldn't write something that passed her judgement...it never saw the light of day.

No matter hom much work went into it.

I miss her. Sad
LostOverThere
Top 3 Most Biggest Liars Ever

1) George W. Bush
2) Hitler
3) Today Tonight
Vrythramax
LostOverThere wrote:
Top 3 Most Biggest Liars Ever

1) George W. Bush
2) Hitler
3) Today Tonight


So by "today tonight" you mean you and I are the greatest liars?

Cool.....I can't even get qouted in almost 2500 posts. Razz
reddishblue
Um Today Tonight is a boring Australian pseudo-news program that mainly busts scammers
And the worlds biggest liar is the person who will post next
alwom
ROFL , thats cute
alwom
I cant say weather George Bush is a lier or not cause i dont follow him much, but i know the church people all rallied to put a murderer in office, it saddens me to see that hes sending 20,000 or mor troups over, thats sad were just going to have more fatherless children, mor husbandless wives and mor wifeless husbands and more families hurt and torn apart. i personaly believe that the blood of every dead soldier, cavillian and others will be on bushes hands in the judgement,

Dont get me wrong im pround of the men and woman who keep us free, but our comander and chief uses bad judgement with who he picks on.

Bigest Liar not shore, Biggest murderer of the century yes.
wombatrpgs
Well, if the Church rallied to put him in offense knowing full well a tendency to be aggressive, (Just remember a while back a news story about him being overly offensive in Risk!) then I guess the Church could be considerred liars... Remember the middle ages when there was a huge lying echelon at the top that was so drasticaly different from what the intention of that institution is supposed to be...
chris20
In my ambiguous opinion, I believe that it is mostly probable that for to have an angry face is to be happy and of having lying face. In this conclusion, I have conjured up the belief of having that who lies is the most at fault, and that that person can only be and cease to exist, IF their name is Dick Cheney.

Thanks.
ninjakannon
Vrythramax wrote:
Thank you ninjakannon, but there is something essentially wrong with releasing a beta product....I don't know if you remember the Philosopher Princess or not....but she was my main beta tester....and when I couldn't write something that passed her judgement...it never saw the light of day.

No matter hom much work went into it.

I miss her. Sad

I see your point, although I would agree that it is slightly morally wrong you must surely understand that it's not a lie of any sort - which was my main point.

And yes, I do remember The Philosopher Princess, she was a great character. I'm pleased to see that you BETA tested your products in a less controversial way (even though I'm not against Bill Gates decision) than Microsoft.
xyberz
It's not a single person but an entity. I'm pretty sure will agree with me when I say that it's the United States of America. Lying to the world, getting caught lying through their teeth, and still insisting on lying.

I live in the ol U.S. of A. so don't think I'm just some foreigner saying this.
Wrath
My brother is a very bad liar. Just about every word that comes out of his mouth is just crap! then I would say Bush...... after my brother Rolling Eyes
hunnyhiteshseth
Agent ME wrote:

WMDs mean things that can take out cities, or whole countries. Like nuclear warheads, chemical weapons, etc, and Saddam Husseing had used chemical weapons in the past, so it's not all that hard to believe Iraq might've had some.

And I don't recall US gassing a city. Worst I heard was they airstriked a building, killed about 15 terrorists, and 1 extra. Don't think airstrikes=WMD.


Laughing First see what you are writing.
Firstly, No single bomb in this world can destroy whole country leave aside countries.
Secondly, if Iraq had used chemical weapons so had USA used nuclear weapons.
Thirdly, the pretext of attack was not that Iraq used WMDs but it posses WMDs. So, if USA has WMDs then it should be attacked & Bush be hanged. Since even USA admits it has WMDs so Bush should be hanged.

And lastly, you dont recall USA gassing a city, but I think you might remember USA nuking 2 countries & worse, making even their current generation suffer.
jon9314
It's hardly surprising that the suggestions so far are politicians, politicians, politicians. I would say that politicians aren't actually the biggest liars, in fact they don't lie very often at all. Most of the time they step around questions and come up with 'clever' answers which don't actually lie but don't tell the truth either.

It's not all their fault though. If a politician tells the truth the they'll get jumped on and squashed by the media - possibly even loose their job if the journalists and newspaper editors want it. It's these people who really control countries; they have the majority of the population held captive at their every word and could quite easily - I'm sure - start a civil war after a month of provoking front page headlines.
If a politician [or celebrity, or anyone the editor doesn't like] does something that the editor of a newspaper doesn't like then they'll get beaten to a pulp by them. And the truth is something that newspapers seem to hide the most. I say everyone should stop buying newspapers to put some of the companies to shame (not to mention bankruptcy) and show them that we want the truth.
Anticollie
a.Bird wrote:
ninjakannon wrote:
Out of everyone who has said George Bush, the majority who have given a reason have mentioned the Iraq war and nothing else.

If the only thing that Bush had lied about was this then he wouldn't - in my mind - be the biggest liar... It's obvious that Bush has lied, but does that really make him the biggest liar?
I would say that with a word as lacking in specificity as "biggest", the term "biggest liar" is exceptionally open to interpretation and people who don't care to clarify the question have to make an assumption. Personally, I don't think a legal, non-politico living in the United States who lies to his mom every single day about doing his homework deserves such a title as much as a single man who gains support from his country on false terms to move his military into another country, resulting in countless deaths. So in answer to your question, yes, I think Bush Jr.'s actions bump him way above a 4th grader who lies about everything to his mother.


I definitely agree with this post. This supports my mindset all throught reading this thread.

Anticollie.
soulman
Mr George Bush, no doubt he is the biggest lair in this very universe.
tom69
Bush is my number one, president of Israel is number two and three is...


My sister Wink
varon
Muhammad Ali. for saying "I'm the greatest." XD

(Sorry to any of his fans, but that's just egotistical and I don't like him very much. XDXD)
datter
The bigget liar in the world... is me.


















I'm lying of course.
tijn01
The media in general is full of propaganda especially Current Affair type shows....
but George W would have to be the winner with his little tale of WMD's wouldn't he???
I saw a cartoon the other day it said 'What if Suddam Hussains' Weapon of Mass Destruction was George W Bush?'
I thought that was sooooo funny!
T3k-Ni9e
I think the guy down the street from me is the biggest liar Smile
jevimacs
Gloria Macapagal Arroyo Philippine President
ninjakannon
I would be obliged, chasbeen, if you would be so kind as to change the title of this topic to: "Who is the biggest liar in the world? And Why?" Or something along those lines, just to prompt people to explain themselves when they answer instead of just posting a name.
Gitesh
sonia gandhi is the leader in india and is considered biggest lier in India.
Related topics
IRAN'S MILITANT STUDENTS TO SEIZE BRITISH EMBASSY
terrorism in israel
[OFFICIAL] World Cup 2006
World of Warcraft movie
The World Cup and New Nationalism
The Middle East Conflict
The better Part of the world and Al Quida
China's economy - crash imminent?
Japan urges world to cut emissions 50% by 2050
Second Biggest Dog... big enough.
Wolfowitz 'tried to censor World Bank on climate change'
FIFA Women's World Cup
The biggest hole in the world
China to build the World's Biggest Airport O_O
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> General -> General Chat

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.