FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

500,000 posts

Bondings
And some *very* good news, we finally reached half a million posts on Frihost! This finally classifies us as a big board (I'll try to get listed there). Thanks goes to all members of Frihost who made this possible. And not to forget the great staff members as without them this wouldn't have been possible.

And now, let's celebrate and then a million posts by 2008! Dancing
Blu_Spykz
Congratulations (founder) and all.

I'd like to say that Frihost could easily be the best (free hosting) service available - so thank you for that.

Hopefully I will contribute a good number of posts towards the millionth mark.

b l u s p y k z
Crazy_Canuck
Wow! That's phenomenal! Congratulations, and I must say as a newbie, you run an impressive community here. Keep up the good work!
a.Bird
Hoorah! Let's drink! (Legally and responsibly, of course.Wink)
Blaster
Yea for bondings. 4110 posts goes to me of course. Very Happy And it was even done on my frihost birtday Very Happy
Rako
you have 24668 registered users if all those users have hosting thats 4933.6Gb How much space do you really have? obviously the compolsery posting is working and you can see that by the post count and the amount of hosting CONGRATS.
BlockUp
In the worlds of Homer Simpson: Woohoo!
hsadmin
WOW! Yes, people, let's see if we can reach 1,000,000 QUALITY posts by 2008! If not, then by FEBRUAARY 2008. How many frih$ does that equal then?
william
Wow, we finally did it. I was closely observing the post counts since January 8, and I'm glad that we successfully made half a million posts. At the rate Frihost is growing, we probably will be able to reach a million posts by the year 2008.

Congratulations to Bondings, the staff, and the member's of Frihost!
garionw
Well Done!!!!

And another question relating to space - How much space do theses forums take up - I'm guessing somewhere between 250mb - 500mb
xorcist
Rako wrote:
you have 24668 registered users if all those users have hosting thats 4933.6Gb How much space do you really have? obviously the compolsery posting is working and you can see that by the post count and the amount of hosting CONGRATS.

Ya but not everyone has hosting and just post because they want to plus there are two servers
arkebuzer
Congratulations to Bondings, and all the staff. But most of all, a big gratz to all us members Wink
Lets hope FriHost will keep growing and improving Very Happy
pashmina
Congratulation Bondings
You must be feeling very greats today. I hope our boards sets a record at the top position on big-boards.com
Anyways many many congratulations...
SpellcasterDX
Congratulations to Bondings and all of FriHost! 540 of those 500,000 posts are mine, so without them this mark wouldn't have happened. Razz

Anyway, it's awesome that FriHost reached half a million posts in a little more than 1 year. I hope we get to 1 million posts in 2008. Smile
MYP415
Congratulations... that is really quite an accomplishment. Next step: 25000 members Very Happy
glenn83e
wow that is soo cool. congrats everyone... let's keep on posting
madsencarl
Oh sweet! Congrats to all who contributed to this huge milestone!

Hopefully we can beat "Gaia Online" which is number one on that big boards link. Their stats:

Members:

Shocked
garionw
Who posted the 500,000th message - maybe a there could be a little tip for them Wink
standready
Congratulations Bondings and staff for putting together this system. Congrats to all the members here as well.
Given the growing membership, one million post should be easy to reach before 2008.
Scorpio
As a member of frihost having benefited from their hosting, I would like to extend my best wishes for the further growth and development of this wonderful host.

*A toast to frihost and to Bondings*
hlavco
I say ya done a great jorb.

Keep up... whatever it is you're doing up there. It seems to be working.
ashok
a.Bird wrote:
Hoorah! Let's drink! (Legally and responsibly, of course.Wink)

Laughing
GameFreak
Brilliant! Absolutely brilliant! I love Frihost!
Aless
Goodness! That's a lot of posts in a short amount of time. This is definitely one of the most active places I've ever visited, so I'm not too surprised.
vynes18
Cheers to frihost

Finally reached 500'000 posts, let us keep going to 1million posts.
Gambadea.
sonam
Wow 5 Very Happy Very Happy , Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy posts! Great! Congratulations...

Sonam
saratdear
So, 500,000 posts, eh? Shocked
Wish I could create a site that would be that popular. I wish to congratulate Bondings and the other staff here for having this remarkable achievement and keeping this forum relatively spam free.
A big thumbs up! Wink
erlendhg
Blu_Spykz wrote:

I'd like to say that Frihost could easily be the best (free hosting) service available - so thank you for that.

b l u s p y k z

I think Frihost is the best free hosting service avilable Very Happy Or else I would not be here Smile
ocalhoun
garionw wrote:

And another question relating to space - How much space do theses forums take up - I'm guessing somewhere between 250mb - 500mb

A lot more than that; If I remember right, I once read here that the database alone is several GB.
paploch
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy sweet
squirrelmaster
garionw wrote:
Who posted the 500,000th message - maybe a there could be a little tip for them Wink

yeah, i'd think they would like to know that they were the one that made us reach half a million Wink
ReubenWilliams
yeah I'm sure the compulsory posting is a merely incidental factor Wink still it's really a good website, with pretty high quality services. Its a good acheivement. Now if we could only harness the linked collective consiouness and turn it to some kind of political or economic goal Wink
Manofgames
well done bondings Very Happy

'forum with over 1/2 milion posts' is good on the resume Very Happy

congrats, job well done
hopingtragedy
Congratulations everyone!!
Alias
Well... all I have to say is congratulations to you Bondings keep up the good work. Smile

Also, congratulations to all members of FriHost including myself because this would not happen without us. Wink

Cheers!
Captain Fertile
Well done everyone.

To the members for posting, to the mods for keeping it running smoothly and to a high standard and to Bondings for coming up with a great concept.

***Does solo mexican wave in tribute***
Yjaxygames
Great! 500.000 posts...how many pages of posts would that be? Let's make it 1000000 posts before 2008. If we fail, I'll do it myself.
loyal
i'm scared! First frihost has 500,000 posts. What's next? ruling the world?! *hides under bed*

lol congratulations everyone!

may God bless you all!
darrenpaul
Well done to everyone at frihost! Staff and Bondings!

Congrats!
ALostSoul
Cheers to that!
frozenhead
Great job on Bondings and staff. Keep it up! Wink
rightclickscott
I contributed with my less-than-one-percent of the posts. Then again, the Daily Guess A Number Game, started and poorly run by me, has certianly done it's fair share of posting.
Marston
w00t.
inferno2211
Congratulations! This site deserves it.
LukeakaDanish
Rako wrote:

Solution: Most people don't use all their space...(I personally use around 10%). Also i would say only around 50% of members have hosting (complete guess)

CONGRATULATIONS TO FRIHOST AND STEVE B.!
DynamicNames
Wow, that's sweet! Good job on getting the users to get 500,000 posts here, since you are the owner and founder of this board. Hopefully Frihost gets more active after, or if you put Frihost in the Big-Boards directory. I'm sure that alot of people looking for forums to post on will be happy to join this place, considering that they get free website/webpages, hosted by Frihost.

Good luck on a million posts.
mayank_abhishek
Wow!! It feels great to have joined a forum, with half a million posts!! This is really fabulous!! And, what is better is the feeling that with a single click of my mouse Thousands of people can hear me speak!! Very Happy

- Mayank
dac_nip
wow..amazing.. Very Happy
Hogwarts
I have far too much time on my hands.

I've posted 454 times on frihost. This being my 455th

Exactly 20 of my posts have been deleted, when either I've deleted them or the entire thread has been deleted

I've made 56 threads on frihost.

In my 56 threads, there has been a total of 1170 posts.

Therefore, the average amount of posts in each of my threads is 20.89285714.

The thead of mine which has had the most posts is Sleep Less to Get More Out of Life, on 425 posts. It is the longest topic in the Philosophy and Religion forum. It is 15 pages long, and was my first featured topic.

I was the first person to post in the new Film Making and Graphics forum.

I have had one of my topics stickied, [Guide] How to set up domains with Directadmin - Godaddy

0.09% of all topics on frihost are by me, while 0.234% of all posts on frihost have been in my topics. Therefore, around 1 in 500 posts is in my topics.

Actually, I'm quite proud of my accomplishments here, now that I look back through all my posts Smile

Dancing Dancing Dancing Keep up the good work people! Good job Bondings, the staff, and the rest of us people at frihost! Dancing Dancing Dancing
Rosanova
Hi there,

Congrats for the half million to Bondings and the rest of the staff, and not even to forget the members who has posted. We are now going for the next step.

Cheers! Everyone
Lilystock
Bondings wrote:
And some *very* good news, we finally reached half a million posts on Frihost! This finally classifies us as a big board (I'll try to get listed there).

Congratulations everyone...

but I have one stupid question: why is it good to be a big board?
I mean an old board can have a million posts and still not necessarally very active...

I would have thought that a successful board is just one with a big community and that's all...
Runescapetown
Whoo ye, nice 500k posts, thats kind of awesome if you think about it.

Keep up the stuff Very Happy
Prabhu Raj
Congrats
LostOverThere
What? By 2008?

I'd say this topic alone will get you to the 1 Million Posts Bondings. Surprised
ninjakannon
squirrelmaster wrote:
garionw wrote:

yeah, i'd think they would like to know that they were the one that made us reach half a million Wink

I typed in this URL (http://www.frihost.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=500000) into my address bar and had a look at the topic.
As far as I can see either jwellsy or chrismen got the 500,000th post.

I've been looking at the total posts on Frihost for a while now waiting for them to get to half a million. WUUU! Now they have! Very Happy

If everyone spams like crazy we could get to 1,000,000 in a few months. Razz Then again, maybe that's not such a good idea... Cool

I was having a look at that Big Boards website and some of the forums are manic! One single board got a massive 6.7 million posts just last week! OMG! Razz Only two boards listed on there managed over one million posts in a week; it's quite likely in fact that those were the only two boards in the world to get over 1 million posts last week. Very impressive.

Anyway, Congratulations to FRIHOST, Bondings, the Team of Mods and Admins and everyone who helped get to the BIG [half way] mark!!
fernandohcardoso
Bondings wrote:
And some *very* good news, we finally reached half a million posts on Frihost! This finally classifies us as a big board (I'll try to get listed there). Thanks goes to all members of Frihost who made this possible. And not to forget the great staff members as without them this wouldn't have been possible.

Bom Eu Gostei
Josso
Awesome news, I knew it was getting quite large ^^
littletomi714
Congrats FriHost! I'm proud to be part of this elite group of web hosting! Smile
xkobram
madsencarl wrote:

Hopefully we can beat "Gaia Online" which is number one on that big boards link. Their stats:

Members:

Shocked

You cant compare with it... this is mainly hosting forum. just imagine if their 5 milions users had such nice webhosting like this... imagine that servers...
Donutey
Congrats FriHost.

Donutey = .16% of all the posts on Frihost. Rolling Eyes
peaceninja
congratulations to everyone! who was the lucky 500,000th post? There should be a prize for the person who is the millionth post!
ywc1818
Congratulations Laughing to Frihost! We will support you all the way to 1 million posts! I come here everyday (or even every 12 hours) and check on the forum. Everytime I find new topic to write on. I can say that FRIHOST forum is the greatest forum I've ever seen at all, and so do its web hosting service. I love FRIHOST so much! Support you , Frihost.
dz9c
who did 500k? thats my goal by the end of the day! i deserve a medal. maybe 2
SonLight
Congratulations to Frihosters for contributing to a successful site. I'm sure getting listed on the big boards site will help us attract more viewers and posters. What I think is more important, though, is to keep up the good work with meaningful posts, so we can qualify for a listing on quality-posts dot com (probably not a real site, but it should be)!

Let's all continue with the quality threads that will interest people in staying on the site a while, and lead to server 3 being added soon!
Hogwarts
SonLight wrote:
Congratulations to Frihosters for contributing to a successful site. I'm sure getting listed on the big boards site will help us attract more viewers and posters. What I think is more important, though, is to keep up the good work with meaningful posts, so we can qualify for a listing on quality-posts dot com (probably not a real site, but it should be)!

Let's all continue with the quality threads that will interest people in staying on the site a while, and lead to server 3 being added soon!

That reminds me...

Now that this is a big board, will the price for being in the Directory go up? Razz
Tumbleweed
Congratulations to all the FriHost community Very Happy
Daniel15
500,000 posts... Amazing! This is definately a milestone for FriHost (we're a Big Board now!) Very Happy
I'm looking forward to 5,000,000 posts now Razz
ashen
Amazing!
Frihost community is getting bigger now. Congratulation! Very Happy
Utopia GFR
500.000 + posts is an outstanding result and proves that the Frihosting concept went like a dream Very Happy

As long as the free hosting service keeps on going for the forthcoming years, I dont see why things should plunge Smile

I will keep on posting and not only for compulsory purposes but because there's a great community down here and so many cool topics to chat about together Smile

Lol about the special price granted to the millionth lucky poster, should Steve double his amount of free space storage and rise it to 500 MB? Very Happy

Nah, if so, it wouldn't be fair for all the other frihosters Smile

Anyways, congratulations and let's hope we'll do better this year Mr. Green
exarkun
Congrats! Yahooo!!! Shocked Shocked

Half a million!? That is freaking awesome, nice job and hard work to everyone! Razz
secret_soul
Wahey! That's amazing. I'm so impressed! Good work everyone *pats on back*
jongoldsz
Congrats everyone.

I just have one question, is it 500,000 without spam posts or with spam posts?
Bengt
Really wonderful. And just, it looks soooo much Smile

Frihost for president Laughing !
insolent1
Congratulations. I think the posts are not unnecessary posts.
Frihost are getting the biggest . Very Happy
Teddy1
Congratulations to everyone who founded FriHost and everyone who has contributed towards the succession of this site. I would like to thank everyone at FriHost for their wonderful service and i would like to say there shall be no problem reaching the top! Very Happy
alecktrl
[img]http://tkfiles.storage.msn.com/x1pjzF2-RYhxRVd1MEBAHX-izI4hjCqMJnL_x-6IDB8ICLn8dJz_mC3r3l2dnqs-nev9yL2VNcVWfBcVAF_xkAhNo6lHFLgxb8oHAJKSt7OtiL4qG9McEPEyA[/img]
[img]http://tkfiles.storage.msn.com/x1pjzF2-RYhxRVd1MEBAHX-i08-TvVr7qeDURJ9xvigi137ecSKUQkrulltDFrNDjv_grqmkfU4HyXjVtqfjCE-QKZJI9Idcnhr88dMml-sbR4[/img]
Droop
Bondings wrote:

I cant believe that, that's allot of posts. So what's the goal 1mill or smethin hah would be fun to see. anywho happy posting guys keep up the good work and servers for us Smile -Droop
Qube
Who was the milestone hitter?
jwellsy.
Hover over the little page icon on here.
500k!
Though through this method, it counts deleted posts...
So I'm not sure who the real winner is.

I've been pretty dead on the forums.
Sorry ppl.
I fear I'm gonna lose my hosting if I keep at this rate.
And my site is barely starting to pickup. Sad
I'll try my hardest to get back in the game.
For now I'm content with getting outta negative pts.

PS: Congratz to everyone who made this possible, and especially Bondings for hosting such an enthralling board.
Diablosblizz
Congrats Frihost, half a mill, thats really great! Congrats to all that helped!
andrewdesign
Bondings wrote:

That's Awesome is back and getting ready for the new season! The first episode will air September 22nd so be sure to tell all your friends. A few of the upcoming segments from the new season are That's Awesome News, interviews with the cast of Arrested Development, and Chopsticks. Also, a new website design is under production and should be completed in the next few weeks.
Scott
Awesome stuff! I'm glad frihost has lasted so long. Woo.
bri4n5
As I always said frihost rocks!!!! Congratulationz!!!
ninjakannon
jongoldsz wrote:
I just have one question, is it 500,000 without spam posts or with spam posts?

Umm... It's 500,000 posts on the whole forum; lots of spam posts are deleted by the moderators but the ones which aren't are obviously counted in the total here. How would they be excluded?
rajhank
Another Sort of Record for Bondings.

Gr8 Bondings, a toast from my side. Silenced

Enjoy !!!
reddishblue
madsencarl wrote:

Members:

Shocked

I'll start right now Twisted Evil No really great job everyone!!!
bluecradle
when meebo.com reached its 500,000th member, they gave him a t-shirt Shocked can we know who posted the 500kth so we could atleast congratulate the fellow Very Happy
Bondings
Bluecradle and others who asked about the 500K post, as there are quite some posts removed, it is not simply the post with number 500.000. As I wasn't online when it happened so I don't know the actual user. And yes I guess I can make an sql query to check for it, but it's not worth all the time and trouble I guess. Wink

Unfortunately those special number members/posts are usually not active/quality members, but most of the time a not-activated account, one-time poster or similar.
twisthigh
Nice good work people, that's a lot of post when you think about it, but then again it is mandatory to keep our sites running.
ninjakannon
madsencarl wrote:

Members:

That forum gets 29 posts a second... Seriously, it's probably the bigest forum in the whole world. They have almost one million posts a day! Shocked

The most users they've ever had online is 86,738.
They're now up to:
Members:

Wow! Just, WOW!
SirDuncan
Great news..... let's go for de million...
Dwarf666
that's really cool, just this post will be pratically enough to reach the million!! Cool
fadirocks
ok when we reach a million we need start pruning hehe
BTW how big is your DB?
ninjakannon
fadirocks wrote:
BTW how big is your DB?

Good question, I was thinking the same but I never ask these questions. My only experience of forum database size is my own, which had a grand total of... Just over 2000 posts [yey!] and I've wondered how large they actually get.
smokey4life
Thats awesome!! All tho it kinda makes one think that there are so many users and yet it can be somewhat difficult to get help here...Thats anywhere you go tho i love it here Wink
garionw
Bondings wrote:
Bluecradle and others who asked about the 500K post, as there are quite some posts removed, it is not simply the post with number 500.000. As I wasn't online when it happened so I don't know the actual user. And yes I guess I can make an sql query to check for it, but it's not worth all the time and trouble I guess. Wink

Unfortunately those special number members/posts are usually not active/quality members, but most of the time a not-activated account, one-time poster or similar.

I would write you one up Bondings, but I can't be bothered at the moment!

fadirocks wrote:
BTW how big is your DB?

I asked that on page 1 and ocalhoun said that he said that he once read that the database alone is several GB

Backups must take forever!
quex
And I still don't even have a site yet. ;_;

Oh well, the forums ARE fun. ^^;
agus
Congratulations!!
babumuchhala
HURRRAH!!!!

Finally in the big league.

And why think we will reach a million by 08 why not by christmas this year or maybe even faster Razz

Anyways its been a great journey from Day 1 (it was Day 31 or something of frihost when I joined), and hope the dream run continues
baronblod2007
Thats a whole lot of posts Shocked
When do you expect it to reach 1 million?
ninjakannon
babumuchhala wrote:
And why think we will reach a million by 08 why not by christmas this year or maybe even faster Razz

What a Christmas present that would be for Frihost! Very Happy

We might actually get there, as this site is constantly gaining members now and I can't see any reason why the rate of new members could decrease.

Remember everyone: Pass It On! (In other words, tell you friends - spread the word).
suntzu3500
One million posts by 08'! W00T... excellent goal. Very Happy
BluHorizon
Ok guys we have had our fun celbrating the posts that we have made in the padt but we need to keep going and put alot more posts so that we can turn this and maybe get 2 million posts by 2008. So lets push everyhting to the limit, keep your poins positive and get the posts to the sky that is not our limit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
shwetanshu
awesome... how long for 1 million?? Wink
Insanity
To be honest, I seriously did not think FriHost would've lasted that long, given my experience with past post-to-host services... It has far exceeded my expectations, so congrats! Very Happy
Daniel15
Quote:
I asked that on page 1 and ocalhoun said that he said that he once read that the database alone is several GB

I'm not sure of the exact number, but I'm sure it's very big. I wonder if Bondings will tell us the exact number? Smile

Quote:

I believe that Bondings does off-site backups, so that would increase the time even more (don't quote me on this - I'm not exactly sure)
arjay
My congratulations for hoping to make it to the Big Board. Smile

Let us not forget that Frihost forum does not only have ‘posts’, but mostly, quality posts and that is the big difference. The short time that the 500,000 bench mark was achieved is remarkable. Most of the Big Board listers are almost online for decades and that is the main reason they were able to amass such number of posts. Aside from that, most of their posts are one-liners similar to chat. One may even ask oneself, are the posters posting or chatting? If you will observe keenly, most of their posts will land in the spam category of Frihost. How about suggesting a new title of Big Spam Boards instead? That is the lighter side of it … Smile

As an example, look at the great posts of The Princess Philosopher. Her one post may consume as much as five pages. If you will break her post into one-liner posts that’s maybe 10,000 ‘posts’. So, using a one-liner technique may bring a forum to the Big Board in a short period, BUT… are those one-liners really post? At Frihost, the quality of the post counts more than the number and that set Frihost apart from the ordinary Big Boards listers.

If Frihost will be included in the Big Boards then, maybe and probably, it will be the only forum that will banner the quality of the posts rather than just mere numbers.

For an honest and personal opinion, I would still rather look forward for more quality posts rather than number fillers.

Congratulations once more to the owner, staff, and each member. Your efforts did it all… Applause
Commando_Sondre
Horay! FriHost is the best free hosting in the world, and the forums is one of the best I know about. Lets keep it that way.
lukeropro
Congrats to frihost for the achievement! It's been like 2 years? since frihost started and we've reached half a million posts! Let's aim for 1 million posts in 1 year! Thanks to everyone who contributed to the quality posts!!
OutlawSpirit
500,000 posts Shocked thats crazy, good tho!
murtazahh
Very Happy Very Happy Wow, thats alot of posts
Soltair
This community is thriving and this is all for the better!

It helps to exchange ideas. It's a great website which allows a lot of discussion. Wink

Keep up the good work!
Vimor
500,000 posts...... boggles my freaking head. Thats amazing.... I've never actually seen a free web hosting forum get that many posts.
sbel
Vimor wrote:
500,000 posts...... boggles my freaking head. Thats amazing.... I've never actually seen a free web hosting forum get that many posts.

i was surprised too. Until i saw what we're listed with at big-boards. Gaia Online has 908002227 posts.
Vimor
Yea but Gaia Online is an actual game. This is mostly a Free Web Hosting forum so there is a big difference.
shamil
Congratulations.
saratdear
Just a little proof of how fast Frihost is growing and how fast the posts are adding up :-

I was away for 3 days, because of upcoming exams and, when I clicked on "View posts since last visit",

Shocked
Josso
Daniel15 wrote:
Quote:

I'm not sure of the exact number, but I'm sure it's very big. I wonder if Bondings will tell us the exact number? Smile

Quote:

I believe that Bondings does off-site backups, so that would increase the time even more (don't quote me on this - I'm not exactly sure)

Last time I asked this Bondings told me the SQL backup was "roughly 500mb" if I remember correctly.
tiffanydodah
What do i have to do in order to get a web page. i am trying to crate a site for my daughter. i have family all over the country and i want to make a site so everyone can see how she is and how big she is getting. plus is there a way i can link videos and what not to the site for all to see her doin funny things?
tiffanydodah
i am new and so i wanted everyone HEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYY WHATs UP. I am Chris. and this was set up for my daughter hense the tiffanydoday name. lol. i love that little girl
ninjakannon
tiffanydodah wrote:
What do i have to do in order to get a web page. i am trying to crate a site for my daughter. i have family all over the country and i want to make a site so everyone can see how she is and how big she is getting. plus is there a way i can link videos and what not to the site for all to see her doin funny things?

You've posted in the wrong place. You need to create a new topic for something like this.

However, you should have read the requirements and it would be fairly obvious, I would have thought - I worked it out along with thousands of others. I recommend reading the initial guide; also have a look at the Tearms of Service (TOS) and the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ).

Once you have the required minimum of 5 quality posts and 10 points you will need to apply for hosting via your Account page; it's always best to get more posts and points than this in my opinion (you're more likely to be hosted). If you are successful then you will get your web space. After this you should ask further questions in either the Web Hosting Support or the Frihost Support forums.

Now, back on topic!
blueboy
Awsome!
zjosie729
Congratulations. So it's an average of 50 post per person... I'm sure some has only a few posts while others (like me) has many.
duckling
it is not a big number for FriHost i think. there should be a million of posts because FriHost is a really big site.
skygaia
Congratulation....

It's very good news to reach half a million posts on Frihost.
I just make posts on Frihost to keep my web account. But sometimes I would find out very useful and funny posts ..
Vrythramax
ocalhoun wrote:
garionw wrote:

A lot more than that; If I remember right, I once read here that the database alone is several GB.

Possibly you are correct...but you must factor in all the posts that have been canned that still remain in the DB after everything. We do not just delete posts of low, or no qaulity.....we place them in the spamecan. Plus you also have to factor in all of the image graphics used and also the custom graphics.

It all adds up quickly. Smile
Bondings
On the server, the database takes almost 700MB, the sql file should be a bit less, but comparable. The gzipped sql file takes 170MB. And yes it takes a while to download - the generation is pretty fast actually if done from the command line - just a few minutes to generate the sql file and the same to gzip it. Downloading takes an hour for me.
Manofgames
did you mean spamcan max?
do old posts get pruned, or is that db all of frihosts posts ever?
jds10912
what/who was the 500,000th post?
sorry if it was already answered, i dont really feel like reading through multiple pages of posts to try and find it right now, please forgive me
Vrythramax
Manofgames wrote:
did you mean spamcan max?
do old posts get pruned, or is that db all of frihosts posts ever?

You would have to adress Bondings to be sure if old posts are indeed pruned, but I don't believe they are.

Please forgive my mispelling of "Spamcan"....I was typing too fast and I am my own spell checker. Sad

I apologize for any confusion.
missgothika
Bondings wrote:

that's huuuuge. so i'm the number 600,000 by now, right??.. lol. Congratulations guys!!
ninjakannon
There have been just over 7500 posts since this topic was posted - that's taken 10 days. That means that FriHost gets around 750 posts a day, which isn't enough to get us to 1,000,000 by 2008. In fact, it would take 133 days to get another 100,000.

Now that looks wrong, somehow. I'm sure I've done my sums right, but I could swear that FriHost accumulates posts faster than that.

Am I right?
garionw
ninjakannon wrote:
There have been just over 7500 posts since this topic was posted - that's taken 10 days. That means that FriHost gets around 750 posts a day, which isn't enough to get us to 1,000,000 by 2008. In fact, it would take 133 days to get another 100,000.

Now that looks wrong, somehow. I'm sure I've done my sums right, but I could swear that FriHost accumulates posts faster than that.

Am I right?

Nope, you got that right, It also means it will take 666 (Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil ) days to reach 1 million posts which is around 1.8 years (1 Year 9 Months) - Which is about right considering Frihost opened April '05 (Correct me if I'm wrong Wink) and it's been 1 Year 6 Months since it opened - Which means we *hopefully* can get 1 Million posts by 2009!

Quote:
On the server, the database takes almost 700MB, the sql file should be a bit less, but comparable. The gzipped sql file takes 170MB. And yes it takes a while to download - the generation is pretty fast actually if done from the command line - just a few minutes to generate the sql file and the same to gzip it. Downloading takes an hour for me.

Wow... Didn't see that one coming - I was thinking of 500,000 posts at around 4kb each which is 4mb every 1000 posts so that makes 40mb for 100,000 posts and finally 200mb for 500,000 posts. But I'm not sure if that post count, counts the Spam Can as well. But it compresses well Laughing
Daniel15
Quote:
Which is about right considering Frihost opened April '05

I think that's right... I joined around July 2005, when the forum was still small Wink.

Quote:
Wow... Didn't see that one coming - I was thinking of 500,000 posts at around 4kb each which is 4mb every 1000 posts so that makes 40mb for 100,000 posts and finally 200mb for 500,000 posts. But I'm not sure if that post count, counts the Spam Can as well. But it compresses well

Sure, but you need to also consider all the other database tables (like the members table). Also, the size of the index needs to be added to that (I'm not sure but I think it may have a fulltext index for the search).
furtasacra
Hooray for FriHost!

I'm not even taking advantage of the hosting yet, but I've been posting here because it's a good community; nearly everyone I've encountered here has been friendly, helpful, and/or entertaining.

There's an occasional stupid post, but nowhere NEAR as many as you find on a lot of boards, and that makes reading and posting in these forums a lot more enjoyable.

So congratulations to everyone who has contributed! Including me Wink
mstreet
Congradulations Frihosters.
I really appreciate the service that you provide. It has really helped me throughout the year.
Jeff_vella_leone
Nice Bondings and the rest of the stuff
great work
This is the best free host on the web
keep it up
ps3vault
Let me try to help you. My post get you closer to 1 mil Laughing
ninjakannon
garionw wrote:
ninjakannon wrote:

Am I right?

Nope, you got that right, It also means it will take 666 (Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil ) days to reach 1 million posts which is around 1.8 years (1 Year 9 Months) - Which is about right considering Frihost opened April '05 (Correct me if I'm wrong Wink) and it's been 1 Year 6 Months since it opened - Which means we *hopefully* can get 1 Million posts by 2009!

The thing is, the number of posts per day would have started out really slowly and there wouldn't have even been 100 per day. But as the number of members has increased the so has, quite obviously, the number of posts. Thus, you would expect the number of posts per day to rise faster with the higher number of users FriHost has. I would have thought that the number of active users would continue to rise, however it hasn't - it appears to have just about stabilised, although it could still be slowly rising, I'm not sure. Anyway, there would have been a good few months before FriHost got 750 posts per day, or thereabout, so you would expect it to take a few months less (as opposed to 2 months more) for FriHost to accumulate another 500,000 posts.

So why has everything apparently slowed down? I'll try and remember to have a look after 20 days and see what the rate is at then. Perhaps there's been a bit of a slump in posting, although I doubt it.
Duncan Idaho
Post! #....I have no clue......
Chasingu
This will be kinda of cool.
Whong
Really cool, over 500 000, that's something really cool!

Laughing
Whong
Really awsome and cool, over 500 000, that's something really cool!

Keep up the good work! Very Happy
Laughing
SUPER_KNUCKLES
Bondings wrote:

Woah!

This is the first forums I've seen with that many posts!

Cangrats! Dancing
Punkhead
Congratulations Dancing
IceCreamTruck
Bondings wrote:

I'll do my best to help get to 1,000,000!!! ;-p

I love the service and I'm sure there are only more people out there that will!! Keep up the good work.
Vrythramax
ninjakannon wrote:
garionw wrote:
ninjakannon wrote:

Am I right?

The thing is, the number of posts per day would have started out really slowly and there wouldn't have even been 100 per day. But as the number of members has increased the so has, quite obviously, the number of posts. Thus, you would expect the number of posts per day to rise faster with the higher number of users FriHost has. I would have thought that the number of active users would continue to rise, however it hasn't - it appears to have just about stabilised, although it could still be slowly rising, I'm not sure. Anyway, there would have been a good few months before FriHost got 750 posts per day, or thereabout, so you would expect it to take a few months less (as opposed to 2 months more) for FriHost to accumulate another 500,000 posts.

So why has everything apparently slowed down? I'll try and remember to have a look after 20 days and see what the rate is at then. Perhaps there's been a bit of a slump in posting, although I doubt it.

All of this mathematics would ceratinly be correct if you didn't factor in the exponential growth factor. The more users we have...the more posts we get...it's highly problematic to really judge any growth factor.....what if 1000 users decide to go a posting spree for just a weekend?

That's 2 days that doesn't fit it with your numbers. I'm not trying to be negative....quite the opposite actually....we will make 1,000,000 in a very short stretch of time. Smile
ninjakannon
Vrythramax wrote:
All of this mathematics would ceratinly be correct if you didn't factor in the exponential growth factor. The more users we have...the more posts we get...it's highly problematic to really judge any growth factor.....what if 1000 users decide to go a posting spree for just a weekend?

That's 2 days that doesn't fit it with your numbers. I'm not trying to be negative....quite the opposite actually....we will make 1,000,000 in a very short stretch of time. Smile

Let's hope so! Very Happy

I'm going to give up trying to work out when FriHost will get 1,000,000 posts. We all need to get the friends we have that we're sure will post a lot to join FriHost; then this site will thrive... Or server 2 will fill up and everyone will get annoyed waiting for a server 3. Razz

@ Whong:
Whong wrote:
Really cool, over 500 000, that's something really cool!

Laughing

Whong wrote:
Really awsome and cool, over 500 000, that's something really cool

Keep up the good work! Very Happy
Laughing

Need I say more? Yes, that will get us to 1 million posts faster, but heck I don't think it would be a well earned 1 million if they were all pointless double posts.
garionw
Does anyone know if Bonding's managed to get us in
upestudios
Congratulations geee youv come a long way

I'm new to frihost but i can tell im goin to enjoy this very much
and i will help my very best to help u get to that million mark Smile
Vrythramax
we WILL make 1,000,000 soon....with all the great users and staff here we are sure to reach that goal in more time than simple mathematics allows. Very Happy

Keep posting people! Smile
Lessien
congrats to frihost and it's creators.
i must admid i'm not good at calculating when we will be reaching the next milestone but seeying how many people are members of this site and those numbers keeps increasing. i'm certain it won't take as long as it did till now to reach the half million. but that is just my own humble opinion. lol.
anyway, congrats to all. but i think we should congrat the posters themself too for posting so a sheer for yourself. after all a great forum can only exist with the help of it's members.
Applause
so virtual cake and drinks to all and lets have a party .
Vince
They all say that this is a good server. IF that's true then this will be an awesome opportunity to learn something about website administration. If anyone has any tips\tricks\helpful advice I would be indebted.

Thanks,

Vince

Post #1
silentdae
Great! I'm still surprised frihost is alive really. I think it's the only free host with so many features and no ads on your pages. Ahhh i think i'll actually get around to MAKING my site now...after i get my points up!
poweron-pt
Congratulations Surprised .

ninjakannon
silentdae wrote:
Great! I'm still surprised frihost is alive really. I think it's the only free host with so many features and no ads on your pages. Ahhh i think i'll actually get around to MAKING my site now...after i get my points up!

I did find one other host which didn't put ads on your pages... It went down for a week, then just died all together. Even if there are other hosts like FriHost (and I'm sure there are) I remain adamant that none offer such high quality and reliability as FriHost does.

Why are you surprised FriHost is alive? After all, free hosting is highly desirable for a lot of people and you have to post to get hosting here; so you would expect quite a few people to post here, really.
SFMeatwad
To think of it, this is a post to credit all individuals of the FriHost forums! Smile
Wrath
HALF A MILL!!!!!!!! that is a big number. I am new here but with such a large number of users and alot of positive feedback I know i have come to the right place!! Very Happy
Morgana
YAY 500 000
Captain Fertile
I've been keeping an eye on the new members and there are quite a few all the time. I can see there being a huge number of posts yet to come.

It has to be an exciting time for FriHost.

Well done again, everyone!
seanooi
wow, 500,000 posts. Thats just ALOT Laughing
vignesh_natraj
frihost has lived upto its name Reliable free hosting
I have had no problems with the hosting or forum since I have joined in this problem and I have developed my sites and learnt about earning money in the internet only after I joined frihost. You are my first host
and this place is really a emotional one for me. :i cannot find a suitable smiley:
ninjakannon
vignesh_natraj wrote:
frihost has lived upto its name Reliable free hosting
I have had no problems with the hosting or forum since I have joined in this problem and I have developed my sites and learnt about earning money in the internet only after I joined frihost. You are my first host
and this place is really a emotional one for me. :i cannot find a suitable smiley:

Hah, if you cannot find a suitable smiley, don't post one! Razz
If you don't mind me asking, why is FriHost emotional for you?

Anyway, FriHost does offer reliable free hosting, however it's not 100%. I must say amazing quality is offered considering it's all free. But there is noticeable downtime on server 2, even though it's not an enormous amount it is irritating - even if only for a few seconds at a time. When my forum was more active my friends complained about the momentary downtime to me, especially when they were posting. Also, when I'm working on my site, downtime is a big annoyance.

But, on the other hand, the good points far outweigh the bad ones here at FriHost and I'm certainly here to stay.
goutha
Congratulations and best wishes!

the million is not so far now!
canucktony
Hi there, good to hear you guys have 500,000 posts. Hopefully 1,000,000 posts is coming soon. 1,000,000 big hit.!
bulek
Congratulations, way to go, that's really really a huge number and much time spent on posting. If you write one answer ~1 minute, than 500.000 posts takes around 8333 hours which is approximate 347 days Shocked Hmm is that possible or am I wrong? Shocked
ninjakannon
bulek wrote:
Congratulations, way to go, that's really really a huge number and much time spent on posting. If you write one answer ~1 minute, than 500.000 posts takes around 8333 hours which is approximate 347 days Shocked Hmm is that possible or am I wrong? Shocked

To be honest most of my answers will take at least two minutes - some have taken me half an hour (if I write 1000 words, or thereabout). There are, however, lots of people who post short 1 liners to keep their points up and those will take a minute. If the average post time is 1 minute then you are right; I'm going to make a poll on the General Chat forum about how long it takes you to write your posts and see.
stephancreelle
indeed , i really respect the hosting program of this site. its like the best you can do. u get nice service , and with it , you create an intensivly used forum, where you can pose all your questions. its really becomming somekindof online community , a way of life :d
greetz
VipersRisk
congrats, im only new but its good to see this hosting site going well Smile
dosx
muchas felicitaciones, yo soy un nuevo miembro que viene desde Chile Laughing
toughtrio
Bondings provided the Quality, Reliable hosting we needed, and we gave him the posts he required. Well, credit goes to Bondings, I think, as he initiated the brilliant idea. All in all, human co-operation I must say Wink

Warm Regards,
divinitywolf
500 000's a big acheivement. frihost has certainly been a great success. congratulations to the people who founded it.
ninjakannon
divinitywolf wrote:
500 000's a big acheivement. frihost has certainly been a great success. congratulations to the people who founded it.

Bondings (Steve Bondings), is the founder of Frihost - just so you know (as well as everyone else who reads this). Wink

I think we should all praise him for creating the most reliable free hosting on the Planet. Cool
jaymo-t
Blu_Spykz wrote:

b l u s p y k z

even tho i just joined, i think this place is great. keep up the good work
darknight985
yeah, thats cool, im glad that this site is already has an established forum community. usually you join a hosting forum and they have about 5 active people. It is very boring talking to the same people everyday. Sad
maclui
I feel really proud since I am a frihoster, I think Bondigs must feel as a rock star right now. I hope you keep this comunity for many more posts.
Dragonfly
Congratulations!! Thats a lot. In the left you can see how much I contributed to the posts. Frihost is really the best free hosting website..
rjagathe
congrats to frihost and it's creators.
i must admit I am not good at calculating when we will be reaching the next milestone but seeing how many people are members of this site and those numbers keeps increasing.I am certain it won't take as long as it did till now to reach the half million. but that is just my own humble opinion.
anyway, congrats to all. but I think we should congrats the posters themselves too for posting so a sheer for yourself. after all a great forum can only exist with the help of it's members.
rjagathe
'd like to say that Frihost could easily be the best service available - so thank you for that.

rjagathe
To be honest most of my answers will take at least two minutes - some have taken me half an hour (if I write 1000 words, or thereabout). There are, however, lots of people who post short 1 liners to keep their points up and those will take a minute. If the average post time is 1 minute then you are right; I'm going to make a poll on the General Chat forum about how long it takes you to write your posts and see.
rjagathe
I am expecting very anxiously to create my own web pages through frihost
rjagathe
ninjakannon
rjagathe wrote:

Okay, well with posts like that I think you really do need to be anxious. Oh, and I just realised that it was a double post as well as being off-topic.

Need I remind you that you need a minimum of 5 quality posts and at least 10 points before your hosting is accepted. Now, you haven't yet made 5 quality posts, have you? You have the required points though, so you're half way there.
Alkmania
Congratulations and onto one million! Cool
phazor
weee
phazor
yay and congrads
phazor
lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of posts
phazor
so many posts so little time
phazor
I am not exactly sure what i am doing right now
phazor
how many members would that be then? i mean 500,000 is more than 100,000 if people just came here for the free webcite but there are so many forumns here it is hard to believe. it must be around 25, 000 i think
garionw
I seriously think that this can be locked now, were getting new member's making 5 posts here (In a row) and its starting to get annoying
ninjakannon
garionw wrote:
I seriously think that this can be locked now, were getting new member's making 5 posts here (In a row) and its starting to get annoying

Six actually. Razz

Guess which new spammer at FriHost is not going to get their desired free, top quality, unrivalled hosting?

Yeah, I agree 100% there, garionw, this topic really needs to be locked straight away.
jobu
tell them what they have won Jimbo!

Congrats should be able to get some good advert $$ with that
floriansimon
WOW!
CONGRATULATIONS!
Ledyrian
Gratz guys. really nice! Smile
zivkong
hail to frihost!!!

this is also a reason why i joined this server...

hope that this server will last~~

Good luck admin!!!!
tefa_taftaf2010
WooooOooooW

It's Amazing to reach to 500 000 posts

We Have to Keep working to make it 7 Millions i'm sure we can do it

Regards Wink Wink
The_Gamer294
hooray for us!

damn... my points are getting low
ninjakannon
The_Gamer294 wrote:
hooray for us!

Which is the exact reason why you just made that spammy post! This topic seriously needs to be locked soon, it's just opened up a window for people to regain a few points by saying "woooooooooo! go frihost yeah woooo". This is spamers heaven.
shoes22
Congratulations Bondings & Co for your hard work and providing the best free hosting service possible. Cool
Scorpio
ninjakannon wrote:
The_Gamer294 wrote:
hooray for us!

Which is the exact reason why you just made that spammy post! This topic seriously needs to be locked soon, it's just opened up a window for people to regain a few points by saying "woooooooooo! go frihost yeah woooo". This is spamers heaven.

You are right on that one. Also, this is turning out to be like one of those Happy New Year threads, where you get Happy New Year everybody in almost every post, which is essentially spamming.
highlordadmin
Wow.. I love this place, and i've been registered for 5 minutes... Well, Congratulations whit all those posts!
Dragonfly-online
congratulations frihost!

the million mark will be here sooner than you might think...
garionw
Please.... Lock this soon

I think some members are starting to get repetitive and posting congratulation's messages which should go in the Thank the Frihost Staff topic
Ghost Rider103
wow, that is a massive ammount of post.

Hopefully we will reach One Million sooner than we reached 500,000. That would be awesome.
kevbailey
I am amazed at how few idiots there are on this forum who spam. Everyone here seems to be very mature in actually important discussions.
Scorpio
Dragonfly-online wrote:

the million mark will be here sooner than you might think...

Yeah! Absolutely. With posts in this thread about how great frihost is for getting half a million posts, we'll hit a million posts in this thread itself if left unlocked.

Either the mods have not noticed it, or are keeping their eyes averted from this on purpose.

Why isn't this closed yet?
tidruG
-closed- for obvious reasons.