FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

forums

schumway
I dont know about you folks... nice to have free web space but there are a lot of blogs on here that is more ramble vs content... I think a lot of it is that you basically need to post 15-20 messages a month to retain your service... I dont talk to my best friends that much and run out of stuff to talk about.

too bad... talked to a few people and they say... you can get a whole site for 20$ per year... why spend your available family time on forums to keep free web space you get with your ISP and if that is not enough then look at buying some space.

has FRIhost thought of reducing the ongoing amount required?
Donutey
The posting doesn't take much time. Most people here are learning how to build and setup websites, and the required posting isn't such a hassle because they often have questions and learn in the forums here.
HoboPelican
schumway wrote:
too bad... talked to a few people and they say... you can get a whole site for 20$ per year... why spend your available family time on forums to keep free web space you get with your ISP and if that is not enough then look at buying some space.

has FRIhost thought of reducing the ongoing amount required?

Gee, I hope not! Laughing I would push for increasing the amount. What would be the point of reducing the posting needed? Should we just give it away to everyone for free? If posting a few times a month is too hard, just pay the $20 bucks somewhere else. But I think most of us here enjoy the community and have no problem posting occasionally.
RhysAndrews
See, I don't mind posting every so often, as you said, HoboPelican.. but I hate being forced to post when I'm losing all my points. Because, I might post on here for a week or something, every now and then... but then I might not post for a month or so because i'm so busy... so the emails are a bit of a pain.

-Rhys
Yantaal
i just post in my lunch breaks at work, no problems for me
Davidgr1200
Just get into the habit of logging in once or maybe twice a week and posting in three or four interesting subjects. It's not a bind if you just spend a few minutes every week.
sbel
With the current point limit (45), i can skip logging onto Frihost for a week if i have deadlines to cover up. If you reduce that limit i wouldn't last a week. Heck, with 45 i can even come back after more than a month and still have my account. But i never do that. You shouldn't too, be cool about it Wink

Also, almost all paidhosting out there (particularly the cheap ones) are bought in USD. USD$20 may not be alot to you, but for users from other countries, particularly the ones with currencies lower than the US,will find that pretty high end for JUST A HOSTING.

Like me, if i did get the hosting, USD$20 will be $80-90 our money. That's a little expensive especially for students who do not earn yet.
GameFreak
Hey, it's really easy to earn points here.

Just reach 45 points once and then post once a day!

In case you will not be able to post for a couple of days or something there's no hassle, as you can post afterwards and reach 45 points again!

Soon, you'll find out how much fun posting is!
tribe
I try to post often. The sites I do post on though revolve around a particular topic I like to talk about. On here I have to pick and choose to stay active to retain my account and my hosting.

I have been here for well over a year I think now, and if I fall off posting, like I have been lately, frihost sends you a post telling you you're post points are low, so I just go post a little bit.
mogchr
I actually forgot about posting, and I received my first warning message today. I don't know, I think that it partially creates a bit of spam around the forums, and I the post count per month may need a bit of reduction. Well, I'm back now that I have received the warning.
Captain Fertile
I think FriHost is exceedingly generous for their requirments to provide the service.

I have had several paid accounts and not many offer the options available from FriHost and certainly not for free.

I want to be an active part of a community, this is about the best one I have come across so it is great, add to this the provision of free hosting and that is even better.

I think they are a lot stricter on policing the content of the your web space than most providers but that is their porogative and it is all clearly laid down in the terms and conditions so should be of no suprise.

The bottom line is that if I don't like it I am free to go elsewhere but I'll be hard pressed to find such a good forum plus good free hosting without ads.

If accepting free hosting but not liking the posting on a forum maybe FriHost is not for you.

It is only difficult to earn points if you don't want to be part of the forum and if you have not read what makes a quality post.

When I struggle to keep my points up then that would be the time I think about moving elsewhere for free hosting.
truespeed
Once you get to 45 points,if your busy ,with whatever,you can pretty much not post for 45 days,thats 6 weeks break from posting,and on your return its easy to get your points back up as there are always lots of active and new topics to reply to.
Captain Fertile
truespeed wrote:
Once you get to 45 points,if your busy ,with whatever,you can pretty much not post for 45 days,thats 6 weeks break from posting,and on your return its easy to get your points back up as there are always lots of active and new topics to reply to.

Spot on - thats kind of what I wanted to say but couldn't - I've had a drink or two and my head is somewat fuzzy!

Anyway, that about sums it all up and there is no arguing with the logic.
sibbahz
Im always falling into the - numbers, got my second warning a few days back. Recently been having a lot of coursework to do for college so posting on here has become less important to me, and the hosting is hardly used. Only posting to keep the account open as im likely to need it again soon!
DynamicNames
It's true that buying webspace is 100% better, and that you could always get a free website with your ISP. However, the free site you get with your ISP fails in comparison with what Frihost offers you. And, as for the buying free webspace stuff, most of us don't have a credit card yet. You may ask, why not ask your mom or a parent? Well, she doesn't trust the internet, so she wouldn't get me my own website, which is probably the case for some other members.
darvit
DynamicNames wrote:
And, as for the buying free webspace stuff, most of us don't have a credit card yet. You may ask, why not ask your mom or a parent? Well, she doesn't trust the internet, so she wouldn't get me my own website, which is probably the case for some other members.

Precisely. Well for my case, I have a credit card under my parents' names, but because I'm a jobless full-time student, they end up paying the credit card bill. And they also disapprove of my website stuff [they think it's all a waste of time], so no paid web services for me. Sad